Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

I know there's hell lore monsters here, so I wanna drop sole tidbits of the Virtua Fighter story from what I remember that are kinda cool AF:

The boss of the game for a while was this robot named Dural. She's this weird robot looking chick. She is also Kage's (the ninja guy) Mother.

Lei Fei, the shaolin monk, is an assassin going after one of the other people in the game. Man's had a body count before joining the tournament.

Another weird fact is that Kage when read in Spanish is a homonym to Cage. Cage  translates to telling somebody to take a shit. That shit is fucking weird when you see this cab for the first time and there's a ninja named after shitting yourself. Thats when I knew Japan was kinda suspect 

Edited by Sonero

I'm mostly convinced you're joking but Kage simply means shadow in Japanese and that's probably as far as that thought went when they decided on a name.

I mean I doubt everyone who calls their daughter "Ellen" in the US is aware that the word means "ugly" in my mother tongue.

Edit:

3 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

hjqIcBQ.jpg

How could those bastards screw her up so badly? She had longer hair in VF4, and her costume was cooler! I get why people are so upset!

I think the bigger tragedy here is the loss of muscle mass.

Edited by delete_me
35 minutes ago, delete_me said:

I'm mostly convinced you're joking but Kage simply means shadow in Japanese and that's probably as far as that thought went when they decided on a name.

Its one of those weird things. Also not joking. Cagar would be the verb that Cage is derived from. Lots of funny language stuff happens when you sell games to the whole planet.

Toto in PR is used as a word for women's genitals. Then cable TV would play those infomercials for compilation CDs for 80s hits. Why was there a band named after a women's genitals singing about Africa? Because the USA is a weird place.

37 minutes ago, delete_me said:

I mean I doubt everyone who calls their daughter "Ellen" in the US is aware that the word means "ugly" in my mother tongue.

Whats your first language?

4 hours ago, Sonero said:

Another weird fact is that Kage when read in Spanish is a homonym to Cage. Cage  translates to telling somebody to take a shit. That shit is fucking weird when you see this cab for the first time and there's a ninja named after shitting yourself. Thats when I knew Japan was kinda suspect 

Literally "cagué"  as an indicative verb would be "I shat". 

"yo cague" would be a subjunctive verb.  Yo cage en el bosque - I shat in the forest.

A bit of a stretch, I think, but some people do think of that when hearing Japanese names for the first time. Some years ago I found out the latinamerican dub for Inuyasha changed Kagome's name to Kaome. Words on the street was that her original name would be source of derision.

8 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Pretty sure their next game is going to be another Injustice. Didn’t they just announce they were making a movie for that?

Considering how haphazardly they run their movie IPs...its hard to tell. They are impressively incompetent; I don't know that they'd be this bad but it wouldn't surprise me.

24 minutes ago, EvilCanadian said:

i gotta make a tons of guides for vf ultimate showdown then like 2 seconds later strive comes out and i gotta make a ton of guides for that

im so tired

You can just pick my future Strive replays and put a text on bottom saying "Don't do that."

As long as people do the opposite of what I do, they'll be great! 🤣

With Mary’s confirmation, she possibly confirmed a number of characters. Historically, she was on 97 special team (with Billy and Yamazaki) and the KOF 11 Agents Team (with Vanessa and Ramon).* As all of those characters were in the previous game, I think we’ll be seeing them in 15 as well. 

It would probably make more sense if she were in the Agents team yet they played Masquerade in her trailer. The team theme she shared with Billy and Yamazaki in 2002 UM.

*She was also on the Fatal Fury team and Woman’s Fighter team in the past but clearly that’s not going to happen.

So VF5US doesn't have rollback😔

But I'm getting it more or less for free, and the delay (from what I've gathered) was pretty good, so I'm ok with it.

If you wanna be that booger eater that says "Pushes up glasses Well actually, you're paying a subscription" 

Fine. But I got a year for free with my PS5, so eat my shorts, ITS FREE TO ME, DAMMIT

31 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

If you wanna be that booger eater that says "Pushes up glasses Well actually, you're paying a subscription" 

Fine. But I got a year for free with my PS5, so eat my shorts, ITS FREE TO ME, DAMMIT

I've never really jived with that argument. Yeah you have to pay for PS+ but if your primary platform is PS you are probably going to do that anyways just to be able to play stuff online (which is a whole 'nother discussion but that at least isn't going anywhere this generation). For awhile you just used to have to eat the cost of Gold/PS+ and then they started buttering us all up with games as part of the deal.

Maybe "free" isn't accurate but "bonus" sure seems to be. Plus I think you can consider it as "free" when it is a game you were fully prepared to pay full retail for, then they just kick it to you as part of PS+. Its nice when that lines up.

Delay code kinda bites but like you said, fuck it just play and hopefully it holds up well enough. Mattatsu and I can reliably play Rev2 and that is delay from MD, USA to Partytown, CAN (no clue where he is exactly though I should probably know after all these years of random convos).

1 hour ago, GetTheTables said:

Delay code kinda bites but like you said, fuck it just play and hopefully it holds up well enough

Martian and I played VF5FS on PS with both of us streaming the game and we had a good connection. 

Martian was saying it wasn't much worse than the parsec connections he normally uses to get games in VF. 

The netcode will be fine 

19 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

Martian and I played VF5FS on PS with both of us streaming the game and we had a good connection. 

Martian was saying it wasn't much worse than the parsec connections he normally uses to get games in VF. 

The netcode will be fine 

I fully plan to blame all of my losses on not being able to block due to the shitty netcode.

With the dark reality being that I will never ever remember there is a guard button.

1 hour ago, Dayaan said:

Hey, kiddos. 

I use MS way less than Discord, so you can probably contact me here once or twice a day. I'll be off Discord for the next few days, so you won't be able to get to me there. Here is fine though! I'll answer ASAP.

What’chu do to get banned from discord? 🤔

7 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

What’chu do to get banned from discord? 🤔

Didn't get banned. I just run a lot of communities/spend time on calls there. I got a lotta work this week, so I pawned off stuff to people I trust and am off the app for some time to Keep Up With the Karkrashians in my life.

All is good! Just a lot of work for a lil' beansprout to do.

Just nabbed the GG bundle on humblebundle for XX ACCENT CORE PLUS R, I have Rev and Rev2 on PS4, so if anybody wants Steam keys for the other stuff, lemme know. 

I know that HumbleBundle once got a bit freaky with sharing codes a bit back, but seem to be able to gift keys. 

Games from this list, other than the one I nicked. 

Edit: Rev/Rev2 gone.

unknown.png?width=810&height=704

Edited by JustBrowsing
First come first served, should have added.
1 hour ago, HonebamiX said:

I fought somebody tonight from Megashock Forums Dojo.

If you reading this EddieMayPlay( Is this close? I am exhausted) CFN your Falke was dope. My CFN is Reapershrug was using Juri we played a set tonight in Ranked. GGs

I think that's @Alkipot?