Stage Select

The SF6 Thread: Akuma Incoming!

1 hour ago, Nym said:

Saw this video today and I had no idea this was happening I don't pay enough attention to meters, but this seems like a good reason to use the shortcut instead of holding parry 

"A little bit of a harder input that you can sometimes mess up"

^this is what I'm talking about, 1 out of 6 times you'll get a dash instead of a drive rush. HOWEVER... I tried what @Voltsuggested, to do the shortcut but press the parry buttons just a tad faster than the second forward input and I think that solves the accidental dashes issue. So yea I'd use shortcut but press the parry just a millisecond before the forward input and I think that would be optimal. 

Edited by Maravilla
26 minutes ago, Maravilla said:

"A little bit of a harder input that you can sometimes mess up"

^this is what I'm talking about, 1 out of 6 times you'll get a dash instead of a drive rush. HOWEVER... I tried what @Voltsuggested, to do the shortcut but press the parry buttons just a tad faster than the second forward input and I think that solves the accidental dashes issue. So yea I'd use shortcut but press the parry just a millisecond before the forward input and I think that would be optimal. 

That was me instead of @Volt

Honest mistake though, it's easy to get Blanka-sama's most loyal two servants mixed up.

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I'm sure they'll add additional ranks at the top like they did with SFV. I'd be surprised if Grandmaster and Warlord don't show up after things settle a bit.

They're going to have to add it. It makes me wonder if they are going to do ranked resets like they did in Super SF4, AE, etc

2 hours ago, Volta said:

Welcome to the 'everybody is a winner' era.

I think that 1st mainstream game that introduced such clownery in their rank system was Overwatch.

It is why you have so many people thinking they are hot shit because they are Platinum, when in reality you can be in Platinum for having an SR of 49.3%

Average players being ranked as low as Gold and as far as Platinum is the epitome of giving participation trophies.

Meanwhile in Master Duel you have everyone but a fraction of people trapped in Silver, with Gold becoming the cemetery where all the top tier but not broken decks go to die, with some at best pocking up to Platinum 1 or 2 at best if you are lucky.

They recently added Diamond so the Tier 0 decks that are super broken can die fighting each other and allow others to have more fun.

Hell, I would even say that you see a better variety of fun decks in Silver and Gold because of that.

This is the only fighting game where I want to actively send people hate mail. Everything being negative is such a crazy ass thing for an SF game that it enables the biggest idiots to pretend they have defense.

I just wanna beat people and let them know they are fucking enabled garbage by this Woke Frame Data agenda letting them mash. Overall really great game that makes me want to be physically violent with others.

If Juri can have a st.mp be +2, then they need to start paying what they owe with the rest of the cast. And for the love of fucking god, either make Cammy's B.MP anti air again or just make her fight with one arm. So fucking tired of dudes jumping in for free because that shit has a dead spot.

I cornered them fair and square. Now lemme give them the M I 6 business.

2 hours ago, Sonero said:

This is the only fighting game where I want to actively send people hate mail. Everything being negative is such a crazy ass thing for an SF game that it enables the biggest idiots to pretend they have defense.

I just wanna beat people and let them know they are fucking enabled garbage by this Woke Frame Data agenda letting them mash. Overall really great game that makes me want to be physically violent with others.

If Juri can have a st.mp be +2, then they need to start paying what they owe with the rest of the cast. And for the love of fucking god, either make Cammy's B.MP anti air again or just make her fight with one arm. So fucking tired of dudes jumping in for free because that shit has a dead spot.

Giovanna main's lament.

Woe to the poor Gio main. 

Sweetheart there's only one real Street Fighter, and this isn't it.
Those who were around in 1991 know... I maybe be in my 40's but OG Street Fighter and Street Fighter 2 are both legendary, and it wasn't all about graphics back then even though the sprites were groundbreaking... 

You had to actually be a skilled player to execute a 4+ hit combo in Street Fighter...

But they've dumbed it down now where instead of actually doing every single move yourself, you press a button and get a multi hit combo.

This is ok I guess, but the so called "tournament or best" players would get absolutely wrecked in say Street Fighter 2 by me.

Thats a standing invite to anyone that wants that smoke.

I remember when the Street Fighter HD Remix was offered on psn years ago, and I hadn't even touched a controller in 20 years, and I handed the 3rd highest ranked player his ass.

I got a trophy for Street Fighter 2 from GALLOPING GHOST...
Thats an arcade for the little youngsters that may not know.

I am not feeling this bs Modenr Control system that's happening.

I know you probably won't respond. That's fine.

But it took way more skill back then than it does now.

I'll stand by what I said.

Anyone that wants to challenge me at the real Street Fighter 2 or Street Fighter HD Remix will get washed...
That sissy iDom included... and buddy is a complete flamer.

12 hours ago, Hecatom said:

I think that 1st mainstream game that introduced such clownery in their rank system was Overwatch.

It is why you have so many people thinking they are hot shit because they are Platinum, when in reality you can be in Platinum for having an SR of 49.3%

Average players being ranked as low as Gold and as far as Platinum is the epitome of giving participation trophies.

At the end of the day it's pretty much irrelevant what colour your badge is as long as the system works and matches you up with people of your skill level.

12 hours ago, Sonero said:

No disrespect but I find it absolutely hilarious this gets under your skin so much…as in isn’t the aspect of the game I expected you to be bothered by. 

SF6 isn’t perfect but I really like the frame data in this game.

1 hour ago, Vhozite said:

No disrespect but I find it absolutely hilarious this gets under your skin so much…as in isn’t the aspect of the game I expected you to be bothered by. 

Bro, dudes block one jab in this game and you can hear a college dissertation being written with how quick they are to press a button afterwards.

Funny enough some of the top tiers have good cancels to dissuade this type of behavior or don't need to interact with it too much. With cammy I've found that getting out of dodge is sometimes better than putting them in any type of block stun.

3 hours ago, delete_me said:

At the end of the day it's pretty much irrelevant what colour your badge is as long as the system works and matches you up with people of your skill level.

I would normally agree if not because this way of doing it deludes players into thinking they are better than they are.

It encourages a Dunning-Kruger type of mentality.

I would argue that a lot of hostility on OW for example is due how the game had constant systems that deluded their playerbase into considering themselves good players, lol 

(Alongside a lot of other reasons, but it certainly didn't help.)

53 minutes ago, Daemos said:

What a turn around... Imagine what will happen when they announce a DLC season with IMPORTANT characters?

That is hardly a surprise.

It is what it happens with all games when a new one is out and people are still on the honey moon phase, which last between 1 to 3 months.

Once when MK1 and Tekken 8 rtoll out, they will be the ones having this kind of situation happening.

People are already hating on 6. I think some of it is due to how negative a lot of things are. Things play different in close proximity. Then there's the drive rush in neutral situation. This might be less of an issue if drive rush didn't eat inputs.

There's a few other things that are brand new that we'll need a year to see if they become negative additions to the game. JP's ex counter is definitely eyebrow raising as a new mechanic to the game. Also,

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

Then there's the drive rush in neutral situation. This might be less of an issue if drive rush didn't eat inputs.

Well I saw in some interview that Angrybird thinks the game is "random" with the nature of Drive Rush and it being 1 bar. 

Honestly the first time I've heard someone say that in SF6 tbh. DR is kinda crazy but I don't think I'd ever call it random. People were throwing that word out a lot for MvC3 n SFV 

26 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

A lot of people never really consider the interactions of mechanics on the game when suggesting changes (which most of the time are quite idiotic).

They see stuff in a vacuum and lack foresight.

Indeed. I'd like projectiles to do chip damage and be non-parryable, but by implementing that, you'd have to shuffle the entire board again by balancing the game around that.

E.g. in his current state, JP would be triple S tier if his psycho stuff did chip damage.

Just now, Volta said:

Indeed. I'd like projectiles to do chip damage and be non-parryable, but by implementing that, you'd have to shuffle the entire board again by balancing the game around that.

E.g. in his current state, JP would be triple S tier if his psycho stuff did chip damage.

One thing that I like is for characters to have special ways to interact with the in game systems.

Of course this can make balancing more difficult to do, but the current systems in place on SF6, I think are robust enough to allow certain degree of deviation.

Perhaps a char has a special projectile that when made EX is unparriable, or if that is too much, allows it to freeze it mid screen to mess with the parry timing for example.

55 minutes ago, elliephil said:

If they made drive rush not eat inputs for the defender, I think it would be fine how it is. I'm not sure about "random" but I'm not an epic gamer so how would I know 😃

One thing somebody suggested, and kind of hilarious that it was a well known lab monster, is that drive rush cancels have a macro. They wanted this because it's hard to do from crouching lights.

Imagine how silly that change would be as applied to the whole game?

A lot of SF6 makes sense. Even Drive Rush being one bar makes a lot of sense (although drive rush neutral is kind of ass to play against). But people gotta dig deeper at understanding some interactions planned out in the system. There's a lot of intention in a lot of the design of chars this game.

20 minutes ago, Sonero said:

One thing somebody suggested, and kind of hilarious that it was a well known lab monster, is that drive rush cancels have a macro. They wanted this because it's hard to do from crouching lights.

This sounds like something one of these new age Strive players would say LOL

@Hecatom

Honestly IDGAF. Female Seth was cool as an idea. Female body, male seth voice; Dr Girlfriend was hype AF in Venture Bros so haters could hold that. I liked FANG's look but had issues with some gameplay design decisions (and honestly it was only part of his tool kit; I may not necessarily be all in for Damage Over Time mechanics in an FG but the people saying his was weak didn't understand how out of control it could get if buffed too much).

Lily is interesting because to me, she isn't dressed in any overtly sexual way. I've seen a a decent amount of broads either with shorts just as short or close enough to it. People freaking out over her legs being exposed like that have never been to a volleyball game. But people were more than happy to  be horny for Menat and were cool with both:

cc01659c1660e94f6be509aab27b29b4.jpg?v=2

780a70431f6172240f7d5cdb26323d10.jpg?v=2

Saying Lily was pervy is such a ridiculous stretch.  Even her face is surprisingly accurate to some of the people in the region. Its w/e with people freaking out over her.