Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

1 hour ago, Jocelot said:

It's weird, whenever I see the Yakuza series getting mentioned its all the goofy and comical stuff, so I was expecting Scrubs: Japanese Mobster edition when I finally decided to pick it up.

After playing it for a few hours it's actually suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper intense. It's like a high octane crime drama TV show. Kiryu is also a very cool protagonist and I kinda vibe with the dude. Seems like a pretty cool game so far, I'm enjoying it

Unfortunately Kiwami 1 &2 are way worse than 0.

Edited by FlyingVe
11 minutes ago, FlyingVe said:

Unfortunatl;y Kiwami 1 &2 ate way worse than 0.

Unfortunately that's because Kiwami 1 & 2 are PS2 games with a fresh coat of paint.

Their stories are still decent but they're not at the same level as Yakuza 0.  Once you get to Yakuza 3/4/5/6 the story jumps up in quality again by a lot.

I'd still recommend Kiwami 1 & 2 even if it's just so that you can understand the later games.

I can't wait for Yakuza 7... 🤤

1 hour ago, misterBee said:

I can't wait for Yakuza 7... 🤤

Only a few more weeks.

I'm hype for Yakuza 7. I know its a controversial opinion among Yakuza fans but...I never thought any of the games played very well, so I welcome the Turn-Based battles. Also hype to have a game not all about Kiryu for once (I like Kiryu, but am up fro something different).

10 minutes ago, Jocelot said:

Well I don't know what those are so I guess it all works out 👍

They are the next 2 in sequence. Like @misterBeesaid, they are in effect remade/remastered PS2 games, and it shows. Its a pace killer after playing Yakuza 0.

I started with 0 (Gamepass gave me free Yakuza), and loved it, but getting through Kiwami 1 & 2 was kind of a slog (though not outright bad). The series gets alot better again once you get to the PS3 games, though 0 is still my favorite so far.

Also, my advice, don't play them back to back. The gameplay is repetitive enough already, marathoning them will burn you out fast.

I've played yakuza 0,6, Kiwami 1 and currently slogging through Kiwami 2.  I guess say 0 spoiled me, and I expected every one to be like that.

But I'm glad to hear they get better after 3. 

I thought about getting 3,4,5 I'm pretty sure there's some kind of bundle. Who knows maybe I'll just jump to 7.

23 minutes ago, Illwill88 said:

I've played yakuza 0,6, Kiwami 1 and currently slogging through Kiwami 2.  I guess say 0 spoiled me, and I expected every one to be like that.

But I'm glad to hear they get better after 3. 

I thought about getting 3,4,5 I'm pretty sure there's some kind of bundle. Who knows maybe I'll just jump to 7.

For a long time the only way to play 3/4/5 in English were the censored PS3 releases.

Now there's the Yakuza Remastered Collection, which contains those 3 games on PS4, uncensored and at 1080p/60fps.

18 hours ago, Jocelot said:

It's weird, whenever I see the Yakuza series getting mentioned its all the goofy and comical stuff, so I was expecting Scrubs: Japanese Mobster edition when I finally decided to pick it up.

After playing it for a few hours it's actually suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper intense. It's like a high octane crime drama TV show. Kiryu is also a very cool protagonist and I kinda vibe with the dude. Seems like a pretty cool game so far, I'm enjoying it

See that is the thing. 
The Yakuza series is excellent when it comes to managing tonality from a multiple angles. 

While there are plenty of comical moments that even goes as far as to make fun of its own Japanese culture (and even the character themselves) the series does have an overarching main idea: Retribution and Humanity. You will see both of those aspects brought into further context as you play the game. 

Also... for Street Fighter... 

51 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Is that art from like a manga or something? 

Does Street Fighter even have reading material like that?

It is just artwork drawn by Murata, the same artist who drew One Punch Man. 

His particular artstyle is rather distinctive and he apparently likes the Street Fighter series based on some of his favoritisms. 

@KingTubb, remember when you said the Doom DLC is out and i wouldnt be up for fighting games until Christmas? Got any plans on December 26th? 🤣

This shit has hooked me in again, the game is too good, but i’ll definitely play fighting games. Just tag me, and if you see me playing Doom while you’re online, message me on PS4, because i don't really check the forum while I’m blasting demons.

Edited by Mattatsu

I find kind of fascinating how new gamers seem to think inputs are some sort of barrier that are super difficult to pass, meanwhile my sister that has not played many vgs in at least 20 years has started playing fgs again every saturday that comes to visit my mother with her sons, she was playing SFHDR, KI and GBFVS yesterday, and while she struggled a little for a while, she then started doing them fine most of the time.

I think the only one that kept giving her problems was the 623 on the 1p side

10 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

but i’ll definitely play fighting games

Word. I'd really like to beat RE7 by Halloween, and it's about 10 hours, so I doubt that I'll play anything this week. Still need to get my BnBs down in MK anyways. But I might hit you up. At the very least, if I get horror'd out, a few games of 3S or something might be a good pallet cleanser. 

Then again, it is spooky season, so we could try the horror that is Tekken 7 online again🤔

Edited by KingTubb
8 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

@KingTubb, remember when you said the Doom DLC is out and i wouldnt be up for fighting games until Christmas? Got any plans on December 26th? 🤣

This shit has hooked me in again, the game is too good, but i’ll definitely play fighting games. Just tag me, and if you see me playing Doom while you’re online, message me on PS4, because i don't really check the forum while I’m blasting demons.

God bless!