Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

4 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Tokido was pissed that round

Did you notice that divekick nerf meaning F all since Hurricane has whiffed 0 divekicks?

Also OOOF that VS2 to take the round.

Edit: Meaty st.roundhouse to take it.  Nerf Cammy's st.hk.

Edited by Sonero

Ok, I opened the pad, nothing to lose anyway. The analogue stick sensors are welded onto the circuit board, so with my skills that's a no-go. Took out the battery and threw the entire thing away. Guess that's a god time to take a break, rose is frustrating to play anyway. Will buy a new pad when Oro or Akira come out or something, really don't feel like throwing money at Sony right now. I suppose I could look into Xbox One pad adapters as an alternative, if such a thing exists.

Interesting that Problem X switched from Abigail to Alex as his backup grappler due the the former's nerfs. Alex really feels strong right now and he still has that YOLO factor he's always relied on while being low tier.

Edited by delete_me

Hurricane qualified for top 8 with 'nerfed' Cammy and he beat Tokido.  

Cheering for Bonchan or Luffy.  Bonchan's Karin is S tier, and as a Karin player he's probably my favourite to watch - but you just gotta love his Sagat.  Luffy would be nice as well since he's proving a lot of people wrong that vshift killed Mika.  

Boltstrike using his CA to trade with Rashid's CA and therefore avoiding the chip kill  (since apparently one little hit from Rashid's Ca does less damage than it would on chip) was genius. Too bad he lost the set but what are you gonna do as Vega against a character who puts you in the corner just by existing?

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

Did you notice that divekick nerf meaning F all since Hurricane has whiffed 0 divekicks?

Also OOOF that VS2 to take the round.

Edit: Meaty st.roundhouse to take it.  Nerf Cammy's st.hk.

I think her biggest nerf was losing fireball invincibility on frame 1 of her EX/VT1 spiral arrow. In the little of i played since the patch, i got caught a few times on later spiral arrows where i would've otherwise made it through

4 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

Redbull always puts on great events

Even the group draw yesterday was entertaining - I usually cba with filler fluff like that, but it was fucking superb. F-Word especially, but the rest were great.

Edit: F-Word and Ryan Hart as commentators is as good as I've heard.

Edited by JustBrowsing
2 hours ago, Sonero said:

Twitter Clown Car is the best:

You get one mechanic you can hard bait and suddenly the game is hella defensive?

Bruh, this man would not have survived vanilla SF4 or SF4 Rose.

Just can't please twitter.   SFV now too defensive lol.  That's the first time anyone's ever said that.  

Man...SF5's gotta be the only game where dudes hype themselves over winning 6-4 match ups.

Yeaaaaaaaaaaah, I won a winning match up for my character, I'm so godlike.

Edit: Also I don't think anybody near me plays this on PS4 anymore. I dont' connect to anybody on console anymore unless they're Mexican. Not even exaggerating either.

Edited by Sonero

I’ve been trying to give Nash VT2 and honest shot bc teleport blows but I swear Stealth Dash is so buns after (the actually decent) activation. 

L.SS xx Stealth Dash > Stop is -5

M.SS xx Stealth Dash > Stop is -46 lmao

Edited by Vhozite
7 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Nash has 4 different buttons that are +3.

I know capcom loves blonde white people but god f-ing damn.

Does he? 

cr.hp 

cr.mp

s.lp

What’s the other one? 

Edit: oh I forgot his cr.jab was also +3

Edited by Vhozite