Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

The fix to the infinite is p cute, rng gadoken.

Alex only change is that its harder to go over your opponent with lk stomp and ex head crush heheheh and nothing for poison. 🙂

Those Gill buffs are p neat, I been said he needs that ex knee to be an actual anti air, how the fuck this character built around his fireballs have no kinda good aa lol.

8 minutes ago, Joke said:

The fix to the infinite is p cute, rng gadoken.

Alex only change is that its harder to go over your opponent with lk stomp and ex head crush heheheh and nothing for poison. 🙂

Those Gill buffs are p neat, I been said he needs that ex knee to be an actual anti air, how the fuck this character built around his fireballs have no kinda good aa lol.

The buffed meter build is nice for him. He actually get's an addition reward for using the Retribution system. One that actually lets him use the system more often.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
1 minute ago, Darc_Requiem said:

The buffed meter billed is nice for him. He actually get's an addition reward for using the Retribution system. One that actually lets him use the system more often.

Ye he's hella needed it, the lack of a CC button to just throw out has been so wack for him so this is a cool fix that keeps the idea of the character using his own system.

These fucking Abi nerfs have me creasing, these mfers can never use ex run punch again in their lives. Not to mention the health drop and like 5 instances of EXTENDED THE HURTBOX on his normals lmao.

2 minutes ago, Joke said:

Ye he's hella needed it, the lack of a CC button to just throw out has been so wack for him so this is a cool fix that keeps the idea of the character using his own system.

These fucking Abi nerfs have me creasing, these mfers can never use ex run punch again in their lives. Not to mention the health drop and like 5 instances of EXTENDED THE HURTBOX on his normals lmao.

They let Nemo do these balances changes. Poor Itazan. 

lol eventhubs

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2021/may/16/fighting-game-unlocks/

there is no good to fancy about this, even with nostalgia glasses

It's terrible idea especially in the age of internet and online, most of the guys never experienced the issues with MVC2 in the arcade when it was new and while other console owners are just lucky copying save file.

It's a huge step backwards gatekeeping characters that's already there is not good accessibility practice it doesn't makes sense when other people are playing the character that is already made in already been bought while you are still waiting or unlocking them.

Do this people want some kind of ONLYFANS microtransaction in a fighting game lol

I think DOA5 found an interesting workaround about unlocking characters/costumes in that you could unlock them the old-school way, but you could also just input a code and have everything immediately. I think that was an ok compromise.

Also, didn't expect those balance changes so soon. Their way of removing Dan's infinite is actually really cool. Instead of messing around with pushback and frame data and whatnot, they actually gave him some kind of neutral buff, even if it's random.

Not sure about Gief EX SPD though, that feels unnecessary and I say that as someone who hates Gief as much as the next guy.

Also, I wish they had waited a couple of months for these changes to properly evaluate Rose as well. Some things about her could use a couple of adjustments IMO.

Edit: oh, yeah, and they have absolutely no idea what to do with Lucia. They can buff V-Skill 2 all they want, nobody's going to use it as V-Skill 1 is so integral to her combo routes. High level (if you can confirm cr.MK) she's probably quite a bit better now thanks to better oki off Tornado Spinner, but for me there's nothing here to go back to her.

Edited by delete_me
8 hours ago, Joke said:

uhhhhhhhhh

https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/as/pdf/en/adjustmentsce202105ver.pdf?h=460aff2237e1ae8dd764cc7b2b780cf9&20200216

Yo????? Wasn't aware they were gonna drop a heat anti cammy patch.

Is this a real patch? Cause there are legit good Nash buffs here I know this shit ain’t real.

Edit: Sheeit Ken got nice changes too. S.hk conversions without his bum ass run and bigger hitbox on h.dp so I don’t die whiffing it after Shinryuken praise the lord 

Edited by Vhozite
28 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Can someone explain Kolin’s VT1 change? It sounds like she gets a special dash at activation?

Man I can’t wait to come home and try out these changes.

She basically gets a VT2 dash. It seemed kind of meh but Nephew discovered that you can carry your opponent literally corner to corner if they block Diamond Dust (ice wave attack).

Edited by Darc_Requiem
34 minutes ago, delete_me said:

It was one of those "let's just make VT1 obsolete" moments that made no sense.

This game has so many poorly thought out ideas that it shouldn't surprise you.

Gotta remember that this is the company that thought that season 1 Nash was a rushdown character. They didn't think people would just do unreactable dashes all over the place and throw booms instead.

Edit: Also I gotta appreciate they didn't really nerf cammy. The nerfs are all on whiffed divekicks. How many divekicks do they think Doctrine Dark is whiffing on? Specially EX ones? PFFFFFFFFF.  Gotta check that CPT win of Mago's because I bet the EX and VT1 divekick whiffs are less than a handful.

Edited by Sonero
9 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I have two words. Fuck Dan. I don't want to hear about people wanted that waste of a character again. His debut month's player percentage was one of the worst in SFV

Yeah that character is a waste, the only reason people is validating him and defending him on twitter is either nostalgia or the reference of being a parody. 

He a joke that aged poorly, His not even a character designed a handicap so it doesn't makes sense to represent him like that

Sakura in Gem fighters and Norimaru is even more entertaining with their special moves compare to Dan in the past. There moves and supers has sense and match the character.

SNK was better with Yuri as being a parody but not making her terrible in the story and represent a handicap character.

Even Shingo was better than Dan.

the only time that made him interesting was in SVC chaos because SNK handled him

Dan existence in prior games is just a waste and doing effort with him in future games would be more better that the time is given to characters that have interesting gameplay or has functional relevance in the story. Dan a gag that is not worth spending effort, resources and time.

I do used Dan in MvSF because thats were him being better shown as a handicap character but the rest nah. It's like capcom is confused of either making Dan relevant in the be a gag. His specials isn't funny other than being waste and nonsense that doesn't match the character and his backstory.

Mr Satan and Jhonny Cage was more entertaining with their gimmicks as an FG character.

Edited by Shakunetsu
19 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Also I gotta appreciate they didn't really nerf cammy. The nerfs are all on whiffed divekicks. How many divekicks do they think Doctrine Dark is whiffing on? Specially EX ones? PFFFFFFFFF.  Gotta check that CPT win of Mago's because I bet the EX and VT1 divekick whiffs are less than a handful.

I suppose you can now V-Shift them and punish her or something.

10 minutes ago, Dayaan said:

Obligatory LOL reaction...

These patch notes are pretty funny. Are these Twitter balances, or were they necessary?

The Nash buffs were necessary IMO.  He got a 3F button in the last patch but got nerfs to "compensate" for it that made it worse.

Edit: This last phone update and this new autocorrect is killing me 😑

Edited by Darc_Requiem

This guy has done 4 EX divekicks (3 regular ones, 1 from hooligan combination) and none of them whiff. Capcom really out there doing it for the culture.

Oh wait, he finally whiffed a VT divekick. Guess you can land on him better with a jump in or get more time to whiff punish it. But the whiffed one happened because Tokido was in the air.

8 minutes ago, Dayaan said:

Are these Twitter balances, or were they necessary?

A lot of the nerfs are twitter balances/finally admitting they were dunces. Urien's EX tackle has been dumb since release.  Them deciding its an issue now is laughable.  You already made us suffer, who cares if you fix it. Game sucks because you guys made it bad on purpose.

Nash is the perfect example for SF5. He came out a broken mess because of his design. Then they nerfed the good things so now he is just bad. Then they spent 4 years trying to decide what kind of character he is supposed to be. Ryu was given the same treatment. Season 1 Ryu was probably the most middle of the road top tier; he didn't have amazing tools, he just had a really good throw loop and hit like a gorilla. Then they took both things again and then you found out how toxic this game is to fireballs.

4 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

He got a 3F button in the last patch but got nerds to "compensate" for it that made it worse.

We felt this character needed a 5 frame medium, but to compensate we made his walkspeed slower than Dhalsim. We feel these adjustments will show that we still don't know what we're doing.

54 minutes ago, delete_me said:

That slide/dash fits her VT1 so much better since it actually looks like she's sliding across the ice she's creating.

I'm still baffled how her VT2 made it out of the concept phase back then. It was one of those "let's just make VT1 obsolete" moments that made no sense.

Honestly, and I'm a scrub so I could be off base here, all they needed to do to VT1 is increase the juggle potential. Because it looks like you can juggle several attacks from it but all you can get is EX Silver Edge or CA. EX Hale and EX Parabellum don't work. 

10 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Looks like Najd to me. What do you guys think?

Ralf and Clark for sure.

Cammy's nerfs were frankly a slap on the wrist. EX Arrow losing 3 frames of projectile invul is more significant until you remember that's nothing in neutral and you can really just plow through fireballs like nothing happened.

More importantly... what about G being able to use Lv. 2 and Lv. 3 Presidential moves at max level? 🤣

3 minutes ago, Illwill88 said:

Hope everybody is good. 

So catch me up is sfv saved?

Capcom just gave the wheel of fortune a good old spin. They still don't know wtf they're doing. 🤣

Standouts so far are Cammy getting classic slap on the wrist nerfs, Dan's fireball infinite fix being solved with a literal RNG mechanic, and a bunch of characters like Kolin, G and Akuma getting straight up buffed.

17 minutes ago, Flackaveli said:

Tokido abusing cr.mk is what stood out to me watching those ft10’s over the weekend.

That cr.mk has been THAT good all this time but, because it isn't cancelable and people play this game like gorillas, dudes would excuse it. Hell it used to be that fast and +2 on block during season 2 (yeah, infinite wisdom capcom said that button needed to be +2 on block).

That's why I think its an apology nerf. But I'm not really sure it even needed nerfing. Maybe it should've been like this the whole time since you can VTC it. But that's mostly to do with a poorly thought out system that let him have 2 free aegis activations per round.

7 minutes ago, GetTheTables said:

Whattup bro hope things are going well on your end.

From an outside perspective having followed this season casually: new chars, new mechanic, broadly the same 'ol SFV. How that makes you feel varies based on your personal stance on the game. 🙂

Yeah man I'm doing okay hope you are too.

I've watched a couple matches here and there and for the most part I gathered it's the same with some tweaks.

20 minutes ago, Illwill88 said:

Did v-shift end up being a big deal?

its alright.

You have to do it without holding a direction, so you can't "OS" blocking + v-shift. What it leads to is you randomly messing it up, getting a normal from doing the v-shift command and dying. Other times it just doesn't come out and you die.

If Ryu triggers the slow down, he can parry the v-break attack and get a fat punish. So there's that.

2 hours ago, BornWinner said:

Dan’s red gadouken

they were pointing out that was a throwback to red hado in SF2 but's kinda throwback to his alpha SRK too 

imagine that would be comedic disaster if they bring back SFone's SRK with gatcha damage instead LOL

Dan's red gadoken is fine as a "fix" I guess.  At least you can get stuff off it, so it isn't a dead-ass nerf.

Most of the quality of life changes seem pretty nice generally.

*EDIT:  Nope* I need to look at it, but am I correct that Zangief V-break doesn't knock down now?

Abi took the nerf bat pretty hard, hope those tire cancels are big for him.

Edited by Reticently

Is Juri top tier now?

edit:

Capcom sales update: Monster Hunter World: Iceborne at 7.7 million, Resident Evil 7: biohazard at nine million, more

Street Fighter V (PS4, PC) has sold 5.5 million copies (300,000 additional units since December 31)

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/05/capcom-sales-update-monster-hunter-world-iceborne-at-7-7-million-resident-evil-7-biohazard-at-nine-million-more

Spoiler

On 5/12/2021 at 12:33 PM, Psychoblue said:

Alright I'm in a better headspace.

I DID apologize even at the start, what I  said was construed as offensive and as a professional in life I should have been more careful, but unfortunately I can't write a good apology anymore in 1400 or less with 3 degrees, and I was in the middle of talking to the BFTG community about where things go moving forward.  I also had to take a call because I have a life.

I was legit baffled when Volt and others were telling me apologizing was making it worse.  Clumsy me, I thought it was real life where you're supposed to apologize when you do something wrong.

Second, this is my first time dealing with anything like this.  This is not something I should have had to stomach, for something I do for no money.  

Third, you don't apologize expecting people to accept it.  You apologize because it's the right thing to do.  Regardless of my intent with my analogies, I did it on someone else's dime.

Fourth, Art and I spoke privately and I'll be back soon as long as I keep my head down.  I'm sitting in timeout a wiser man, and donated 50 bucks to my local women's shelter just to at least show my immediate circle if they had any doubts about me that when it comes to  serious matters, I've always known that the fight for dignity is one worth fighting for. 

Fifth, I only lost like 30-some followers.  I'll rebuild from this.  My entire FGC career has been driven on the notion that I want to prove people wrong about whatever assumption they have about me over the years when I come in my typical boisterous self.  You can take a look at all of the fanfics people wanted to spread about me as evidence of some of the lumps I've had to take from people who don't have the nerve to say these things to my face.  And when live events do return, all of these people writing fanfics about me won't say a thing to me about it, and if I did approach them and go "hey WTF" they'd just nod their head and go back to talking junk on twitter, so it'd be best if I carried on like I have been with a shrug.

Sixth, I reviewed my old commentary critically and realized that I make analogies way too much anyway.  A year or so ago I made a reference to the then-ongoing Antonio Brown saga during USF4 commentary.  I laughed, because it was funny, but there were at least two things people would've had a fit, so you live and learn.  I was told my Art when I first started calling matches with him that I was quite good at commentary so I see little reason to abandon it entirely.  I behaved well enough doing BFTG at Frosty so it's just a matter of knowing my audience and respecting I'm live.

Seventh, I was told after the fact that people were yelling at me over talking about Jewish stuff.  I apologized for the commentary bit because it hurt people without meaning to, we've all been there.  But I'm not gonna apologize for making pieces of my ilk's history analogies for the deep impact it had by making it a synonym for an unwatchable, unenjoyable, complete affront to one's senses.    

Eighth...I missed you guys.  Did you guys watch the Can Opener?

I think it's good that you made that donation and that people see you are serious about these topics.

From what I saw people got upset because they didn't see an apology but rather a non-apology at first. Invoking a movement that's about denouncing the rape culture going on as a crack, and then say  "my comments were misconstrued as offensive" thing is not  gonna fly with people when you are the offending party. It was until later that people saw an actual apology.

I would suggest meditating on what you seemed to learned after this event. "This is not something I should have had to stomach, for something I do for no money." Do you mean to say you only apologized because you were on Arturo's stream? Otherwise they should suck it up? In your post after this one you say your joke met the wrong crowd. What's a good crowd for a rape joke? So again, I hope you are taking the right lessons from this and not the wrong ones. Hopefully one being that's this is not about you but the people you can hurt by joking about this highly sensitive topics. Just my two cents as someone who was in a similar and unfortunate situation to hurt friends.

I hope you rebuild from this and all goes well. You'll be more scrutinized from now surely, so you gotta be more careful.

Now pass by the metal thread and post something 🤘

Edited by AriesWarlock
3 hours ago, Vhozite said:

Is this a real patch? Cause there are legit good Nash buffs here I know this shit ain’t real.

Edit: Sheeit Ken got nice changes too. S.hk conversions without his bum ass run and bigger hitbox on h.dp so I don’t die whiffing it after Shinryuken praise the lord 

Have you seen Ken's horizontal fierce DP range!? 😮 You better be full screen from him if you are chucking plasma.

People in eventhubs comment section expecting capcom to do what nintendo did with smash did lol. 

it's funny how people saying waiting time with unlocking characters in MVC2 arcade was fun and some even didn't remember how they get all the characters in MVC2 in their DC which probably they just copied.

This people have probably didn't been following the issues with SFxT DLC and SFV vanilla content. 

It's like they are just expecting new ways to improve DLC wall by making it more fun and engaging like Sigma was lock in DLC wall in MVCi day one. lol

The only FG company that prioritize their fanbase was SNK before that they even risk staying in 2D because of their fanbase.

Edited by Shakunetsu