Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

7 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I can tell she's a good character. I just lack the ability to make use of her attributes. My execution is trash and that's not a good thing with Karin.

Yeah Karin is pretty execution heavy compared to the rest of the cast. It’s one of those things where if I was doing this since day 1 I’m 100% sure I could play her but I don’t really have that enthusiasm about her. She has a few things about her besides the execution I’m not a fan of so I pass on her.

What I do really like about her is how she can dump damage on you from basically any touch. She was definitely one of the standouts from my quick test yesterday. Just a bit of work and that girl hits like a gorilla. 

I was trying poison for the first time yesterday and I really like her kit. Her aesthetic really isn’t for me tho.

I was thinking about Injustice 2 earlier. I really wish I could've gotten into that game. The idea of being able to use DC characters in a fighting game has always been a great idea to me. The content is on point. I just couldn't  get into the battle system no matter how hard I tried. Sometimes I wonder how characters like Superman and Batman would be designed by Capcom or ASW.

20 minutes ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

I was thinking about Injustice 2 earlier. I really wish I could've gotten into that game. The idea of being able to use DC characters in a fighting game has always been a great idea to me. The content is on point. I just couldn't  get into the battle system no matter how hard I tried. Sometimes I wonder how characters like Superman and Batman would be designed by Capcom or ASW.

I remember going back to Injustice 2 like a year after I dropped it and frankly I was repulsed. The characters felt insanely stiff and slow. Not slow like “man this is a methodical game”, slow like “fuck I can’t move everything is so stiff...is something wrong with my controller?”. Also visually the game has not aged well at all. 

But getting to the meat, I was mixed on the actual gameplay, specifically the meter system. You build meter slow as shit in that game. The overwhelming majority of it comes from dying. Like you’re kicking their ass down to 50% and you’ve built one bar while they have 3. It gets to a point where it feels like your character is stuck with the basics while the other guy gets to play his full character. 

The rest of the game was pretty good, but that one thing turned me off. It created this feeling where you are in training mode and you’re finding things you’ll rarely be able to do in a match if it costs more than one bar. Made me feel stifled. 

2 hours ago, BornWinner said:

Even though November just started, this is the best news I’ve heard all month.

We're extending the Beta from a weekend to 2 1/2 weeks!

Btw you can see a Dev Stream on Steam, they have a V-Tuber play Guilty Gear, watched it a bit, said FGs are the most fun to play.

1 hour ago, KingTubb said:

Had me thinking about ST's weird input drops @Mattatsu

Better start double tapping. Better sound like popcorn's almost ready when you play 

That’s interesting. I didn’t realize the punch in a ST DP had to be hit so precisely. I suspect there’s still some funky polling cycle/refresh thing going on, but i’m going to try double-tapping and plinking next time i’m on and see if that increases the efficiency... while i love Chun in V, I would much rather play Ryu or Fei in ST 

Edited by Mattatsu
44 minutes ago, misterBee said:

I never plink or double tap.  Have CONFIDENCE in your inputs. 😤

I typically feel this way, but PS4’s 30A ST has a weird issue where DPs aren’t consistent. Even if you record the dummy doing a DP, and replay the recording over and over, they’ll drop the DP like 30% of the time or something. It’s really strange.  I’m going to try this and see if it helps

11 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

I typically feel this way, but PS4’s 30A ST has a weird issue where DPs aren’t consistent. Even if you record the dummy doing a DP, and replay the recording over and over, they’ll drop the DP like 30% of the time or something. It’s really strange.  I’m going to try this and see if it helps

The training mode in 30th anniversary is ass.  It's clear they threw it in at the last minute after everyone complained on twitter.  The main thing that pissed me off is the input display is fucked, the inputs appear on screen in reverse order lol.  

15 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

The training mode in 30th anniversary is ass.  It's clear they threw it in at the last minute after everyone complained on twitter.  The main thing that pissed me off is the input display is fucked, the inputs appear on screen in reverse order lol.  

You think it’s just a training mode thing and not an in-game thing? That’s interesting, i’m also going to have to try versus and see if i can spot a difference

edit: tried plinking in training first and the dummy does the DP every single time. I’ve never seen this before in all of my testing.... turns out the issue was me 🤦‍♂️

Edited by Mattatsu
Just now, HeavensCloud said:

I always find it amazing how fast some people can pick up new games. Was watching LI Joe stream GG +r and his day one Eddie was murdering people.    Justin Wong also seems hella fast at picking up games.  Fuudo as well.   

Daigo apparently is a slow learner.  Makes me feel a bit better.  

Wong is hella fast at picking up games because of his fundamentals.

I wonder if Daigo will give +R a spin, iirc, he used to play GG.

Just now, Volt said:

Wong is hella fast at picking up games because of his fundamentals.

I wonder if Daigo will give +R a spin, iirc, he used to play GG.

I think he did play +R at some point it was in an FGC translated video.  He praised the mechanics saying he liked the fact that moving forward builds tension meter.  

I doubt he'll play it though.  Him and Tokido seem to only play SFV these days.  

3 minutes ago, Pair of Rooks said:

Is there a way to make SFV on PC stop throwing all these popups in my face every time I login about some mode's prizes?  Or Steam's popups either for that matter?

I'm pretty sure they happen on PS4 too. Unless you're not connected to the internet.

As for the Steam ones, you mean like friend activity and the like? Should be on Steam's settings.

13 minutes ago, Pair of Rooks said:

Is there a way to make SFV on PC stop throwing all these popups in my face every time I login about some mode's prizes?  Or Steam's popups either for that matter?

Are you talking the notifications that let you know which fight money challenges are available?

Edited by Darc_Requiem