Stage Select

The SF6 Thread: Akuma Incoming!

On 6/24/2023 at 4:02 PM, -PVL93- said:

Kinda surreal seeing modern controls actually being used in a tournament setting 

I think i would be sooner a norm

Here a thing in MTG there are so many formats that were not from the makers of MTG itself it just spawn on it's own thing because majority likes it and it even overtake the main format aka type2/standard.

because some format is cheaper, accesible and does not rotate like standard so people prefered those.

So there this format called premodern and modern.

if many people would play Modern over the Classic. No wonder sooner or later there would be Modern dedicated tournaments that requires everyone to play with Modern controls if they will participate.

It's the new trend now

Something I didn't realise with Modern is that you can still do standard motions and get the special without a damage penalty. That makes them incredibly good for a character like Gief who can use normal SPD inputs during the match but instant Super (with reduced, but still good damage) to punish things you'd otherwise not be able to.

Not quite sure how I feel about that, I think it should be a 1 or 2 situation, not a mix. But we'll have to see how it pans out.

Joke's on Punk, Blanka is a charge character, he has to hold back (= block) at some point. But nice to see him on the complain train already, dude never grows up.

From my noobish perspective I think it's a bit dumb that heavy Blanka Ball is completely safe on block unless you Perfect Parry it. But the character is severely underused, meaning nobody has much experience against him, so it's kind of nonsensical to complain about him at this stage.

10 hours ago, Daemos said:

Kudos to Mena for pushing underdog characters like Birdie and Blanka to the forefront of competitive.

Mena stays doing me favors. I mained Blanka in SF4 and Birdie in SF5. I haven't played any ranked at all, but I'm plenty encouraged to play with him! 

Generally I don't know who to main still because I don't know who fits me just yet, I'd like to get a feel of all the characters before I make some moves and I'm a story monger lol

22 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Buffering st.lks into Drive Rush gotta be one of the craziest tools ever in a street fighter game. If you're at kind of low life and they have 4 drive meter bars and a super, you're gonna die.

dumb question but can you safely buffer drive rush into normals when fishing for a hit?

Beyond ED, Rashid, Akuma and Aki

Here a thing if there would be a theme DLC season.

like Mad Gear/Final Fight, Secret Society and Shadaloo.

In what Order and what theme do you think they would be if divided into 4 seasons

mine would be

0. ED, Rashid, Akuma and Aki

1. Final Fight/Mad Gear

2. Secret Society and Strike Fighters

3. Shadaloo / Zero

3 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

Beyond ED, Rashid, Akuma and Aki

Here a thing if there would be a theme DLC season.

like Mad Gear/Final Fight, Secret Society and Shadaloo.

In what Order and what theme do you think they would be if divided into 4 seasons

mine would be

0. ED, Rashid, Akuma and Aki

1. Final Fight/Mad Gear

2. Secret Society and Strike Fighters

3. Shadaloo / Zero

I'm in the "I don't give a shit about anyone else" phase of my grief, so give me Bison in Season 2 and do whatever the fuck you want with everyone else.

I don't think themed DLC is a good idea because, yes, on one hand you make a specific audience really happy, but if someone doesn't care too much for FF, you're basically not selling them anything for an entire year.

There's no real common denominator with the first four DLC characters and I'd expect this to continue moving forward. If I had to take a gamble I'd say there's probably one newcomer per season, but other than that it's likely just whoever they feel like adding.

13 minutes ago, delete_me said:

I don't think themed DLC is a good idea because, yes, on one hand you make a specific audience really happy, but if someone doesn't care too much for FF, you're basically not selling them anything for an entire year.

There's no real common denominator with the first four DLC characters and I'd expect this to continue moving forward. If I had to take a gamble I'd say there's probably one newcomer per season, but other than that it's likely just whoever they feel like adding.

One newcomer if seasons are 6 characters. 25% of a season being new can be difficult to overlook for some.

My prediction is that every season will have at least one SF2 character and one shoto, then they fill the rest with those in demand and one wild card every now and then. Season 1 happens to have both in one character (Akuma).

25% would be a lower newcomer percentage than what we had for SFV though. Most seasons in that game had between two and three newcomers out of six total characters and outside of Season 2, which ramped it up to 5/6, I don't remember it being particularly controversial.

I also still think that four will be the number going forward for SF6. I just don't see them releasing a character with that level of detail and polish every other month. There's just not enough time in a year for that to be feasible.

45 minutes ago, delete_me said:

I also still think that four will be the number going forward for SF6. I just don't see them releasing a character with that level of detail and polish every other month. There's just not enough time in a year for that to be feasible.

We'll see but I am almost certain they've been working on Season 1 for years, and are probably halfway done with Season 2 and in the early concept art stages of Season 3. They definitely "know" which characters are coming back and the tentative release schedule.

Consider that they have to contact all the VAs and Announcers to do the recordings, and then you have WTM interactions.

So it is feasible to release a character every other month or at least 5 a year if they planned for it. We know they budgeted for it from the 2021/22 leak of their game release schedule.

5 hours ago, Daemos said:

I'm in the "I don't give a shit about anyone else" phase of my grief, so give me Bison in Season 2 and do whatever the fuck you want with everyone else.

Basically where I am. I’ll take just 1 character I actually enjoy so I can play the game rest of the characters could be Elf or Rufus tier for all I care. 

38 minutes ago, ToreyBeans said:

W-where did you find this?! The art is sick and I'm tryna see a tracklist or something!

I'm mad that it comes out at the end of September though...

Found it here.

On a side note, saw the single worst opinion on World Tour.

I love playing Strive, but I would kill to have a fraction of something like WT in it or any other fighting game. Capcom doing a MKD Konquest mode was the best decision.

Edited by BornWinner