Stage Select

The DC Movie & TV Thread

25 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

For those who saw Black Adam, what were your thoughts about Pierce Brosnan as Dr. Fate?

I believe this is his first comic book movie, so I was curious how he did 

Arguably the best character in the movie, I'd deadass watch a solo or JSA movie with him. I do have an issue with how his helmet functions, but that's on the writers, not him 

Stumbled upon the Harley Quinn Animated Series comic book while doing holiday shopping for family. It is a short series acting as a gap between season 2 and 3 of the Harley Quinn cartoon. Overall it was fine as an extension to the show, strictly focusing on Harley and Ivy with the same humor. I thought it was well drawn, with very expressive facial detail closely matching the show.

Edited by Jurassic
4 hours ago, Maxx said:

I liked it but they def toned down his power. I think they were inspired by dr. Strange in how they used the visual effects of his powers even though he technically outdates him in thr comic department. The way he crestes illusions looks like dr. Strange doing mirror dimension stuff. 

Also the helmet doesnt talk in the movie. 

Yep the helmet not talking and him being able to casually take the helmet off at will kinda odd. To my knowledge, the helmet chooses you and it kind of possess the user, you can't just take it on and off like that. But I suppose you could argue it's a different universe with different rules 

3 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Yep the helmet not talking and him being able to casually take the helmet off at will kinda odd. To my knowledge, the helmet chooses you and it kind of possess the user, you can't just take it on and off like that. But I suppose you could argue it's a different universe with different rules 

Basically once you agree to be nabus host you are locked into it for life

I just saw Black Adam.

Pros:

Costume design/ action/powers were great.

Rock was pretty good as was Aldis Hodge and Pierce as Hawkman/Dr Fate. 

End credit scene was pretty cool.

Cons:

Pacing is uneven.

The main villain is unmemorable. The actor is the same guy who played Jafar in 2019 live action Aladdin.  Hes been let down twice by big blockbusters.

The kid (Amon) was pretty annoying. I hope he doesnt play a huge role in a sequel.

One character is killed that I really want to see again 😞

Overall: Decent film. I would see a sequel.

7/10

Ok, I just got back from the theater to watch Black Adam, and while the movie hast its flaws, it is a great spectacle that will keep you entertained.

I say that is a solid 7 and if you feel generous an 8.

On 10/23/2022 at 2:26 PM, DangerousJ said:

For those who saw Black Adam, what were your thoughts about Pierce Brosnan as Dr. Fate?

I believe this is his first comic book movie, so I was curious how he did 

Spoiler

TBH, I think that he is a good Dr. Fate.
As other pointed out, it is kind of jarring that they kept removing the helmet, since we all know that Nabu would have never allowed that, but I want to think that it was Nabu allowing him because he was close to his death.

Kinda dissapointed that they decided to off Pierce Brosnan instead of keeping him around for at least another movie.

Hope nobody is sleeping on the 3 hours of goodness on Thursday nights on TV. In hour 1 you got Law & Order, in hour 2 you got Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, and in hour 3 you got Law & Order: Organized Crime.

Rick Gonzalez (Wild Dog) is on Law & Order: Organized Crime

Mehcad Brooks (Guardian) is on Law & Order

Yes, the 3 shows do have crossovers with each other from time to time.

I'm of a mixed feeling on this.

I think most of the general public would like Cavill, Gadot, and Momoa to continue in their roles.

On the other hand, you have Ezra's nonsense, WW84 being disappointing, negative publicity from Batgirl cancellation etc.

I think Gunn wants a tighter/more focused universe and that could be interesting, thought that probably means full reboot/recasting for all those listed above.

The first one was written by Allan Heinberg. 84 was written by Geoff Johns and Jenkins.

Some people are delusional about being great writers AND directors.  I'm guessing the first one doing so well led WB to give her free reign on 84.

The fact that she doesn't want to do revision after the tepid response to 84 make me hopeful that  a new director would be approached if they decide to do another WW film.