Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

5 minutes ago, Sonero said:

We could try it anyways

Bad idea today as I have work to catch up on.  Might be able to get some time tomorrow though and actually run an ethernet cord.

As far as the game feeling weird, the biggest difference for me is that a lot of the combo timing is a little fiddly.  Helps me not to try to play any character in this I use in other SF games.

Edited by Reticently
22 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

So it seems chrisg is going back to MK11.

Lol quote at the end is so relatable. 

Lowkey this is why I don’t play much her anymore. The first 100 times you steal games like this its fun, but after a while it felt like I was doing the same shit over and over. It’s nice being able to win like that but it’s also not satisfying to me after a while.

That said, I don’t feel bad for Rog at all with his corner to corner VT nonsense. 

Labbing Kage earlier and I really like the idea behind his VT1. Not that I dislike VT2, but 1 feels a little bit deeper and imo more exciting. 

The enhanced VS’s are really fun to play with. They look cool and you can cancel into them from non cancelable buttons. That combined with the teleport cancels let him do cool swag combos. Tele’s themselves aren’t great in neutral, but they do allow a few things than canceling from DP on block (still hella unsafe) and cancels from red fireballs can occasionally set you up to get in at plus frames.

The only thing I don’t like about it is that the VTC are all pretty shit. 

35 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Labbing Kage earlier and I really like the idea behind his VT1. Not that I dislike VT2, but 1 feels a little bit deeper and imo more exciting. 

The enhanced VS’s are really fun to play with. They look cool and you can cancel into them from non cancelable buttons. That combined with the teleport cancels let him do cool swag combos. Tele’s themselves aren’t great in neutral, but they do allow a few things than canceling from DP on block (still hella unsafe) and cancels from red fireballs can occasionally set you up to get in at plus frames.

The only thing I don’t like about it is that the VTC are all pretty shit. 

SFV

Swag

Pick one, both things cannot stand in the same sentence unless a "has not" or "doesn't exist in" stand between them.

1 minute ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I agree on the Alpha face, but the SF2/SF3 faces look fine to me. Prefer the 3S face, it has less makeup.

Nah, for me all the faces look off.

Then add that it reminds me of a bitch i know which makes it look less like a chinese woman and more like some random latina cosplayer, lol

1 hour ago, Volt said:

I thought it was Cammy VT2-tier.

How does it work again?

It’s funny you mention that VT because it actually works really similar to that. You pop it and he does a special dash from which he has two follow-ups and a stop. You get 3 dashes (activation and enough bar/frames for 2 more uses).

Kick follow-up is combo fodder, and the P follow-up is slow as shit combo fodder but also + on block. Stop is mostly for combos and pressure. 

Edit: P follow-up also OTGs off CC sweep

What I like about it:

Spoiler

* Much easier access to combos into medium tragedy assault. Without this VT the only way to combo into it is to cancel into it from s.hp on net a CC, but this VT he can get to it from any button strength. 

* He can cancel into the dash from booms. It’s not a strong as Akuma’s old red fireball VTC (because he isn’t Akuma lol), but it definitely seems like he can do something with it. He can side switch with the P follow-up so even a basic left/right seems possible. Gotta lab it.

* Corner carry. Even the most basic VT2 combo carries half screen, and you can dump for more.

Edit: I’ve already found 1 corner to corner combo lol 

* Damage potential. For example in a perfect scenario you can get multiple 400 damage jump ins for no super meter. He can also still cash out for over 500. 

* Resets. He gets them in this VT. This point also doubles as a reason to pick VS1 for something other than absorbing fireballs.

In certain matchups teleport is still preferred because it’s existence takes options off the table the instant it’s stocked, but Stealth Dash gives a few more options on a character who is rarely getting more than one VT a round. 

Edited by Vhozite

One thing I really do not like about SFV is how the camera tracks on some of the aerial stuff. It goes so high sometimes that you can’t even see what a character is doing on the ground. 

I’m messing around with Nash VT2 and there are points where he is barely on the screen, and you can create points where he is literally not on the screen at all for a few frames. 

Edited by Vhozite

@Voltthid is probably old news, but Ryu can actually get double EX donkey kick combos if he’s cornered. The range is pretty strict (he has to be damn near on the wall) , the second EX DK on juggles to EX/VT DP, and frankly it seems pretty pointless, but it’s real big dick energy. 

It’s whatever xx EX.DK, b.hk (1-hit) xx EX.DK, EX.DP

Also Nash VT2 is fun to lab. Highest damage I could get was 562, and the highest stun was 711

Edited by Vhozite
5 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

@Voltthid is probably old news, but Ryu can actually get double EX donkey kick combos if he’s cornered. The range is pretty strict (he has to be damn near on the wall) , the second EX DK on juggles to EX/VT DP, and frankly it seems pretty pointless, but it’s real big dick energy. 

It's high key sad how little damage EX DK does. And how EX Tatsu doesn't get all hits on juggles. But yeah, everything else about EX DK got big dick energy.

Ryu's moves in general are super satisfying to land. Landing CC St. HP always gets me like:

Damn.gif

8 hours ago, Volt said:

Ryu's moves in general are super satisfying to land.

Yeah Ryu has a couple of those satisfying attacks. My favorite thing about him is probably Denjin fireballs tho. They’re fast as shit, knockdown, and have that cool electric VFX. It’s probably one of my favorite special moves in the game.

Wish he had some way to setup more unblockables tho. 

Edited by Vhozite
1 hour ago, Sonero said:

Ah yes, Araki is the best Japanese 3rd Strike stream... because they speak English. He's great to talk to, as well as Dusty and everyone else. Dusty specifically has an extremely dangerous Yang that I'd like to fight offline someday, but he's helped me a lot in learning the matchup.

36 minutes ago, GreatDarkHero said:

And, Yakuza 0 is a real man's game. 

It's weird, whenever I see the Yakuza series getting mentioned its all the goofy and comical stuff, so I was expecting Scrubs: Japanese Mobster edition when I finally decided to pick it up.

After playing it for a few hours it's actually suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper intense. It's like a high octane crime drama TV show. Kiryu is also a very cool protagonist and I kinda vibe with the dude. Seems like a pretty cool game so far, I'm enjoying it