Stage Select

The Cartoons and Animation Thread

On 2/7/2023 at 10:14 PM, AriesWarlock said:

I wonder if this will be in the new show

I doubt they’d announce a new show just to transfer the comics over to a show. Seems like a waste of time. They’ll probably reference stuff, sure. All the comic book stories are canon after all. But I doubt we’ll get full coverages. Probably flash backs, montages, etc. 

22 hours ago, Wellman said:

Damn, after all that hype about Iger coming back to 'save' the company from business focused Chapek.

Something to also consider is that much like anyone who is placed in a high position of power or a large company, they suddenly are being put in a position that some one else held where things that were put in place were not of their doing.  It usually takes a about a year or so for the new person in power to see any real results of their choices (and in some cases like the Pres of the US may not see any real results until they are out of office and thats if the next guy that comes in doesn't upend everything before any results can truly be seen).  I'm giving Iger the benefit of a doubt here cause I'm pretty sure he had to come back in, survey that Chapek had put in place after he left and then make decisions on that moving forward.  So we won't know if the amount of people let go was truly necessary or not until later.

All I know is that they should have split the announcement cause it kinda gives the feeling as "Hey...I uh had to take your dog outside and shoot it sooo sorry about that.  If its any consolation though here's some Dairy Queen!"

On 2/10/2023 at 10:21 AM, Wellman said:

Damn, after all that hype about Iger coming back to 'save' the company from business focused Chapek.

Considering that all the problems that people blame to Chapeck started with Iger...

All of this is basically his doing.

He is the one that put Disney in massive debt by over spending and overpaying for Fox and LucasArts.

He is the one that put in place most of the price increases and programs that people didn't like in the parks, the one that started Disney+, which tbf, many companies jumped at the streaming services at the time thinking that was a good plan, but it has been something that has put really heavy economic strains on all the studios that made their own streaming services, only serving to put every studio in major financial problems that they were already.

He is the person responsible on the overspending on the content for D+ as well.

Chapek didn't have enough time to put in place his own policies and moves and see the results, specially because Iger still loomed over the horizon being a chairman and all of that.

Edit

BTW, I am not suprised that as soon as he came back as CEO, Disney announced sequels for Zootopia and Toy Story.

What I am suprised is that there were no new announcements for more Live Action remakes.

Edited by Hecatom
29 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

328991542_1195252891361105_6646251121155

Though not many details about the projects were shared, Fred Soulie, GM of Mattel Television said, "It was important to us that we properly reflect the world that kids today live in so that the series can deliver meaningful lessons about navigating it."

...Who wants to take bets on which politician will try to come for Barney?

Just now, Darc_Requiem said:

Hey they could be using Komodo Dragons 😏

Jokes aside.

The only way I can see this working is IF they are doing an actual adaptation of the books.

I love HTTYD, but if we are being honest, they are in name only adaptations of the books.

So, if the LA movie is an actual adaptation, then this can be something I can get behind.

But we all know that is mostly a remake of the animated movie, so this movie is pointless.

7 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

TMNT Mutant Mayhem teaser trailer 

God damn @ that list of people in this movie.  Giancarl, Paul Rudd, Hannibal Buress, John Cena, Maya Rudulph, Seth Rogen, Post Malone, Ice Cube...fucking Jackie Chan  lol.

Edit:  I just realized that I missed where you posted most of the people involved earlier.

Edited by Sonichuman

They should give 15 percent to the Spider verse artists/animators.

Interesting that they're keeping April black like "Rise".

I still dont like Don with glasses. 

I'm wondering if either Baxter or that Utrom played by Maya Rudolph will be the main villain or someone else. 

My guess is that Shredder will be a post credit tease for a potential second film.

On 3/4/2023 at 8:05 PM, Hecatom said:

Is amazing how the series changes from s1 to s2 for the worse.

Leaving aside the story, characterization and shipping, the quality in animation went downhill from s2 onwards

Loved that show and yes the first season was massively better in animation quality then what came later. I don't mind the shipping and teenage nonsense although it makes the back half rougher to get through then I would have liked given how great it initially started. 

2 hours ago, Wellman said:

Loved that show and yes the first season was massively better in animation quality then what came later. I don't mind the shipping and teenage nonsense although it makes the back half rougher to get through then I would have liked given how great it initially started. 

I also usually don't mind shipping (I have even partaken in shipping at some times), but when it becomes a crutch for the writers to insert drama/fanservice is when it becomes an issue for me.

If it was well written then be my guest, but in most occasions, like what happened with Star, it was something that took away from the limited run time that the series had and it was poorly written, which in turn made everything feel rushed, unearned and ruined interesting plot routes/points they laid out just because StarCo was the end game, yet they insisted in inserting ship dynamics that were contrary to said end game taking away time from the plots they already didn't have time even if they were not wasting it on shippings, lol.