Stage Select

The DC Movie & TV Thread

5 hours ago, BornWinner said:

It’s obvious why it didn’t show, but for Flash to not show up at Comic Con at all is really telling. That movie must be going terribly.

The movie is shot, and they're doing post-production on it. They can't do press because of Ezra, but they're hoping they can drop this movie and get money.

They also might think the movie is good enough to rise above Ezra's adventures. If they think it can have a good ROI, it's worth a shot. I mean, even with Ezra flying across the world to beat ass like Street Fighter 2, it's mostly twitter and media outlets that will harp on DC for putting this out. Maybe that'll hurt it, maybe not. But even with my limited attention on this movie, I don't think many will avoid seeing it just because of Ezra. Unless he does something completely irredeemable.

People complain about DC not bringing the pop or flash like marvel did but I'm glad they didn't. I want substance. Black Adam and Shazam 2 was enough for me. They probably going to talk more about their slate at DC Fandome.

I also think what's going on is that WBD and DC are, as the old black folks would say, fixing their house. Remove the dirt before you decide to announce or drop things so someone don't get petty before they leave the house.

On 7/18/2022 at 7:56 PM, iStu X said:

Pretends to be shocked

What is funny is that the amount of people trying to watch the Snyder cut crashed the HBO Max servers, and made better numbers than other premier stuff on other stream services, but sure, it was bots.

But also, the writer of that article has a history of having a hatebonner against Zack Snyder and the fans, since she always does those kind of articles.

8 hours ago, Hecatom said:

What is funny is that the amount of people trying to watch the Snyder cut crashed the HBO Max servers, and made better numbers than other premier stuff on other stream services, but sure, it was bots.

But also, the writer of that article has a history of having a hatebonner against Zack Snyder and the fans, since she always does those kind of articles.

Sounds like this other broad who use to shit on Snyder every chance she got. I think she wrote for Vanity Fair. She even tweeted that she wrote bad reviews of his movies because she didn't like him and never saw his movies.

1 hour ago, Gimpy said:

Sounds like this other broad who use to shit on Snyder every chance she got. I think she wrote for Vanity Fair. She even tweeted that she wrote bad reviews of his movies because she didn't like him and never saw his movies.

I think is the same chick.

The first 2, maybe 3 seasons of Flash were great, imo...it's a shame that it was all noticeably down hill after that.  Besides the excellent first and 2nd seasons...at least it served up some outstanding eye-candy as per the usual CW show rules.  Jessica P. Kennedy (*who can be seen naked in Black Sails, season 1, btw; full frontal shot) is one of the finest girls I've ever seen on television...and I like the other girls too....the whole lineup of girls was just outstanding on there.

...but yeah, in the beginning, it was easily THE best superhero show on tv at the time, imo... this trailer for episode 15 was and still is one of my favorite trailers of all time.... when it was finally revealed what was up with Dr. Wells....

that shit was so epic...and if I recall this wasn't even the season finale.

Edited by MillionX

I get why people are making the comparison and I basically agree on all points buuuuut Batgirl wasn't canceled due to controversy, it was canceled over direction changes, so Flash not being canceled because controversy doesn't really factor in Herr. 

With that said Fuck Ezra Miller Flash, feel bad for everyone who worked on Flash, he fucked up their entire bag and I would rather watch Batgirl even if it's bad then watch Flash with Ezra Millsrs dope asshole face in it. 

1 hour ago, Dragonfave723 said:

Batgirl movie is canceled. Meanwhile, Ezra Miller's The Flash movie is still on schedule to be released next year, despite tons of controversies and troubles surrounding the lead actor. 

The priorities over at WB Discovery. 🙃

I get the feeling that WB Discovery wants to focus on "major" DC characters. Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash etc. 

14 hours ago, Gimpy said:

The new regime is not fucking around. I think they're coming up with a plan unlike the previous regime. But I really wanted to see this movie. I have a feeling they may change their minds and release it on HBO Max.

The movie was made for HBO Max. It's why fans are worried for Blue Beetle as that movie was greenlit for HBO Max.

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I just read the details. I didn't realize The Batgirl movie had already finished filming. I don't see the point of not releasing it. They've already paid for it.

Rumors say that is because it was irredeemable.

It seems that they saw continuing the production and releasing it as falling into the sunken ship The Sunk Cost Fallacy.

Keep in mind that Batgirl and SuperGirl were meant to come after the Flashpoint movie and replace Batman and Superman as the trinity, and alongside a new Cyborg be the new Justice League.

There have been major setbacks to that plan from the previous administration with having to move Flash after Aquaman 2, since the idea was to introduce Keaton on Flash, have him be part of Aquaman 2 to introduce Batgirl, and so on.

Is because of that that there have been reshots to change Keaton with Affleck, since it didn't make sense to introduce Keaton on Aquaman 2, and why there were also reshots to put Affleck on Flash, since the plans have changed,

Apparently it seems that there could be reshots to replace Ezra Miller as well.

And after releasing that movie, simply scrap everything that was in production that has not been finished that was approved by the previous administration and start all over.

Some rumors say that there could be chance that Favreau could be joining Warner as the shepherd for DC.

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I get the feeling that WB Discovery wants to focus on "major" DC characters. Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash etc. 

For what has been reported, is in part that, but also to to actually improve the quality of the DC offerings.

Zaslav has been known for saying that is unbelievable that with how known the DC chars are, that the movie offerings have been subpar for the most part so far.

The focus is to to try to correct the course and actually push for making the DC brand a success

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/batgirl-movie-why-not-releasing-warner-bros-1235332062/

It seems the Taxman may be the reason for the shelving.

Releasing the movie on HBO Max would seem to be the most obvious solution. Instead, the company has shelved “Batgirl” — along with the “Scoob!” sequel — and several sources say it will almost certainly take a tax write-down on both films, seen internally as the most financially sound way to recoup the costs (at least, on an accountant’s ledger). It could justify that by chalking it up to a post-merger change of strategy.

Doing so, however, would mean that Warner Bros. cannot monetize either movie — no HBO Max debut, no sale to another studio.

1 minute ago, Hecatom said:

I read about them, but those sound totally not plausible, since HBO Max is the streaming service that has seen actual steady growth those years, unlike the others.

Plus having the better customer satisfaction across the board

I agree with you. Also, Discovery+ isn't exactly setting the world on fire. If anything, I'd see them rolling Discovery+ into HBO Max. It increases the content of HBO Max will getting rid of a redundant less successful service. WB already did something similar with DC Universe under AT&T. Part of the reason HBO Max has so much content is they got all the content that was on DC Universe.

Just now, Darc_Requiem said:

I agree with you. Also, Discovery+ isn't exactly setting the world on fire. If anything, I'd see them rolling Discovery+ into HBO Max. It increases the content of HBO Max will getting rid of a redundant less successful service. WB already did something similar with DC Universe under AT&T. Part of the reason HBO Max has so much content is they got all the content that was on DC Universe.

Yeah, plus, there are rumors that they will close stuff like Rooster Teeth and others since that way they can fold all the creative efforts in animation under one umbrella.

1 hour ago, DangerousJ said:

What is the cause of all this debt?

Well, besides the dc movies failing, they also had a lot of other movies failing to meet the threshold where they become profitable.

Actually, a lot of Hollywood studios have been having a lot of debt piling up on those last years, even prior to covid, there was a lot of talk about it, since it was growing at a rate that was starting to be a concern for the money people, Covid just made it become more apparent and happen more quickly.