Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

4 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

I’ve been meaning to try Ken a bit.

Is VS1+VT1 still the best options for him?

Pick VS2 if you play on bad WiFi. Pick VS1 if you play on really bad WiFi.

I kind of hate Ken now. He deletes Rose's best normal from the game. He doesn't even need to know the spacing, he can just mash DP after blocking her HP and at worst he's taking fireball damage. There's no scenario where the DP can get blocked unless she cancels it into V-Trigger but then Ken has five thousand frames to react to the activation and just don't do DP.

Add to that the fact that most Ken players on my level play this game like they had a stroke on the VS screen (which I could understand, looking at that dumb face) and it's just a very exhausting matchup. I wouldn't even say the matchup is in his favor but it just feels like shit when playing it. 

On 5/19/2021 at 11:05 AM, AriesWarlock said:

Snip

Hide contents

Spoiler

It wasn't so much a joke as it was an analogy, and you can go back to that clip.  The villain of that analogy was presented as he should have been, the women strong and triumphant.  You're also looking at a clip that was snipped specifically to make me look bad with some of the context that analogy stripped away.  No one in Art's chat had any problems with it and when I heard it was blowing up, I legit thought the BFTG chat was just saying it to drive me away because I had heard from others that the BFTG top guys had been resentful of me for a while because I only popped by every few months to put BFTG in the rotation of games I wanted to highlight with Art.

I noticed who clipped that clip, and he's the guy who wins all these BFTG events...so yeah.  

And yes, if I were on my stream I probably would have chewed on it and went "yeah not on Power Rangers" and edited it out before sending it to Art for is youtube.  I felt most badly for Arturo because it was on his dime.  If it were my own stream and people were yelling at me, I may have been less remorseful, but that's not what happened so I reacted differently.

Here's the thing, though: I'm not just a professional, I'm a competitors, and competitors don't make excuses.  Whatever my intention was, it came off sideways to certain people and it snowballed from there.  So rather than explain what was going through my head, I chose to endure whatever heat I was getting and take penance.  To be quite honest, this was just the kick in the bum I needed to finally take a real vacation because I had been doing this for a year and a half at that point, and there was definitely some burnout as I entered the spring.  I'm a workaholic, sometimes I don't know how to take a break, but being forced to do so has revitalized and reinvigorated me for when I can take the mic next, although it'll likely be for games I'm more passionate about like SFxT and MVCI, or the upcoming TMNTxJL game that I'm writing for.  

That apology was meant to be an apology @ the "non-apology" and again, I didn't post it for people to accept it.  I posted it because it was the right thing to do.  As I stated before, it was a something of a placeholder before I could make a formal apology but I got pulled away mid-followup to answer a call for work.

I also think all of the anti-Semetism I got thrown my way when this happened may have soured the reflection process a bit, and being I'm not going to apologize without actually being sorry for something, I needed a moment to take a breath before re-emerging with something that wasn't going to create even more problems, hence why I went private for a moment so my phone could stop dinging and I could get some rest before my parent meeting later that morning.  

I have reflected deeply on this.  That's what I came to.  Anyone who wants to talk junk can do so, from now on the only people I'm worried about pleasing are those who can advance whatever asprirations I've got in this little hobby of mine that again, I do for fun.  And I will be back, specifically because people want to see me fail.  Isn't that the most metal response I could give?  I know what's in my heart, and I thought about all this long and hard so that I could "fix myself" or whatever and determined the root of the issue, and it wasn't whatever notion that April lady or her simps came up with.   I just learned a hard PR lesson, which is why beyond what I'm telling you here I've return to my business on twitter treating it as if it were a business.  But because people wanna make up fanfics about me, I look forward to returning on their screen one day with my usual demeanor, and if they see me and tell me I shouldn't be there...I'll tell them I have them to thank for it.  

What do you guys think of the new patch so far?

Edited by Psychoblue
Just now, Psychoblue said:
  Reveal hidden contents

It wasn't so much a joke as it was an analogy, and you can go back to that clip.  The villain of that analogy was presented as he should have been, the women strong and triumphant.  And yes, if I were on my stream I probably would have chewed on it and went "yeah not on Power Rangers" and edited it out before sending it to Art for is youtube.  I felt most badly for Arturo because it was on his dime.  If it were my own stream and people were yelling at me, I may have been less remorseful, but that's not what happened so I reacted differently.

That apology was meant to be an apology @ the "non-apology" and again, I didn't post it for people to accept it.  I posted it because it was the right thing to do.

I have reflected deeply on this.  That's what I came to.  Anyone who wants to talk junk can do so, from now on the only people I'm worried about pleasing are those who can advance whatever asprirations I've got in this little hobby of mine that again, I do for fun.  

What do you guys think of the new patch so far?

Pretty great as a Nash player

7 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

Virtua Fighter x eSports Official Announcement live stream set for May 27

Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown reveal imminent.

VF-eSports_05-20-21.jpg

Sega will host the Virtua Fighter x eSports Project Official Announcement live stream on May 27 at 20:00 JST on the newly launched Virtua Fighter YouTube channel, the company announced.

A teaser website counting down to the announcement was also launched.

Despite being not yet officially announced, the Virtua Fighter x eSports Project was previously leaked to be Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown for PlayStation 4. In Japan, it is simply titled Virtua Fighter eSports.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcIZewZMOR43xxTprXUziwQ

https://www.virtuafighter.jp/

Just gimme a Steam release and I'm set.  A friend of mine was telling me about this last night and I am amped up. 

9 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

Cheers, thanks Vhoz. May try him tomorrow night if anyone wants to smoke a Ken

I'd be up for trying the PC version since I finally got it to work. Still haven't bought the CE upgrade so if you see me mysteriously playing one of the core 16 you know why. 😀

Not sure how it lines up but I'll be around tonight from 4-5, maybe 5:30. If you're still feeling Ken-y over the weekend I can probably swing some time then as well.

53 minutes ago, GetTheTables said:

I'll be around tonight from 4-5, maybe 5:30. If you're still feeling Ken-y over the weekend I can probably swing some time then as well.

That’s too early for me, but let me know about this weekend if you get some time.

And yeah, Ken seems fun. I’m not going to take it too seriously though - so expect far too many HP DPs.

I’m kinda dipping my toes in a half-dozen FGs right now, just waiting for Strive... Those betas killed my motivation to take anything too seriously.

Edited by Mattatsu
1 minute ago, Mattatsu said:

That’s too early for me, but yeah, let me know about this weekend if you get some time.

but yeah, Ken seems fun. I’m not going to take it too seriously - so expect far too many HP DPs.

I’m kinda dipping my toes in a half-dozen FGs right now, just waiting for Strive... Those betas killed my motivation to take anything else too seriously.

In fairness it does seem like HP DPs are the way to go. Its firey and everything!

I'll let you know about the weekend. It'll probably be more early afternoon again for the most part. Sunday will probably be more open, already have something Saturday evening.

5 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

I actually miss more the more polygonal look of the original

ad40307e3d913d52a35aeb0510e4cd1a708078ad

I get what you are saying but that isn't the original, that's Virtua Fighter Remix. The original VF port to Saturn was rushed. Sega did an updated port that improved the graphics, They upped the poly count of the character models and added texture maps to them. It actually made them look better than even the original Model 1 arcade version. I mean technically the flat shaded models from the arcade version had a far higher poly count but it couldn't compensate for the texture mapping of VFR. IIRC it was actually a free update. I pretty sure I remember Sega just mailing me a copy of VFR for free.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
56 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

Good to see he's a force again, I know a few people who have been displeased with him since Season 2.  What do you think his new buffs do to help him reclaim some of his missing glory?

I mean yeah I’ve been displeased him with for a long time, but 5 years in I’ll take what I can get lol. 

Without getting lengthy it’s basically that his 3f is worth enforcing now and he now has a cr.mk so his low game is much better. Approaching him on the ground is hard and when you get in his face he gets slightly more reward for telling you to fuck off. The cr.mk buff is really nice I feel like any character trying to control space needs decent lows to check approaches and Nash didn’t have that before. It’s not Karin tier but at least now you can’t disrespect it regardless of hit or block. 

He still has a couple fundamental flaws that will probably gatekeep him from top tier status for the rest of the game (mediocre VTs, over reliance on a fb in SFV, limited offense, etc.), but at least now it doesn’t feel like I’m throwing for picking him. 

2 hours ago, GreatDarkHero said:

Seth: "I already have your data Cammy. You will never win in your nerfed state..." 

Cammy: "You are about to get embarrassed..." 

Seth: "What you are... Spiral Arrow? What a jo- WHAT THE FUCK???????" 

Cammy: "Told you." 

https://twitter.com/broskiFGC/status/1395710186631925763?s=20

This is the dumbest, smartest thing I've ever seen come out of this game, might as well change the tag to Gorilla Grodd.

Edited by Volt
9 hours ago, GetTheTables said:

In fairness it does seem like HP DPs are the way to go. Its firey and everything!

I'll let you know about the weekend. It'll probably be more early afternoon again for the most part. Sunday will probably be more open, already have something Saturday evening.

Hey let me know when you guys are going to play. Work has been kicking my ass and I haven't gotten to play since the patch dropped. 

14 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Hey let me know when you guys are going to play. Work has been kicking my ass and I haven't gotten to play since the patch dropped. 

I just started labbing now. I should probably lab a bit more so I’m not a total wash, but I can play tonight if you’re interested. Pretty much free for the night now

6 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

GGs man. It was fun but I'm hungry. Haven't eaten since lunch. I seem to play better when I haven't played in a while. I forget what to do and have to fall back on the basics.

Well it worked lol. I could barely win a match

4 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

Sorry guys, I need a break from SFV. Those random matches broke my patience lol, plus, idk if it’s my internet but online seems really bad for me tonight.

We had a one bar connection but surprising it was playable for me. Except for the two random crashes of course.

1 minute ago, Mattatsu said:

Yeah, our connections weren’t really laggy. But every other game I did was horrible.

I actually had fun with my Dollar Vhozite Nash. I have no idea how is VT2 works but I can could feel the difference in his Cr. MK and his Sobat Kick. His Sobat Kick is the shit. @Vhoziteis gonna be giving dudes the business with that button. It's a good MK Scythe feint too.

11 hours ago, Dayaan said:

Hm? What's that like?

I played B yesterday or the day before and I just held up. Is that what you mean? It was close though.

I was a much better player when I was younger. I'm not gonna BS and say I was good but 17 year old me would smoke 41 year old me in FT10. I mean I could actually beat people with 3S Sean.  Granted my win rate was like half of what it was with NG or Si Sean. Fucking devs, don't let me find the dude that "rebalanced" Sean. I'm locking that in the cage with Francis Ngannou. 😡

Edited by Darc_Requiem
3 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I was a much better player when I was younger. I'm not gonna BS and say I was good but 17 year old me would smoke 41 year old me in FT10. I mean I could actually beat people with 3S Sean.  Granted my win rate was like half of what it was with NG or Si Sean. Fucking devs, don't let me find the dude that "rebalanced" Sean. I'm looking that in the cage with Francis Ngannou. 😡

Love to see that energy. I would have liked to play you at my age in 3S. I think it'd be good.

1 minute ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I had to win games. Didn't have a lot of money at 17 and games were 75 cents a pop at the arcade.

You were getting fucking scammed. Should have done OS Parry > stab the owner. 3S is not worth a penny, how were they getting away with charging 75 cents per game? War crimes...