Stage Select

The Cartoons and Animation Thread

53 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Iirc Marco and Star weren’t even supposed to be together. The creator and her writing team kept pushing Marco to be trans by the end of the series (which if you paid attention to how Marco acted, you could totally see it happening) but Disney squashed it. which is likely why they went with the easy way out at the end 

Dunno where are you getting that, since Star is based on Daron Nefcy (the creator) and Marco is based on Bobby Miller, her husband (which iirc he is also a writer on the show).

Marco was never pushed to be trans at all, since the end game since day one was that both of them would end together .

It is something that they said in multiple interviews through the years, where they put a bit of themselves on both chars, and that their relationship was created around their own experiences.

I'll always have 2k3 as my headcanon choice of TMNT run (yes even over the goofy classic OG animated 80's run and OG comic though I like both). I think as I have gotten older I stopped caring for all these new versions of established IPs. If this new TMNT is someone's jam, have fun. I got one ver I love and that's all I need, similar to Batman TAS and everything else that is canon to that world. 

As for this new April, terrible design. I don't like it, it may appeal to some but it does nothing for me. I didn't even watch any of the last few runs of the show (nothing past the CG 07 movie) and the last animated one had a great design! 

Edited by TheInfernoman
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Also, to shock of no one twatter still wants his life ruined. 

Well OBVIOUSLY when Twatter sees claims against someone they want to hate, they run with it and don't care what the results are so long as Twatter gets what it wants or shames/harasses/bullies you until you submit. I was told Twatter wasn't always this way...

Edited by TheInfernoman

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/news/michael-reeves-obit/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Reaves

Michael Reaves, a longtime animation and prose writer has passed away due to complications from Parkinson's disease.

He worked on a wide variety of Tv shows from the late 1970's to late 2000's that include fan favorites such as:

G1 Transformers

The Real Ghostbusters

1987 TMNT

Tiny Toons

Gargoyles

Beast Machines

He-Man (1983 and 2002)

Batman TAS - He co-wrote "Perchance to Dream" and was one of the writers on Mask of the Phantasm.

RIP.

Edited by DangerousJ

337394209_751338576589198_34771214610509

SMURFETTE WAS A SPY CREATED BY GARGAMEL

The question of why Smurfette is the sole female Smurf in the village was never really a mystery at all. In Peyo’s original comics, Smurfette wasn’t a real Smurf to begin with — she was created by Gargamel.

Gargamel sent her into Smurf Village as a seductive distraction to incite chaos amongst the male-dominated Smurf society (which she did.) She even had cool 007-style gadgets like a transponder disguised as a make-up compact to keep her boss in the loop. Eventually, the disgruntled Smurfs put her on trial for her evil-doing, leading to her suffering a crisis of conscience, and turning on her creator. Papa Smurf then used magic to make her an official Smurf.

Disney dropping 7000 more employees as part of "strategic realignment"

https://www.ign.com/articles/disney-laying-off-7000-employees-as-part-of-strategic-realignment

How many people have been let go at this point?  The heck is going on now?

Also why is there a live action Aristocats remake happening?  Have I misjudged Aristocats popularity/place in the tiers of the Disney hierarchy of movies?

https://www.ign.com/articles/live-action-version-of-the-aristocats-to-be-directed-by-questlove

3 hours ago, iStu X said:

Inb4itstoowokecausejimmyolsonisblack

Wouldn't it be so much funnier if they bitched about Clark being hunched over and meager looking and shit? It would be "Star Treks gone woke" levels of ironically funny...

Edited by RSG3

Them doing a live action remake of Moana is too fucking soon.  *checks*  It ain't even been 10 years yet!    This feels like The Last of Us Part 1 all over again.  I'm not even psyched at all to see this movie cause it hasn't even given me a chance to be nostalgic about it.   They're going to have to really sell me on the trailers cause my desire to see this is pretty low.

Oh yeah, it's going to be funny when they inevitably do a remake of the Aladdin remake that had Will Smith as the djinn/genie.  It's about to be exactly 4 years old very soon.  This seems to be what they're all about now... remake everything, with the occasional race-swap (but only a particular kind; so Moana and Maui are "safe", obviously...just like the Princess and the Frog characters if they ever remake that in live action; actually that one's from 2009-- a bit overdue on that one) for good measure.

...like they're taking cues from the current state of the gaming industry with all the remakes and "re-masters"

Edited by MillionX