Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

Just now, Darc_Requiem said:

Bruh that's how arcades work. If you win you can stretch that 75 cents out, you lose it's back of the line to wait for your next chance to play.

I know you pay to play in arcades. I also know that it's dumb to charge 75c for a game that should take 25c max, if not set to free play. It's cringe. I do understand your point though.

8 hours ago, Volt said:

Hol up, you might be onto something here.

How much V-Gauge you get off the first two Tandem Succs?

Idk but I’m pretty sure it’s not a lot. Tanden Engine does literally 10 damage if you don’t do the followup, so it’s probably miniscule.

8 hour edit: yeah succ alone builds shit meter. Two of them in one combo is like 20-25% of one bar

Edited by Vhozite
5 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

25 cents was for the games that were on their way out that no one played. 

But we had tons bootleg cabinet and cabinet here.  and the cost per play in the late 90s was like 1 peso or 0.021 cents in USD but in the mid 90s it was like 0.060 cents. 

Here too Arcades were the cheapest and accessible entertainment than console because they were expensive, You can see 2 to 3 cabs in neighbor backyard or a store across streets also, they don't owned the business is like those in vending machines that the owner has a commission depending on the contract it's like 50% - 70% of the coins on the cab.  That's in manila in mid to late  90s I don't know with the provinces.

if a kid here has snes or mega drive they are already above average in a 3rd world country here, because they were expensive. However the exception would be famicom that is very cheap here along with it's bootleg.

The latest cabs are one commonly seen on grocery, malls, gasoline station, billiards and nearby schools, in the early 90s most of the good players were on the nearby school arcades not in malls and groceries, That change with the PSx era when everyone is going for the console started to experience RPG and in PC for Lan base games like counterstrike and starcraft. And things were not organized until FB became popular.

Most of those that belong on my era are not playing anymore or doesn't care about SF anymore i'm very near 40s. Arcades died here late like early 2ks when there fewer technician that knows real maintenance and been replace by mame emulators not real pcb. I wished I have bought them cheap when I can before the retro gaming hype started here.

Holy shit I didn’t even realize Nash’s cr.mk got an extra active frame, no wonder I was hitting it so much more. 3 active frames on a non-light low is pretty rare. Gotta see if there is any good meaty setups to make it hit on that last frame...it would be +6 oH and finally safe on block at -2 instead of the usual -4.

Speaking of, I wouldn’t be surprised if Ken could heavy DP his cr.mk on block 

Rereading the patch notes and honestly I’m really curious about Capcom decides what to change and when. Like reading Abi’s patch notes they mention his model not matching his hurtbox like they just discovered this issue lol. This was a day 1 complaint about him when released 4 years ago...why suddenly fix it now? 

The timeline for some of these changes seems so arbitrary, especially for the stuff that’s small or obvious to anyone who has used the character for an hour in training mode. 

1 hour ago, Vhozite said:

This was a day 1 complaint about him when released 4 years ago...why suddenly fix it now? 

Apology nerfs.

Same thing with Menat's orbed normals. It might as well say "we know we made this wrong, we just didn't want to admit we did.  They could've retooled Nash earlier. Fix his walkspeed and arrange life around it and GGs.

Instead they were stubborn about it and we got what we got.

8 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Apology nerfs.

Same thing with Menat's orbed normals. It might as well say "we know we made this wrong, we just didn't want to admit we did.  They could've retooled Nash earlier. Fix his walkspeed and arrange life around it and GGs.

Instead they were stubborn about it and we got what we got.

> Make a boom chucking character.

> Give it MK Scythe.

> Abysmal walkspeed.

> Solid VR.

"This character is intended to be an offensive character."

Only Capcom can come up with this kind of stuff. 🤣

14 hours ago, Vhozite said:

Seth's new Tanden Engine is soooo satisfying to use in combos even if it completely kills damage via scaling.

Completely pointless and gratuitous triple VS1 combo

https://imgur.com/a/1T0Dk7C

I love how they made it a combo extension again like in SFIV. Now there's a second combo route after landing his target combo. Not sure if it's better than EX Spin Kick but at least there's something else to do with that guy/gal/thing.

Edit: I see VF came up some posts ago. I'm okay with them being cautious about bringing it back and basically re-releasing VF5: FS, but I wish they'd upgrade the visuals a bit. Going by that tweet it look like the character models are basically untouched, which is a shame.

Edited by delete_me
2 hours ago, Sonero said:

fix his walkspeed

Absolutely not...I am always vehemently against this suggestion every time it’s mentioned.Nash’s walkspeed is not the issue, it’s that a lot of his moves meant to supplement his low mobility absolutely suck.

Look at Bison...nobody is saying he needs faster walkspeed even though he has the slowest walk(?) in the game and a slow forward dash. That’s because he has a great mix of advancing attacks and ranged options that allow him to compete with faster characters. Everything about the character works around his poor walkspeed.

Another one is Sagat. Slow walk, slow dash, but he has his various Tiger Knees and the ability to kara-cancel into specials to help him move a bit. He also has access to fireballs that knockdown, which lets him buy time to reposition when some eats an EX fireball. 

Nash has good range on his moves, but his advancing options pale in comparison. Moonsault is a candidate for worst special move in the game, bazooka knee and backfist are both minus on block AND HIT without CH, etc. Sobat is good now, but that’s like one exception in a group of mediocre to bad options. 

Making Nash faster just moves him even further into “Guile but worse” territory. 

4 hours ago, Vhozite said:

Damn it’s Saturday where y’all at 

My bad fam. I got certain game i wasn't planning on buying on the cheap. So i started playing that after watching the Red Bull Kumite. If you are still up I can log on and play some games. Hopefully CFN isn't trash today.

12 hours ago, BornWinner said:

Clearly too shook about the solo spirit bomb combo that didn’t even use level 3 spirit bomb special. Or maybe he was scared of getting hit by Goku’s shoulder to superdash up there.

Shoulder doesn't hit that low. Man was just confused as hell.

My PS4 controller is randomly registering down-back inputs. So on P1 side it's straight up luck whether I block a jump-in or overhead whereas on P2 side I randomly whiff DPs from fullscreen when trying to throw fireballs or, worse, right in the opponent's face when I try to end a blockstring with one. Not to mention that it occasionally look like I'm teabagging at 200 inputs per second when moving to the left.

The solution to this is of course just buying a new one but I hate rewarding Sony for just having the shittiest build quality for everything about PS4.

5 minutes ago, delete_me said:

My PS4 controller is randomly registering down-back inputs. So on P1 side it's straight up luck whether I block a jump-in or overhead whereas on P2 side I randomly whiff DPs from fullscreen when trying to throw fireballs or, worse, right in the opponent's face when I try to end a blockstring with one. Not to mention that it occasionally look like I'm teabagging at 200 inputs per second when moving to the left.

The solution to this is of course just buying a new one but I hate rewarding Sony for just having the shittiest build quality for everything about PS4.

Guess I dodged a bullet for not ponying up for a Dualshock 4.

Fuck everyone who recommended that shit to me btw.

Forgot to mention it's my second one already and I only have a PS4 since 2016. Meanwhile I bought my Xbox One in 2014 and am still using the same pad.

Edit: I guess I could try switching both sticks? I have zero knowledge about these thing though and pretty sure not even the right screwdriver to get it open.

Edited by delete_me