Stage Select

The SF6 Thread: Mena Won Evo Japan!

13 minutes ago, TWINBLADES said:

You're a good player so your placement would probably auto slot you into Plat 1 anyway. I honestly thought about staying away from ranked but I'm a degen and the numbers going up makes me feel funny in the pants. What's your CFN?

Sonero.

I'm honestly losing to people I don't have any business losing to and its mostly for not knowing how to pressure people when everything is negative. Right now some shit just feels weird in this game and I don't know how to handle it. Its just...so much mashing. I also absolutely hate not getting drive rush cancels out of crouching normals. Feels like I drop those a lot at critical times and its annoying AF.

On the positive side, my daughter just comboed into super with Chun using modern controls. With her mashing she managed to do stance HP xx Kikosho. The look on her face was amazing so...10/10 game,

21 minutes ago, Sonero said:

On the positive side, my daughter just comboed into super with Chun using modern controls. With her mashing she managed to do stance HP xx Kikosho. The look on her face was amazing so...10/10 game,

I’m jealous of you in the most wholesome way possible. That’s an amazing experience 🙌🏽 

I’m almost at plat 3 but I’m thinking I’m hard stuck.

Plus switching to fight stick is making my hands hurt I haven’t even been playing trying to let them heal. I’ll probably get a converter and switch back to ds4. 

hopefully I can make it into a megashock lobby and play y’all again soon.

Edit- cfn- moyospeed 

Capcom Id-ill_will88

Edited by Illwill88

Played some dude in the casual wait  matchmaking a few games. He went on a three game streak doing random DIs.

So I 10-0ed him afterwards and left.

I kinda get why DI is there but that thing can suck some massive donkey dicks some times. We gotta go back in time and just kick in the balls whomever thought of a focus attack with two points of armor. 😂

Yesterday I got 1-1 against a Honda player who would just spam headbutt, buttslam and doing lots of DI up close like it's a normal.

Got tilted and win quit on him. God damn it that was annoying.

Of course I forgot the fact that I am Manon and just saw a video a few days ago what she can do to counter headbutt pretty efficiently.

During a match my brain is like swiss cheese.
👴

13 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Hot take - Fuck Disney. Capcom Fighting All-Stars with modern/dynamic controls and famous faces from all its killer franchises (but especially the fighting games that are not Street Fighter) would sell like hot cakes. 

Lol what did Disney do? 

16 minutes ago, -PVL93- said:

Capcom ruined mvc4. Let's not pretend that Infinite being a shit product is all due to Disney 

A lot of it was. At this point the amount of Marvel meddling wtih the game has been noted. They were given a truncated timeline to get the game done, had issues with trailers etc.

23 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Characters are not functions. etc.

Why do people take Combofiend's comment in bad faith. Even back then it was obvious what he was trying to convey.

I assure you that if characters weren't functions at some level, you wouldn't see shotos copy/pasted all over the place in fighting games.

4 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

From my experience, Honda players crumble when you know how to deal with headbutt and sumo drop. The last one I played started throwing out DI to get any kind of advantage.

Even something simple as using parry against headbutt and butt slam is so effective. You get one decent combo worth of damage and play not to lose (aka lame) and they have no idea what to do most of the time.