Stage Select

The Cartoons and Animation Thread

2 hours ago, iStu X said:

While I’m glad the new spidey movie is doing numbers I’m kinda being “that guy” regarding it and feel like gate keeping it a bit. 

so many people who clearly know nothing about the characters or spidey as a whole or have never thought about reading a comic  are now claiming to be life long fans as well as reaching HARD about certain character aspects and dynamics. 

Just fucking stop. 

I haven't been seeing much of that going on in my time line but I have been seeing the discourse that was going on up to the movies release with certain people claiming that Miles was not Spider-man. 

58 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I haven't been seeing much of that going on in my time line but I have been seeing the discourse that was going on up to the movies release with certain people claiming that Miles was not Spider-man. 

He’s been spider man for almost 13 years. Those people need to get over it. He’s honestly my favorite of the “main” spider-man’s as he still embodies what spider-man is to me. Peter Parker (616) no longer feels that way to me. At all. And hasn’t for a long, long, time. 

Edited by iStu X

Spidey in the comics is a poster boy currently for editorial incompetence. Now part of these problems predates the current editorial staff but in general the Spidey books especially with Peter have got stuck on status quo adjustments and sensationalism. We don't get Peter being able to be the actual Friendly Neighborhood guy or just a guy really. Nevermind their inability to just let him and MJ have a sustainable relationship.

9 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I am not about to go the movies to see this cause I haven't watched the original Bambi in years and I think that movie might seriously fuck me up if I watch it now.

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1668694445103915009?t=xn5OxsogcADx5NY_ncC4-A&s=19

Edit:  oh and they'll likely fuck it up in some way

"I''ll take Creatively Bankrupt Companies for $1000, Alex"

"This company made it's hay on theme parks and animated adaptations of children's stories."

"Who is Disney?"

"Correct."

1 hour ago, Hecatom said:

Is always amusing to see how smug those idiots are when talking down to their potential costumers.

I'm not super fluent myself but the audacity she has did piss me off. "we were colonized anyway so why does it matter" is such a slap in the face. We'll see if Disney does any damage control at all. 

42 minutes ago, TheInfernoman said:

I'm not super fluent myself but the audacity she has did piss me off. "we were colonized anyway so why does it matter" is such a slap in the face. We'll see if Disney does any damage control at all. 

One of the reply Tweets hit the nail on the head. Show's why her stance is hypocritical. "

On 4/18/2023 at 9:00 PM, Sonichuman said:

Adult Swim just put this video up

Noticeably...Primal may not actually be done...Also people rightly pointing out that there's at least 2 glaring omissions in this video.  Sym Bionic Titan deserved so much better.

On 4/18/2023 at 11:48 PM, RSG3 said:

Yea I notice a few glaring ommissions here.

Super late, but I think that Symbionic Titan is not referenced because it was dumped as a tax write off in like 2014 alongside Beware The Batman.

Is the same reason why you don't see Reruns for Megas XLR, neither references to it, or Robot Jonns.

Edited by Hecatom

Yeah it is insane a group of creators can have their work exiled into oblivion unless of the faint hope that pirates liked it enough to save and keep distributing it, just because some asshole multi millionaires are trying to save a million or two for companies that make billions over time. 

Edit: Or what happened with the Batgirl movie where it is basically killed off before release.

Edited by Wellman

Once again going to the idea of should you do something.

I know the appeal of a Batman show is obvious but of the half dozens ones that came before it trying to do it without Batman directly and succeeded there are like maybe two arguably more if you count getting a second or more season a success.

I bet DC probably has some weird Batman embargo. Like, why can't I get a weekly,  procedural Batman show with him being a detective, solving crimes and fighting supervillains?

They constantly make live action shows AROUND Batman instead of ABOUT him? I don't wanna watch infant Bruce or learn about some D list characters in Gotham, gimme what I want damn it😂