Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

Sad they took away Dan's infinite BUT the way they buffed it with the random ex fireball is pretty clever.  Like how he goes, "NANI?" when it comes out lol.

Capcom has literally buffed Cody's VT1 every patch like someday players will pick over it over VT2.   Note to Capcom, slightly extending the range of his normals and giving him a plus on block special does not equal access to a command grab, one of the best projectiles in the game, the ability to reflect projectiles, plus crazy advantageous knockdown setups and corner/midscreen damage buffs.

57 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

Sad they took away Dan's infinite BUT the way they buffed it with the random ex fireball is pretty clever.  Like how he goes, "NANI?" when it comes out lol.

Capcom has literally buffed Cody's VT1 every patch like someday players will pick over it over VT2.   Note to Capcom, slightly extending the range of his normals and giving him a plus on block special does not equal access to a command grab, one of the best projectiles in the game, the ability to reflect projectiles, plus crazy advantageous knockdown setups and corner/midscreen damage buffs.

At least they tried with Cody VT1. Kolin VT1 and Juri VT2 wish they got that amount of effort.

3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

At least they tried with Cody VT1. Kolin VT1 and Juri VT2 wish they got that amount of effort.

Yeah, they're going to have to do something much more drastic to get players to pick it though.  Or if they nerf VT2 by making it 3 bars but that might kill the character.  

Edited by HeavensCloud
3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

A lot of characters have this issue. One VT is “glorified special move” while the other is “everything and the kitchen sink”. The most egregious example is Chun-Li:

Kikosho (3 bars):

* new special move

* a couple cute juggles 

VS

Reinkiko (2 bars)

* Extra damage on all normals 

* new links

* extra damage on almost all specials

* Full screen Kikokens 

* new juggles (including AA juggle ls)

* overhead link

* more grey hp damage

Capcom does not even try to balance the triggers. It’s almost always an obviously good one and a bad one that gets token buffs every patch. 

Between SFV and MK11 I’m kinda done with this character variation shit. Always seems like the devs completely phone it in for 99% of characters.

2 hours ago, JustBrowsing said:

I've finally fixed up my PC for gaming again, bought CE - does anybody know if the mod for reducing load time still works? Last I heard Capcom were reportedly getting sniffy about mods and such, and have seen a few posts on Steam about if it does/doesn't work.

Fuck CE. Get +R and Strive so we can run some sets. 👀

2 hours ago, Serpent said:

There's a way to reduce load time in this game? The load times are insane. Probably the most annoying thing about this game.

Which platform? Honesty, outside of the initial start, it's fine on PC. Only issue I run into is when I play PS4 players, particularly standard PS4 players. PS5 is okay, PS4 Pro is so so, regular PS4 is slower than a Geo Metro. Matches with them take forever to begin. Even in Battle Lounge, they can't ready up right away. Counter will get down to like 2 seconds. 

2 hours ago, JustBrowsing said:

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R on Steam, just to be 100% sure?  Up for it. Think Strive will be a PS4 game for me for the time being, mind. Presently abusing my Game Pass trial, holy shit!

Correct.

Metal Slug stage is hype, Ralf got shafted in that trailer, barely got to show anything and his super was mostly hidden by the corner lmao.

So with Kens' increased h.DP range he should be able to punish Rose's st.HP without meter at every range on block... (?)

I have to test it but I feel like spacing that correctly will be a nightmare now, you basically have to pick a spot where st.HP into fireball is a blockstring while making sure it's still far enough away so fireball isn't unsafe.

6 hours ago, delete_me said:

So with Kens' increased h.DP range he should be able to punish Rose's st.HP without meter at every range on block... (?)

Ok, so I tried this and it's not technically true. There are exactly two spots where it's safe if you cancel into light fireball: right at the very end of the range where it's still a blockstring and just a couple of pixels further away where it's a frame trap and the fireball hits him on the startup of DP.

But good luck getting that range every time right. So unless you're playing a Top 10 Pro Rose and you're Ken, just mash the hell out of h.DP whenever you block her st.HP.

Oh, and do it as well after blocking f.MK, that one's punishable from every range.

Edit: Unrelated but the Falke matchup is so beyond stupid for Rose. You could remove the kick buttons from the Falke player's pad/stick and it would still be in her favor. 

Edited by delete_me

These Nash buffs are pretty cool 😄

He gets dash oki off H.TA, and it leads to meaty s.lk, which lets him link a jab (read: Target Combo) instead of being limited to s.lk. The animation looks kinda jank but that’s a nitpick. 

But then again s.lk is much better now...it’s basically a real 3f. He can hit confirm it into a knockdown/ok damage without meter now. Seems worth it to start mashing this instead of jab, but muscle memory is fighting me hard. It’s also great that his 3f target combo also combos into VS now...it gives you another reason to use it in non-fireball matchups since comboing into it is now much more reliable. 

The boy also finally has a real low you have to respect. His cr.mk is still slow and leads to fuck all without VT, but it has good range and now he actually gets frame advantage for landing it so he can keep doing Nash things. He can even get a CH confirm into EX.Scythe if it hits deep and you can kara cancel into it for even more range, but that’s beyond my capability lol.

Sobat into VT is pretty cool too. Doesn’t seem confirmable but it’s still a button with good range that hops over lows, so a potential VT conversion is welcome. 

TLDR: New s.lk is great. Nash finally has a cr.mk

Edit: Ken’s new CC on s.hk is much better now. You can dash into DP or L.Tatsu>DP if you are a bit closer. I can’t tell the difference on his DP but these two buffs are massive for QoL

Edit: Kolin VT1 buff is neat but I have no idea what I’m doing with it lol. I know it’s still not as good as VT2 but I’m hoping it’s good enough for me to not feel like shit for picking it.

Edit: Nah idk about this VT lol. She doesn’t get any juggles worth a off it. Slide just seems like it’s for pressure, though I’m not sure I’d rather have that than just hit confirm into the VT. Maybe an actual Kolin player can enlighten me.

Edited by Vhozite
5 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

I’ve been meaning to try Ken a bit. I always wanted to give him an honest try, but he didn’t have enough conversions I liked.

Is VS1+VT1 still the best options for him?

Personally I always pick VS2 since it can hop over things and act as a pressure tool if you fully charge it and the other person is sleeping. Also has the same/similar enough conversions as VS1. The main reason to use run before was that it let him convert off CC s.hk mid screen, but since that isn’t an issue anymore I don’t see why you would use it now. 

For VT’s you always want Shinryuken against plasma heavy characters. Outside of that it’s mostly preference, though I personally think Shinryuken is slightly better, especially if you have the reactions or have your confirms down. VT1 has the better VTC, the knockdown hados, and the flashy combos, so if that’s important to you go with that. 

Regarding Kolins VT1, so far the only thing I’ve found worth mentioning is that she can do a good amount of true blockstring chip into CA utilizing the slide. Hard to get an exact number but eyeballing it I’d say it’s around 200ish. 

Virtua Fighter x eSports Official Announcement live stream set for May 27

Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown reveal imminent.

VF-eSports_05-20-21.jpg

Sega will host the Virtua Fighter x eSports Project Official Announcement live stream on May 27 at 20:00 JST on the newly launched Virtua Fighter YouTube channel, the company announced.

A teaser website counting down to the announcement was also launched.

Despite being not yet officially announced, the Virtua Fighter x eSports Project was previously leaked to be Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown for PlayStation 4. In Japan, it is simply titled Virtua Fighter eSports.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcIZewZMOR43xxTprXUziwQ

https://www.virtuafighter.jp/