Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

1 hour ago, Vhozite said:

All that said I’m not convinced Cammy is actually a problem. She’s just well rounded and isn’t flashy enough for Twitter highlights so she’s gotta go.

This. 

Hoes keep begging for everyone to get nerfed and this is the result. Cammy has been pretty much the same character since the DP nerf, the only reason people are picking her en masse is that everyone else got too watered down.

It's just like when Karin got nerfed and Punk dropped her for Cammy. As soon as she got fixed, Cammy got tossed in the trash like the boring side hoe character she is.

This game still needs more kusoge.

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

They could give her the Kolin treatment and switch her st.hp from 6 frames to 8. That way it only combos into it on counterhit.

I really want to wish you a happy birthday, but then I read this, so I hope you get a Mahvel happy birthday for this take. 🙃

Spoiler

JK bro, Happy Birthday. 🤣 🎂

Edited by Volt
7 minutes ago, Sonero said:

I wouldn't take away her 6 frame fierce but it would be a balancing option.  Vhozite is right about about Ryu, forgot about his st.mp, cr.hp link. That nonsense whiffs so randomly that you forget its there.

My bday so crazy that I'm playing FF7R. Once I finish playing it, I'll write some long post about it being wack.

Happy birthday brah. Learn to love yourself and stop playing trash. ❤️

Links into heavies are pretty rare, though off the top of my head I know Kage and Ryu can do it. There are plenty of characters with Target combos like that tho. 

Lucia too, but she's so bad I forgive everyone for forgetting she's in the game.

(Shoutouts to Xiaobao for using her at the tournament btw., though obviously it got him nowhere and he had to switch to Vega, who's also garbage but-not-quite-as-garbage).

2 hours ago, Sonero said:

I wouldn't take away her 6 frame fierce but it would be a balancing option.

I wouldn’t either because that’s fairly unique but I thought it was worth pointing out. That’s insanely fast when you take into account the priority system. Between that, it’s cancel options, and hitbox I feel pretty comfortable saying it’s one of the best non-CC heavies in the game. 

Funny enough I just realized Cammy is also one of the few to have a light>medium link. Chun and Ken are the only others with that I can recall. 

I thought on it some more and if we still want to nerf Cammy we could address how easily she can circumvent fireballs. She seems like the type of character that should really struggle against zoning but she doesn’t. Honesty though I feel like the people who are complaining about Cammy also don’t want plasma to become (indirectly) better either. 

Edited by Vhozite
39 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

I wouldn’t either because that’s fairly unique but I thought it was worth pointing out. That’s insanely fast when you take into account the priority system. Between that, it’s cancel options, and hitbox I feel pretty comfortable saying it’s one of the best non-CC heavies in the game. 

Funny enough I just realized Cammy is also one of the few to have a light>medium link. Chun and Ken are the only others with that I can recall. 

I thought on it some more and if we still want to nerf Cammy we could address how easily she can circumvent fireballs. She seems like the type of character that should really struggle against zoning but she doesn’t. Honesty though I feel like the people who are complaining about Cammy also don’t want plasma to become (indirectly) better either. 

Is Guile a tough matchup for Cammy in SFV like he was in IV?

Cammy didn't have problems dealing with Plasma since ST.

If anything she's a character who can deal with Plasma realitvly well.

7 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Cammy didn't have problems dealing with Plasma since ST.

If anything she's a character who can deal with Plasma realitvly well.

I don’t know anything about ST, but this is kind of my point. In SFV at least she wants to be in your face hitting her amazing buttons, and it’s not particularly difficult for her to get there. She’s got a dive kick and gets a KD into oki off any cancelable touch, and her buttons are really good. Why does she also need the ability to ignore every non-sonic boom as beyond the first 15s of round 1?

3 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

I don’t know anything about ST, but this is kind of my point. In SFV at least she wants to be in your face hitting her amazing buttons, and it’s not particularly difficult for her to get there. She’s got a dive kick and gets a KD into oki off any cancelable touch, and her buttons are really good. Why does she also need the ability to ignore every non-sonic boom as beyond the first 15s of round 1?

Because she was designed with the game in mind?

The Devs said very early on, Cammy and Birdie are the best characters to play SFV with, that was back in Season 1.

Of course everyone was just shouting "PLAY RYU, PLAY RYU, RYU IS SF, PLAY RYU, WITHOUT PLAYING RYU YOU WILL NEVER LEARN TO PLAY FGS!"

That aside.

Cammy was made with every system in SFV in mind, they made her in this game to play SFV.

Shit on Fireballs, press medium kick to control space, use your big swing heavys to whiffpunish and fish, autopilot oki (a lot of characters had that in Season 1), your VTrigger is just a damage dump that shits even more on fireballs, shimmy focus, in your face gameplay with easy ways to get in.

She is playing SFV like they wanted you to play SFV, you would either have to change the game to stop her, or cut all her limbs off make her negative on most of her buttons and make her magnetic to throws.

38 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Is Guile a tough matchup for Cammy in SFV like he was in IV?

I haven’t played either enough to be an expert, but I doubt this is much more than 5-5 in either direction. Cammy has good anti-projectile options so Guile can’t flowchart but booms are much harder to deal with reactively than other projectiles. As a result he is more capable of keeping her at bay with plasma than most characters. Unlike the shotos Guile also has good buttons to augment his plasma so even if he is playing some robot that can stuff every boom he isn’t completely dead in the water. Guile also has above average AA abilities too. 

All that said Cammy is still Cammy. Real oki off every touch, amazing buttons, etc. All she needs is that one opportunity to start running the train, and the mere presence of an EX bar prevents Guile from abusing his best tool. Guile’s lack of a 3f also makes him more susceptible to Cammy’s pressure.

Again, not an expert here but I’d say they both have the tools to beat each other. Both are very well-rounded characters that can still throw down even in their worst matchups. Hold a gun to my head and I’d give slight advantage to Cammy only because Guile got hit decently hard in the patch. 

9 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Because she was designed with the game in mind?

The Devs said very early on, Cammy and Birdie are the best characters to play SFV with, that was back in Season 1.

Of course everyone was just shouting "PLAY RYU, PLAY RYU, RYU IS SF, PLAY RYU, WITHOUT PLAYING RYU YOU WILL NEVER LEARN TO PLAY FGS!"

Did they actually say that? Interesting 

But yeah I think most of us agree here that Cammy is the real “Ryu” of SFV. That basic-ness is one of the main reason I don’t think she needs nerfs. Within the confines of SFV’s meta she’s not doing anything wrong lol.

Edited by Vhozite
14 minutes ago, Sonero said:

How is that interesting? You got beef?

'Cause if there was a day for it, this is a great one. I've been handing out Grade A Tomahawk Steaks at family members all day.

We grillin' off of pure verbal heat today, boys.

I found you amusing when SRK was in place at the time. I was an observer and more so with the more primitive days of SRK.

I hope you've been having a good time so far, though.

3 hours ago, Emptyeyes said:

I found you amusing when SRK was in place at the time. I was an observer and more so with the more primitive days of SRK.

I am having a hilarious day full of nonsensical family drama from actual narcissists and other secondary type sociopaths.

Also a million and a half attempts at gas lighting me and then telling me that text message evidence of people saying the things I said they did, don't matter. Its weird, but in a lot of ways the situation that lead to everybody migrating here mirrors my family dynamics to a incredibly scary degree.

I got threatened by somebody with being exposed. He was gonna tell all these people I don't talk to that I don't like them. Squigga, go for it. "All this family that you haven't spoken to in 20 plus years won't talk to you anymore."

Shit, you serious?

:coffee:

59 minutes ago, Serpent said:

Are you okay?

I'm great, what's up with you?

You want cammy nerfed but didn't ask how. Squigga you started playing last week, jumped from Ryu to Rashid and then asked for a Rashid match up that isn't  that great for him to get nuked.

9 hours ago, Sonero said:

How is that interesting? You got beef?

'Cause if there was a day for it, this is a great one. I've been handing out Grade A Tomahawk Steaks at family members all day.

We grillin' off of pure verbal heat today, boys.

Why do I imagen you now breathing fire to grill the steaks?

5 hours ago, Sonero said:

That's nice but what about the netcode?

Judging by the Epic Version, it will be SNKs handcrafted, reliable and well received, Delay based Netcode!

3 hours ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Why do I imagen you now breathing fire to grill the steaks?

Might as well have been.

I've erased this paragraph about 6 times trying to word it correctly. I basically told the family to tell my sister to pay what she owes. Because at 3 different times she either said all the money was hers or threatened to keep it from me. Now they took everything else that was my mom's, so fuck it, at least give me the shit she told me was mine when she was dying.

This has lead to a bit of emotional turmoil. There are a few other MSers with "bad" family dynamics. Since I know I ain't getting the money, then the whole thing is about principle. You get the money, I got texts that prove I ain't lying. If I say somebody is shit, its because they went out of their way to be shitty 

Now I have to accept that there was a lot of gossiping, shit talking, and other terrible stuff happening behind my back. The main driver for a lot of it was my mother.  And I also have to accept that she did things to slander my name. Early on I told her to make a will so that she could divide things how she wanted and that was that. She took this as me asking her to split things up before she was dead. She then retold this story as me going up to her asking her for stuff. Mind you, same breath I told her to get her power of attorney done, and that we needed to come up with a gameplan for when her disease got too bad. This gossiping lead to some ridiculous shit being said to me by my brother in law.

What people should know is that the word family only means as much as other family members put into it. Dont let yourself suffer because you were born into a group of bad actors. You read about narcissism, sociopaths etc, well the people with that stuff were born from somewhere. They could be your family members. Same with people with unchecked mental health issues that person can be your cousin, brother, or sister.

When people take off the mask and show you the truth, don't hesitate to tell them all to...suffocate inside a hyena's asshole so they die in good company. If they threaten you with saying that they are gonna expose you on some shit you said long ago and patched up, mail them a copy of your dental records so they can double check which mouth said it.Fuck'em all; their insanity is not your cross to bear. You can live a happy life without them. 

😂😂😂😂😂

Edited by Sonero
3 hours ago, Sonero said:

Charges up Urien's armor v-skill, does EX tackle to go through a Laura fireball...

I don't ever wanna hear y'all complain about Cammy ever again.

I'm so sick of hearing about Cammy. I'd need @Doctrine_Dark to confirm. But IIRC Cammy basically got nothing but VT2 buffs. No one uses VT2. She's basically the same. Top tiers got nerfed. She didn't. Players using her don't have to make the adjustments an Akuma or Kolin player would have too. They'd just have to account for V-Shift like everyone else. He lost in the GF reset but Infiltration was giving NL the business with Ed. NL actually switched Ryu to try and stop Infiltration from resetting the bracket.

Side Note: Capcom unbanned Infiltration but you still can't type Infiltration in the chat. So he's unbanned but his name isn't WTF 🤣

Edited by Darc_Requiem
57 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

But IIRC Cammy basically got nothing but VT2 buffs. Not one uses VT2. She's basically the same. Top tiers got nerfed. She didn't. Players using her don't have to make the adjustments an Akuma or Kolin player would have too.

With Cammy they buffed a VT2 nobody uses so that nobody keeps using it. 

Akuma and Kolin were out there doing bullshit. They "had to make adjustments".   Akuma throwing hadoukens at the apex of his jump and is barely -4 on block. Toss them both in the trash 

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I'm so sick of hearing about Cammy. I'd need @Doctrine_Dark to confirm. But IIRC Cammy basically got nothing but VT2 buffs. Not one uses VT2. She's basically the same. Top tiers got nerfed. She didn't. Players using her don't have to make the adjustments an Akuma or Kolin player would have too. They'd just have to account for V-Shift like everyone else. He lost in the GF reset but Infiltration was giving NL the business with Ed. NL actually switched Ryu to try and stop Infiltration from resetting the bracket.

Side Note: Capcom unbanned Infiltration but you still can't type Infiltration in the chat. So he's unbanned but his name isn't WTF 🤣

I think the main buff she got was being able to cancel EX Arrow into VT. I can confidently say I've never once canceled EX Arrow into VT. Seems very inconsequential to me, but that's probably because I never find myself in a situation where I'd need to cancel drill into VT. 

Honestly, people have hated Cammy since the very beginning. I get it, but I also think it got old a long time ago. 

On another note, I've been using VT2 for the past few months. I honestly can't imagine going back to VT1. And I remember laughing at anyone who ever chose to use VT2. It's much more fun to me, but I understand why no other Cammy players would use it. It was a VT that I only used in certain match-ups (Projectile users like Sagat and shotos) to now using against the whole cast.

Edited by Doctrine_Dark

Oh @Darc_Requiem I played the first segment of FF7R on the living room TV. I got told by my wife and daughter that I had to relax and play video games, so relax I did.

My daughter decided to watch the boss fight with the Scorpion. She was next level hype for a good 10 minutes of that fight. Screaming and cheering and then running around when I finally beat it. This battle system doesn't really do it for me that much, but that whole thing was very well done.

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

Oh @Darc_Requiem I played the first segment of FF7R on the living room TV. I got told by my wife and daughter that I had to relax and play video games, so relax I did.

My daughter decided to watch the boss fight with the Scorpion. She was next level hype for a good 10 minutes of that fight. Screaming and cheering and then running around when I finally beat it. This battle system doesn't really do it for me that much, but that whole thing was very well done.

Honestly man, I'm one the rare people that hated the original game but like the Remake. There was some padding but the characters were far better fleshed out which made the narrative more palatable for me. If this upcoming Yuffie DLC actually makes me not hate that character. I'm buying a bunch of lottery tickets. 

Side note: Not sure why Square didn't have a Crisis Core Remake or Remaster drop on Switch at the same time as FFVII:R. That game's stuck on PSP and that would have printed money for them.

16 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

There was some padding but the characters were far better fleshed out which made the narrative more palatable for me.

That much is a given. If they hadn't done that then the game would've been a dropped ball. So far I don't like the very early Sephiroth reveal.  Didn't have any weight to it. The weird ghost things just feel like weird ghosts things. Not sure where that's headed (I read spoilers form the thread but I can't remember and I'm not gonna look them up) but it seems unnecessary as hell.

Them not changing the equipment system was pretty cool though. Checked my items and I just had the weapon, armor and the one relic. The graphics are 10/10, the music is 10/10, the whole thing is about as great a re-imagining as you could hope for tbh.

It'd be super funky to look at, but it'd be neat if we got a similar treatment for SF2. Just do all of the ST hitboxes and everything else, dump some jacked up good ass 3D models in that ass.

13 hours ago, Sonero said:

I'm great, what's up with you?

You want cammy nerfed but didn't ask how. Squigga you started playing last week, jumped from Ryu to Rashid and then asked for a Rashid match up that isn't  that great for him to get nuked.

Haha it's true I just jumped onto V. It's a good game though I think. At this point in my life though I'm not sure I can actually learn a new char. Ryu I can only use from legacy knowledge/play. Sure he has some new things but man is he a comfortable char to use if you played in the past. If that never changes, I'll always have Ryu in any SF.

Rashid's cool and flashy, dunno if I can ever use him decently though. My old man hands are a bit too slow for a lot of his stuff, and you can't teach an old dog new tricks anyway.

I'm glad you are doing well though. You sound in a way better place than before.

41 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Honestly man, I'm one the rare people that hated the original game but like the Remake. There was some padding but the characters were far better fleshed out which made the narrative more palatable for me. If this upcoming Yuffie DLC actually makes me not hate that character. I'm buying a bunch of lottery tickets. 

Side note: Not sure why Square didn't have a Crisis Core Remake or Remaster drop on Switch at the same time as FFVII:R. That game's stuck on PSP and that would have printed money for them.

2 Things.

Yeah the original FFVII was and is overrated garbage. Can't judge the Remake to much since well, I didn't play it.

Second:
Square is stupid. Thats why.

They don't give FFXIV enough money and rather burn it on stuff like.... Marvels Avengers or Outriders.

A Remaster for something popular like the Switch is a no-brainer, but Square can't even think that far.

They also tend to make very bad ports for some reason.

25 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Yeah the original FFVII was and is overrated garbage.

I have never agreed with you more.  Been saying this 1997, I was so glad I played this on my friend's Playstation. I would have been salty as fuck if I bought a PS1 for that game. I played the ever living hell out of FFT though. Between me and my friend, we wore his PS1 out. Had to start turning his PS1 upside down to read the discs. 🙃