Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

Fun Nash things: I know I always whine about excessive corner carry in SFV but Nash can actually comer to corner carry with VT2 + 1 EX. Gets oki from it too. 

Stealth Dash is fun because it let’s him do SFV things, just with a bit more opportunity cost ig. 

Edit: I should also use EX Tragedy Assault more. Like half stage corner carry, oki, and a bit of life steal that combos from a jab. Definitely not a bad move but I often need my meter for other stuff 😕

Edited by Vhozite
29 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Fun Nash things: I know I always whine about excessive corner carry in SFV but Nash can actually comer to corner carry with VT2 + 1 EX. Gets oki from it too. 

Stealth Dash is fun befit let’s him do SFV things, just with a bit more opportunity cost ig. 

It reminds me of Lucia VT2 (the one I use). It gives a free launch/buffer, even of normally non-cancelable moves. This seems good until you see what better VTs can do.

It’s extra annoying on Lucia as her confirms are not good.

Edited by FlyingVe
7 minutes ago, Flackaveli said:

The SF Dev team gotta give us DLC before the new year right?? 

when the hell does Season 5 actually start?? 

I’m pretty sure Dan was said to be released in december, as well as a balance patch and some new system mechanic or something that hasn't been mentioned yet.

Dec 21st rings a bell, but i’m also starting my vacation that day so idk

“Capcom is looking for a fighting game production battle planner who has ‘experience in participating in fighting game competitions and having achieved excellent results’ "

@EvilCanadian  posted this on Twitter, saying SF6 has been in development for a while (which i believe is speculative, but probably true since S5 wasn't in the cards), so it’s odd they’d be looking for this now. He mentioned that maybe it’s for a new VS game, though maybe without Marvel.

Thoughts?

I’m hoping they’ve already got one lined up for SF6, but you never know. Ono just “resigned” not too long ago, so they may be starting fresh.

i like that they’re looking for a top competitive player though, but I’m not sure who’d make a good battle planner.

Edited by Mattatsu

I have zero faith in Capcom working on anything not SF5 S5 or SF6. SF5 worked out financially due to its long tail but MH/RE are what keep Capcom's lights on now so all actual resources are going to go to those teams. At this point I'd assume they are just trying to shore things up so that SF5's final season plugs along, and that SF6 come out in a better state than SF5 did.

I'd absolutely love to be wrong, and I'd love to be even more wrong and see the impossible dream of a good, new Vs game come out. But I feel like Capcom is going into FG maintenance mode for the foreseeable future. 

Also @FlyingVe: got KI set up yesterday. Mercifully easy to get up and running, especially once I realized the hitbox had a PC switch. And so far as I can tell I have everything. I have absolutely lost whatever muscle memory I had with this game, though my time with SF5 did help me hit manuals more easily. 🙂

22 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

Ono just “resigned” not too long ago, so they may be starting fresh.

I've heard rumors the guy was pushed out and is difficult to work with. Also, that he had a chunk of SF6 already made under his watch and it sucked, which was a big reason they asked him to leave. 

This is all hearsay tho. 

5 minutes ago, GetTheTables said:

I have zero faith in Capcom working on anything not SF5 S5 or SF6

Jack Black Yes GIF

Yup. If they have any other fight game related stuff, it'll be more cards for teppen or some other mobile release. It would be cool if they started added rollback to old games like ASW and SNK is doing, but I get the feeling that they aren't looking to use any of their fighter IPs for an actual fighting game for a looooong time. Probably will depend on how well SF6 does, and maybe even how well Strive does with Rollback 

4 minutes ago, Volta said:

He may have a side to him that we, as the public, never see.

Ono is definitely a lowkey savage. But he also had to fight Capcom Tooth and Nail on a lot of stuff. Its hard to tell in that situation.

Similar to the Seth Killian stuff. You could tell in his interviews that there were a lot of things he disagreed with but still had to defend.

1 hour ago, Flackaveli said:

when the hell does Season 5 actually start?? 

You're getting Dan for christmas.

10 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Xrd uses a heavly modified Unreal Engine 3 as far as I'm aware.

A lot also comes down to the Artsytle and well, actually putting time and effort into making those.

Yeah, I forgot the actual engine name, that's why I said it like that.

At any rate, it's more about the techniques used to achieve that artstyle. Thing is incredibly well-optimized.

8 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Oh...it was actually worse than that. Even Doctrine_Dark was ready to riot.

It was two weeks of hella people being outed as either rapists or people of questionable behaviors and then....Dan.

Thanks capcom.

You know there is one way to make the Dan thing less garbage.

Make him free. It’s fine that Dan is included as a joke, but don’t charge people for it, and don’t present him as taking a legit spot on the roster.

Edited by FlyingVe
10 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

A bunch of dorks draw pictures of him for twitter to feed the geese to? 

A character everyone loves/requests/pretends to play, but no one actually does touch this character.

Cause to hard/bad.

Most "Baiken" player, played the game for 2 hours and have her as favorite character, cause "hahaha giant tits, me like giant tits!". Always have a Nivea bottle ready and a Fap Folder with her name on it.

Just now, Volta said:

I see no speculation about the final character at all, does anyone still care at this point? SFV is seriously overstaying its welcome.

I've been really curious, but sadly we have nothing to go on. People think the character will be male due to the number of costumes. Some people think it'll be a crossover character (I hope not), me? I just think they weren't ready to show off whoever at the time, though, maybe it's a super secret, final boss? I have no idea what to expect due to the silence overall.

2 minutes ago, Volta said:

I see no speculation about the final character at all, does anyone still care at this point? SFV is seriously overstaying its welcome.

Also, there are already too many characters.

obviously that could change when I see them in action, but now it’s hard to get hype over more food when you are stuffed to bursting.

2 minutes ago, Reticently said:

Just noticed that Steam is running a Fighting Game sale, and the splash page actually has a break-out section just to highlight games with rollback netcode:

spacer.png

It's nothing short of a travesty that MK11 is the only modern, big budget fighting game with rollback netcode (yes, I omitted SFV on purpose).

1 minute ago, Volta said:

It's nothing short of a travesty that MK11 is the only modern, big budget fighting game with rollback netcode (yes, I omitted SFV on purpose).

The breakout section pans horizontally when you hit those arrows at the sides;  Tekken 7 is in there for 9.99.

Yeah, I don't love playing the 3D titles either, but credit where it is due.