Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

Just now, Mr.Cipher said:

I dunno, ask the Fatal Fury Games.

RealBout had some pseudo 3d plane.

I'm not sure if there was anything else but as I remember the one that had exact 2D with ringout was VF2 on megadrive/genesis but it's not played like SF fighter

Edited by Shakunetsu
2 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

Last time I ask about endless stage and overall it's not a good idea.

If a 2D fighter would have a stage ring out

What could be the pros and cons?

Thanks

Imagine a 2D fighter where you lose instantly when you get pushed to the corner.

So no change really... 

More seriously, ring outs are pretty contentious already in 3D game. In 2D game piling on instant death to movement away from the center of the stage seems like it punishes/rewards very specific Positioning in an inflated, artificial way. There are lots of reason to move in different ways, and the unatural weighting of ring outs I thing would greatly restrict decision making.

1 hour ago, Vhozite said:

GG Strive has left the chat

Jokes aside. Strive has an interesting idea in forcing you to choose damage or oki. It’s a more pronounced Version of what already exists.

That said, the execution seems heavy handed to me. I haven’t played it and so will reserve judgement (I’m not getting a PS5 until the digital version is available).

5 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

Last time I ask about endless stage and overall it's not a good idea.

If a 2D fighter would have a stage ring out

What could be the pros and cons?

Thanks

This has already been done in the Real Bout Fatal Fury games:

It worked fine I think -- made it dangerous to be in the corner all the time.

This game pisses me off so much man. I feel like every single fucking Silver league player has been playing their character for years. It's such a frustrating expirience trying to learn this game when the matchmaking just puts you up against these tryhards who clearly have more expirience. 

Doesn't help that everyone is on wifi, nobody skips the intro and nobody skips their win animations. Absolute scum of the earth. 

32 minutes ago, M A R T I A N said:

This game pisses me off so much man. I feel like every single fucking Silver league player has been playing their character for years. It's such a frustrating expirience trying to learn this game when the matchmaking just puts you up against these tryhards who clearly have more expirience. 

Doesn't help that everyone is on wifi, nobody skips the intro and nobody skips their win animations. Absolute scum of the earth. 

How do you struggle in Silver? Not being disparaging, genuinely asking. At that level, all you need to do is AA consistently and know a few basic combos to get to Gold.

Just now, Volta said:

How do you struggle in Silver? Not being disparaging, genuinely asking. At that level, all you need to do is AA consistently and know a few basic combos to get to Gold.

Obviously that's not enough because literally all I'm doing is waiting for people to jump at me so I can AA them. I do it to a fault almost. 

Maybe I just need more braindead oki setups. I feel like I get knocked down one fucking time with Gill and the whole match is over. Defense feels so fucking jilted in this game. Anti airs suck dick, some V-Reversals are literally useless, DP's aren't actual DP's without meter... . I've never played a Street Fighter game where you have to be so fucking scared of dudes jumping in on you. 

I mean, have you tried getting out of Silver? You probably wouldn't be confused if so. 

39 minutes ago, M A R T I A N said:

Can’t you skip that stuff yourself? 

Also if you want some advice you can try posting replays. People very well may have been playing their characters for years but if they are stuck in silver (or really any rank if you think about it) they have a fundamental flaw that can be exploited. 

6 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Can’t you skip that stuff yourself? 

Also if you want some advice you can try posting replays. People very well may have been playing their characters for years but if they are stuck in silver (or really any rank if you think about it) they have a fundamental flaw that can be exploited. 

Dude, the netcode barometer is fucking useless lol. You can't judge connections by that thing at all. It'll say 5 bars and then as soon as you ready up it'll drop to 2.

I can try uploading some replays today. Maybe you guys can see something I'm missing.