Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

41 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

I think this is a pretty interesting comment considering how you just said the other day that they should buff his walkspeed.

Because the problem in this game, as Akhos mentioned in SRK and as you can research for yourself, isn't the hitboxes. A lot of hitboxes are actually fine to decent. The problem is that standing hurboxes don't line up and/or the characters walkspeeds allow them to take better advantage of normals.

Akuma is a very good example of this situation. He doesn't really have great normals, but he can walk in and out of everybody's butthole like a stroll in the park. Doesn't matter the normals aren't long, he has the walkspeed to make them feel godlike. In contrast you get Ryu who has serviceable normals and an "okay" walkspeed. Because his walkspeed isn't that great, doesn't matter wtf he is swinging with, not much of it is a threat.

Nash is just one of those characters they made wrong. Because he was made wrong, they didn't really have a back up plan for him.  So now he just stays wrong then he'll get overbuffed in some areas to compensate. Problem is he'll end up creating issues due to overcompensating for a wrong design.

Somebody really needs to sit down the capcom SF team and let them know that characters get places by walking. If you commit to giving somebody Sagat/Sakura walkspeed, you then have to do a bunch of things to compensate for it. In the case of Nash, he needed the season 1 unreactable dash to function. Problem is that it combined with setting up his own slow moving fireballs and doing all sorts of silly hit and run stuff, they basically made some unbearable gibberish by not paying attention.

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

Nash is just one of those characters they made wrong.

Straight up facts.

Speaking of things that were made wrong...

What the fuck is this soundtrack? 🤢

There better be an option for instrumental versions as default or I'm modding the hell out of that. This is BASURA.

6 hours ago, Vhozite said:

Late to the conversation but zoning is not just about flooding the screen with fireballs, and it kind of annoys me when people act like it is. Zoning is about controlling space, and more specifically id say is about keeping the other guy at a distance where you have the advantage. Cammy doesn’t have a fireball but she is quite capable of zoning other characters, at least temporarily, with her buttons. Then you have characters like Axl who zone primarily with long limbs or ranger melee weapons. 

It's a big missconception that Zoning needs projectiles, I wrote about this way back when I made my Cammy Guide for SFV.

Something that is important for Zoner is having  good buttons. 

One of the main reasons Ryus zoning in SFV is so shit, is because his Buttons are T-Rex range. Yes his cr.mk got better, in a game where you have CC buttons with double the range. He lacks the buttons that make Guile work.

Guile works, because he has great buttons and the walkspeed to accompany his fireball, they work as a complete package. 

Works for anime too. Es has been throwing continents at people, while smacking you with enormous big girl buttons all across the screen. Imagen being Top Tier, just because you shut everyones Neutralgame down by jumping at roundstart.

5 hours ago, Sonero said:

Because its street fighter. It made fireball specials a pronounced part of the gameplay. Then they kinda shat all over that with this game.

Lemme just try and zone people out with Ryu's bum normals.

😂

Do I have to remind you about Alpha 3s fireballs?

Or 3S?

CVS2 also has pretty bad fireballs.

10 hours ago, Volt said:

What the fuck is this soundtrack?

C'mon man, it's not that bad. 

10 hours ago, Volt said:

here better be an option for instrumental versions as default

This for sure. Not because I think the songs are bad, I just think songs with singing don't work well with FGs

Also, VF is actually happening 👀 As long as the netcode is not the worst of all time, I'm pretty stoked. 

Regarding the Strive OST, I read that in Xrd there was a way to make all songs instrumentals as well (I haven’t looked around for this myself), but if that’s true, I’d imagine Strive would have the same option.

also, apparently there is an in-game jukebox that will allow you to unlock Xrd themes (at least, possibly other GG games) with in-game currency. Which is dope, I love Baikin’s Xrd stage theme

23 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

I read that in Xrd there was a way to make all songs instrumentals as well (I haven’t looked around for this myself)

You had some songs with an instrumental and a vocal version, for example Sky Should Be High, the Arcade Boss theme.

The default of that one was instrumental, but you can set the vocal version in a match.

Most of Xrd's themes are only instrumental tho. And most of the vocal ones have no instrumental option.

26 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

also, apparently there is an in-game jukebox that will allow you to unlock Xrd themes (at least, possibly other GG games) with in-game currency. Which is dope, I love Baikin’s Xrd stage theme

There's no such thing as "Baiken Stage" theme.

It's her character theme and unlocked by default. You can unlock her XX theme.

Xrd has a fire selection because most of the old themes are in it and the Xrd ones are pretty good.

12 minutes ago, Volt said:

There's no such thing as "Baiken Stage" theme.

It's her character theme and unlocked by default. You can unlock her XX theme.

Xrd has a fire selection because most of the old themes are in it and the Xrd ones are pretty good.

Sorry, I meant there’s apparently a jukebox in Strive that allows you to unlock Xrd themes.

also, I don’t know what theme belongs where lol. I just know I usually pick Baiken as my training opponent with the stage and theme to auto because that track is awesome... I should look up the name of it though so I know what to unlock in Strive

Edited by Mattatsu
On 5/24/2021 at 12:02 AM, Mattatsu said:

Gonna pick this up tomorrow

You will not regret it. If you want to get games in at some point after I get my ps4 set up and updated, I'm always down. Imo V Special is the best SamSho game because it's a perfect melding of the old school and newer ones, but it's got a varied cast and deep mechanics, but it's also pretty easy to pick up and play. 

And yes, the netcode is fucking STELLAR. I used to play sets with this Japanese player ony vita using my mum in law's wifi and the connections were still buttery smooth. It's literally (correct use of the word) the bestnetcode I've ever had the pleasure of playing on. 

Also, if you're looking to get a little more in depth with it, I made a video tutorial that covers every aspect in individual videos: 

Edited by DoctaMario
9 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

You will not regret it. If you want to get games in at some point after I get my ps4 set up and updated, I'm always down. Imo V Special is the best SamSho game because it's a perfect melding of the old school and newer ones, but it's got a varied cast and deep mechanics, but it's also pretty easy to pick up and play. 

Also, if you're looking to get a little more in depth with it, I made a video tutorial that covers every aspect in individual videos: 

Nice! Thanks! I will check it out.

55 minutes ago, Reticently said:

So Akuma is still obviously good, but is he kind of dead in high level competition (such as it is in 2021) at this point?

Maybe it's a HP thing. Akuma's basic strategy is "kill before you get killed" due to his low life and V-Shift is de facto giving every character a couple more chances to do damage to him. I think the only other character with 900 life is Seth and you don't see him that much either outside of Twitter clips from Xian. But then again Cammy is everywhere and only has 25HP more.

3 minutes ago, delete_me said:

I think the only other character with 900 life is Seth and you don't see him that much either outside of Twitter clips from Xian.

I actually think there's room for Seth again, now that VT2 blows up most V-reversals, forcing opponents to deal with the mix.  Akuma seems comparatively honest now that his ability to put people in the corner has been kinda cut in half.  

32 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Sony auto-renewed my PS+ For no reason.

Feel like a Belmont right now. Yesterday I was thinking to myself: this is gonna run out soon and I'll be free from this game for a bit. Now Dracula is back and I'll go into the SF5 castle like a drone.

😭

Apparently, they can refund you as a one-time courtesy. Try contacting them.

2 hours ago, Sonero said:

Feel like a Belmont right now. Yesterday I was thinking to myself: this is gonna run out soon and I'll be free from this game for a bit. Now Dracula is back and I'll go into the SF5 castle like a drone.

😭

Yeah that auto renew thing is bullshit.  But on the bright side you get to keep playing SFV online 🤣

Honestly, that VF game looks good. I haven’t played a VF in like 20-25 years but I loved the one I played back then. It looks pretty fluid as well, which was my biggest complain with Tekken.

money’s kinda tied up with strive though, but if it’s not a PS Plus exclusive, I’ll still pick it up (just a bit later)

Edited by Mattatsu
5 hours ago, Sonero said:

😭

Belmonts don't choose that fate, that fate chose them 

There's an auto-renewal option in the PS4 settings menu you can tick off if you don't want it to auto renew. I came across it by accident or I wouldn't have known it was there. 

3 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

i lost hype and excitement on figuring out silhouette after doing consecutive pair characters, i wanted to be surprise that the other one was not a pair character like many would assume. haha

I wanna know when tf is the Rugal trailer.

I know he's in. I know it!!!