Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

2 hours ago, misterBee said:

Fun fact -- loading screen before a match in SFV is fake.  The screen that shows the two characters about to fight is actually hard-coded to display for a certain amount of time, and will display even if the game has already loaded the assets for the match.

If you apply a loading screen mod and run the game on a SSD it will load the match as soon as possible instead of waiting:

PS5 will 1000% load all games faster since PS4 uses a slow HDD and doesn't take advantage of proper SSD speeds even if you put one in.  The difference will be night and day -- but in the case of SFV it won't shave off loading in between matches. 🙃

Not only that the superior CPU is actually fast enough to lull the data from the drive. Glad those Jaguar cores are finally a thing of the console past.

So I’ve had a series X since yesterday. 

while the load times are super quick... the reality is many modern games are already built to mask load times with other stuff, so you don’t always feel the effect of the boost.

it’s really just initial loading and fast travel.

also, the super fast loading can cause multiplayer Desync in some games as a warning. The new boxes load fast enough that the server thinks the old box lagged out.

Edited by FlyingVe
6 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

That picture looks staged as fuck but I read the caption and suddenly he feels legit to me lol. 

Also imagine a huge celebrity shouting out one of your most popular old games and your latest showing is MvC:I 🤦🏽‍♂️ 

I just checked instagram myself and that’s real as day. The post has close to 522k likes right now and was only posted 3 hours ago.

1 minute ago, Vhozite said:

Why would someone even do this and not fix the game garbage damage scaling. After a certain point he’s combing and doing like 10 damage per hit before CA 

Creators are probably SF4 fans. Long combos in SF4 did that shit. In the last half dozen hits or more were basically to show off because they did fuck all damage.

17 minutes ago, Jocelot said:

Jeah sorry those long as fuck KI lookin' combos don't really do it for me, personally. I'll stick with my not at all mysterious and unmodded SFV.

Exactly, at this point you might as well play GG+R and get real anime combos with real netcode.

Mysterious Mod is straight up garbage.

24 minutes ago, Jocelot said:

Jeah sorry those long as fuck KI lookin' combos don't really do it for me, personally. I'll stick with my not at all mysterious and unmodded SFV.

See I actually don’t mind (doing) long combos as long as it’s not some kind of loop shit. But I can’t stand doing something like this and after a while your hits are doing fuck all damage. Something about it just takes me out of the game mentally...like Darc said after a while it’s just pointless style when you hits are doing less damage than jabs. 

Then of course there is being hit by this stuff. I enjoy doing cool, long as shit combos in training mode where there are no victims but I hate fighting that shit. One of the many reasons I don’t like G is it feels like every hit converts into 15s of AND NOW! >ONE MORE>THIS IS TRUE POWER. 

Edited by Vhozite
4 minutes ago, Volt said:

Exactly, at this point you might as well play GG+R and get real anime combos with real netcode.

Mysterious Mod is straight up garbage.

Honestly these Combos are to long and deal not enough damage to be worth it.

At least in BB/GG they either deal lots of damage or look cool.

Or they're Hakumen Combos, they're long, deal a lot of damage and are super boring cause he just loops 2 moves in OD.

1 hour ago, Vhozite said:

Why would someone even do this and not fix the game garbage damage scaling. After a certain point he’s combing and doing like 10 damage per hit before CA 

And, that's one of issues I actually have with this game. 

No, I don't hate SFV. This is just one of my criticisms. 

A player spends resources. But, after a short while they are only doing 1% damage per hit. This is an exaggeration. 

But, if a player is to spend that much of their own resources on one combo, you should be seeing some damn fireworks, blood, guts, ass, in addition to some razor blades, salt, and lemon juice combination. Otherwise, you may as well just do a reset into a mix-up or finish the combo prematurely for a hard KND (depending on the game) into oki. 

For example, if you played KOF98, Kyo's 2B, 2A, 236236P (Final Showdown) is *well* above 45% damage. 

I understand that the context and game play ideas are different here in SFV but towards the beginning, this was not *quite* the case. 

This is also the very reason I am trying to edit some videos for showcasing characters that can score half-life without a jump-in or CC. Urien and Chun-Li for example *can* get away with this. Otherwise, the player has to use some discretion in their use of resources and their own position upon finishing a combo. 

Jeah I don't mind seeing  longass combos. If I'm gonna get styled on in UMvC3 after getting opened up by Zero or Vergil, well that's my lot in life. But at least it looks cool. The ground to ground combos you see in SFIV and KI just *look*, *aesthetically* dull. Not to discredit the combonauts out there, just saying there is that mysterious mod combo, or there is your average Litchi combo pre BBCP.

This lady is just slapping you up and down, with and without a staff. That shit S rank.

41 minutes ago, Jocelot said:

Not to discredit the combonauts out there, just saying there is that mysterious mod combo, or there is your average Litchi combo pre BBCP.

This lady is just slapping you up and down, with and without a staff. That shit S rank.

We talking BB Style?

That was IN A TOURNAMENT.

Edited by Volt
Snip
2 hours ago, Volt said:

I like shorter combos and more neutral interactions, but I'm cool with actually stylish combos (Not some TAC nonsense, legit flair.)

SFV by design doesn't really leave a lot of wriggle room for practical creativity. On anything.

You see where I am coming from with this. 

SFV combos and blockstrings are often a little *too* specific a lot of the time. 

You *have* to end a block string... *this* way. 

You *have* end a combo... *that* way. 

This is partially true with even previous games but SFV is a bit more egregious in this particular case. 

3 hours ago, Vhozite said:

See I actually don’t mind (doing) long combos as long as it’s not some kind of loop shit. But I can’t stand doing something like this and after a while your hits are doing fuck all damage. Something about it just takes me out of the game mentally...like Darc said after a while it’s just pointless style when you hits are doing less damage than jabs. 

Then of course there is being hit by this stuff. I enjoy doing cool, long as shit combos in training mode where there are no victims but I hate fighting that shit. One of the many reasons I don’t like G is it feels like every hit converts into 15s of AND NOW! >ONE MORE>THIS IS TRUE POWER. 

That's what I love about MK11 too. When, for example, Scorpion hits you with the spear, you might as well put the controller down and do something productive with your time, like learning a language or something, because you won't be playing for a while.

16 minutes ago, Volta said:

That's what I love about MK11 too. When, for example, Scorpion hits you with the spear, you might as well put the controller down and do something productive with your time, like learning a language or something, because you won't be playing for a while.

Is that why they throw that shit 100 times a match even when I flawless block it every time?

5 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

According to Yakuza's producer, he doesn't want Kiryu beating up women so that's why he hasn't been a guest character in a fighter.

https://finalweapon.net/2020/11/09/segas-toshihiro-nagoshi-is-hesitant-to-put-yakuzas-kazuma-kiryu-in-fighting-games-doesnt-want-to-see-kiryu-beating-up-women/

Grrr....

KUZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-

44 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Is that why they throw that shit 100 times a match even when I flawless block it every time?

The Holy Commandment for online Scorpion players: 

"Thou shalt throw the spear with careless abandon; dost thou not either teleport or throw the spear, thou has committed a grave sin; lo! Engage not in footsies, for it is an abomination."

4 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

According to Yakuza's producer, he doesn't want Kiryu beating up women so that's why he hasn't been a guest character in a fighter.

https://finalweapon.net/2020/11/09/segas-toshihiro-nagoshi-is-hesitant-to-put-yakuzas-kazuma-kiryu-in-fighting-games-doesnt-want-to-see-kiryu-beating-up-women/

I mean thats respectable, we also know that Kiryu has never killed a person.