Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

14 minutes ago, GetTheTables said:

@MattatsuIf you want to try to line some games up I can hop back on for a bit.

USA East Park 63?

edit: damn, it filled up quick. All these lobbies are packed. Let me know when you’re on.

I already can’t wait until private rooms are available, but the lobby “looks” better

Edited by Mattatsu
5 hours ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Big words coming from someone with a Strider Avatar

Ain't no contradiction having a VG character here. Strider was a successful videogame franchise in 'Murica long before anyone ever heard of Japanimation or it's ghetto-comicbook equivalent.  We called it a shoot-em-up on foot, and it had the bad boxart MegaMan art style throughout the 80s. 

9 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

GGs @GetTheTables! You’re very good with Ram.

this game is super fun. I can tell I’ going to like this a lot

GGs man, fun as always. Considering I had an hour of warm up matches and you came in totally cold you did well. There is always this awkward "newborn deer taking its first steps" period in a game when you aren't super familiar with your character's buttons and stuff like that. 

That match up seems like the classic mauler vs keepaway. If you get in, I explode. If I keep you out, I live. Helps that Ram can go on the offense. Match ups like that are really uphill at first because it is all about conversions and pressure, and when you don't have that queued up it gives the opponent a lot more opportunities to find a way to survive. For instance your cross up mix ups hit with a fairly high %, but you don't have the muscle memory yet to convert those into combos so I get to live. Once those are translating into combos into KD into pressure, rough times for me. I'm on the opposite side of that playing HoS in +R so I feel the pain.

And yeah the lobbies are still fucky. Once the connections lock in things go well but it is definitely less stable than it was last go around. Or maybe it was just so goddamn clunky to actually get into a match I didn't realize how often it was failing. Legit though since they are upping match frequency/volume with the rematches and "easier matchmaking" (i.e. the lobby set up sucks slightly less), wouldn't surprise me if the network traffic is overloading them here and there. Like I said in the GG thread, that seems like a solvable problem and I'd rather be dealing with it now, then give them a chance to fix it, rather than the game be turbo fucked at launch (not saying it won't be but at least this hopefully drops the chances). 

The beta time is sort of limited and I'm actually pretty busy this weekend but if we (or anyone else here) can line up more games and I'm available I'll definitely try to hop on again.

37 minutes ago, GetTheTables said:

The beta time is sort of limited and I'm actually pretty busy this weekend but if we (or anyone else here) can line up more games and I'm available I'll definitely try to hop on again.

Yeah, I’m super busy this weekend as well. I hope I have a chance to play tomorrow night but I’m not sure yet. That’s fine though. I’m definitely getting this game.

And yeah, I was missing a lot of conversions and stuff. It’s all good though, I’ll get better eventually and hopefully our matches won’t be so lopsided lol.

you’re really good though. you had some really nice high damage combos/setups. This game is easier to “freestyle” combos than SFV, but you were definitely doing them often enough to have figured some of them out. You are also able to read me really well, but that’s good, hopefully it will get me out of my bad habits (but we’ve been doing this for years now and that hasn’t caught on yet 🤣)

I was kinda going nuts though lol. Idk if it’s because of her big ass swords (and disjointed hitboxes) but my combo breaker bursts had like a 5% success rate. I would just do the action, not disturb you at all, and be wide open to be whalloped lol. You were also good at baiting them out. I definitely realized I had a tendency to hit it near match-end when I had like 15% or less health left and as soon as I got touched. I think you caught onto that too.

anyways, GG as always friend

13 hours ago, Pair of Rooks said:

I like this design channel, but I cannot believe anyone could not understand what's so maddening about that dismissive, passive-aggresive personality archetype. There's even a clip of outright abusive behavior.

Granted, the vid maker is a weeb...

that guy is just good for animation talk but the rest is nah

his entirely intended to missed the point on ingrid

comparing ingrid to rose you know the guy is just meh

Edited by Shakunetsu
41 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

I'm just waiting for the chaos because of the demands of people nowadays like wanting DS in SF, I didn't like it but that kind of wishlist would likely happen sooner probably not in SFV likely in future SF games

Well Capcom will most likely do what I fear and combine all their Universes in one.

What would be extremly weird to do and would need a lot of explanation.

2 hours ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Well Capcom will most likely do what I fear and combine all their Universes in one.

What would be extremly weird to do and would need a lot of explanation.

Reminds me of a fan comic I wrote with someone about how Goutetsu accidentally uncovered the Satsui no Hado after trying to imitate Morrigan's techniques (fireball and DP in particular) after observing her battle Darkstalkers near his village as a kid, because in trying to imitate the techniques of a Darkstalker, he started to become one.  

Edited by Psychoblue
11 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

snip

I think the +R time served me well. 😉 Though I still have a long way to go in both games. Thanks though.

For Ram, yeah anything with a sword toss is burst safe since sword projectile and the explosion are totally separate. As you kind of experienced if you actually burst at the wrong time (after the projectile sticks you I think) the explosion will just pick you up after your burst. Super sadface moment. The upside is that, at least for a scrub like me, you can't just double sword toss in the corner and get an easy-peasy burst safe corner combo into wall break anymore. At some point she needs to come in and pick it up.

I'm also not sure how disjointed her swords are. I ate a lot of CHs on 5H and that button is fucking massive. But I haven't labbed it to see how much leeway she has. It wouldn't surprise me if they still had a decent hurtbox on them though; Menat taught us all that trying to fight around totally disjointed normals sort of super sucks. 

6 hours ago, GetTheTables said:

I'm also not sure how disjointed her swords are. I ate a lot of CHs on 5H and that button is fucking massive. But I haven't labbed it to see how much leeway she has. It wouldn't surprise me if they still had a decent hurtbox on them though; Menat taught us all that trying to fight around totally disjointed normals sort of super sucks. 

ASW Sword Normals usually have extended Hurtboxes and a Disjoint in front of them.

Like you can usually hit the sword.

Usually, not always, it varies from character to character.

On 5/14/2021 at 4:26 PM, Skort said:

I play Poison because i enjoy her combos.

Street-Fighter-V-Screenshot-2021-05-14-2

For real though, i actually do find her a lot of fun.

In reality, I find Poison's horizontal space control to be pretty nice and a nice breathe a fresh air from *just* playing from up close 24/7, even though, she too can get away with that sort of thing, based on how the game is built. 

Just keep letting us know about the streams so that we can come in and keep the party going. 

It motivates the hell out of me. 

49 minutes ago, GreatDarkHero said:

Just keep letting us know about the streams so that we can come in and keep the party going. 

It motivates the hell out of me. 

Will do man , no worries ! Glad you are having fun watching lol !

On 5/14/2021 at 4:49 PM, Sonero said:

P.S. We've been looking at Oro's dick for 20+ years, FOH with Ingrid's trash design. She is wack, her brother is wack and her game got canceled for a reason. Don't ask why we don't like Ingrid, try and find out why we would rather look at an old balled brazilian's cock hang out rather than her wack self.

💀

Also, lmao at whoever said Capoeira doesn't work in real fights. Black people didn't just use it as a cultural defense tool here, it was a physical one too.

People forget that between putting the whole body into a kick + the momentum from the spin, that shit might as well be the same as getting hit by a car. Fortunately, we do have the occasional examples of people figuring that out the hard way to point at.

And another CPT Cammy win, yay.

On the other hand there was some nice character diversity here, thanks to Infiltration and Xiabao (Juri, Ed, FANG, Lucia, Vega). I didn't even know Vega could cross-up with the first hit of his CA, that was cool.

Edited by delete_me
1 hour ago, delete_me said:

I didn't even know Vega could cross-up with the first hit of his CA, that was cool.

He had set ups for it on wake up and then they took some of them away.

1 hour ago, Serpent said:

They really need to nerf Cammy.

What needs to be nerfed in Cammy?

1 hour ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Not a single person has come up with any senseable nerf that wouldn't just replace this character with another flavor of the month.

One nerf they could give her is taking away the oki from HK spiral arrow midscreen. If she has to end combos with LK arrow for midscreen oki or HK arrow for corner carry, she'd have to make legit choices.

She's been ending every combo with HK arrow since season 1. Part of the reason she is boring to play is because she is so automatic. End some cancelable normal with HK arrow, dash twice and get cookie for all three possible knockdown.

Thats as much as you could do to her without throwing the character in the trash. You could also give st.mk and st.hp lingering hurtboxes so you can whiff punish them reliably.

Go after her frame advantage and pressure up close and the character goes straight to the trash heap.

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

One nerf they could give her is taking away the oki from HK spiral arrow midscreen. If she has to end combos with LK arrow for midscreen oki or HK arrow for corner carry, she'd have to make legit choices.

Thats as much as you could do to her without throwing the character in the trash. You could also give st.mk and st.hp lingering hurtboxes so you can whiff punish them reliably.

Go after her frame advantage and pressure up close and the character goes straight to the trash heap.

The first paragraph here is how it works for Ibuki. Light for oki and Heavy for damage/corner carry. I’m a big fan of this solution because like you said, it gives her a reason to end combos in something other than heavy spiral. Alternatively you could shave off some of its startup frames so it doesn’t combo from literally anything. Her 6f hp could use some extended recovery hurtbox and frames too. 

That’s it though...anything more would just be spite. Like her s.mk is totally fine lol. It’s as slow as a heavy and leads to absolutely nothing on hit, it’s just a space check.

All that said I’m not convinced Cammy is actually a problem. She’s just well rounded and isn’t flashy enough for Twitter highlights so she’s gotta go.

16 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Her 6f hp could use some extended recovery hurtbox and frames too. 

They could give her the Kolin treatment and switch her st.hp from 6 frames to 8. That way it only combos into it on counterhit.  The other thing that could happen is that you don't let her combo into her cr.mk from st.mp.

Its rough justifying both of those changes since a lot of other characters and do those two things in one way or another (they either sneak in a heavy through a target combo or do it naturally). Actually, now that I think about it, she might be the only one who has a straight medium to heavy link. Actually yeah, my bad, think she is the only one who links her fierce directly from her medium. I don't know that it puts her over the edge (we'd have to analyze hella matches to see how often that comes into play) but 6 frame fierce is still hella good.