Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

4 hours ago, axeman61 said:

I knew the second there's a woman with a modicum of intelligence on the other side of the table, these dudes would look fucking stupid. Now I see why they filter so much. Good God.

Without getting too deep into an hours long theology lesson, one only needs to cite Jesus Christ's heart for the vulnerable to vindicate the woman leaving the man. To add to that, during his lifetime women weren't treated very well but he would always revere every woman as a sister and preached against violence. Women began to love him and his early ministry was even funded by women. Jesus was the OG feminist. 

4 hours ago, Daemos said:

They’ve always been stupid. Same thing with that female podcaster Pearl. She brings the dumbest hos on and looks like a genius and a saint next to them.

Pearly is a chameleon only pretending to be red pilled for the views IMO.

I have some recommended red pill content that I prefer: 

19 hours ago, Jion_Wansu said:

Counterpoint: If a game released broken as shit back in the day, it stayed broken. Nowadays, if there are bad/gamebreaking glitches, they can fix them with a patch. Back in the day, you just had to deal with it and face the fact that you spent $50 on a busted game.

That's true, but too many devs nowadays are using that capability to release almost-done games that MIGHT get better over time.

And "almost done" could mean several things. Maybe it's just threadbare as far as content, or there are legit bugs to be fixed. But there are plenty of "AAA" gaming studios that are using the release as just the starting point when it should be end with bonus after (DLC).

Feels like there are only a few games that give you something great on release.

Edited by axeman61
1 hour ago, DoctaMario said:

Counterpoint: If a game released broken as shit back in the day, it stayed broken. Nowadays, if there are bad/gamebreaking glitches, they can fix them with a patch. Back in the day, you just had to deal with it and face the fact that you spent $50 on a busted game.

That's a great point. But it also feels like broken or incomplete games are getting released more and more frequently since there's always the ability to patch in a fix later. Seems the quality control standards have lessened as the practice becomes more common.

1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

I mean Slul Caliber 3 had a Save delete glitch that couldn't be fixed, like both have their positives and negatives. A negative for me is how a fighting game I bought is a totally different game after a year, one I might not even like anymore due to the changes. 

So you know, good & bad. 

What's funny about the SoulCal3 glitch is that that same glitch will even happen via emulation and nuke your VIRTUAL memory card 😂

I agree with you about fighting games and how patching changes them. It's part of the reason I usually hold off on games until they're a little more "figured out" because I don't have as much time to keep relearning.

1 hour ago, Chadouken said:

That's a great point. But it also feels like broken or incomplete games are getting released more and more frequently since there's always the ability to patch in a fix later. Seems the quality control standards have lessened as the practice becomes more common.

I think part of the issue is how complicated games seem to be to make these days and how astronomical the budgets are, so you have people trying to do complex things quickly to come in at or under budget.

I might actually argue QC hasn't really changed that much all things considered.

I wonder sometimes if they can never get me to care about the Soul Calibur franchise again... that last one had a customization mode that was so horribly fucked it soured the entire experience for me.... it still amazes me how awful the shit was.  After every change, there is loading time.  I've never seen a custom/creation mode ruined in such a way before.... scroll thru let's say 8 shirt options, and yep---that will be 8 instances the goddamn game has to load.  Ok so you picked out the right shirt or vest, suit, etc.... now you're changing the colors of this particular clothing item... you view it in 10 different colors... yep you guessed it; the game has to load each of those 10 times you changed it from red to green to blue to whatever.  Change the character's skin/texture... loading each time.  Change the hairstyles... loading each time. 

This is on top of the fact that most of it was recycled from the previous game anyway... and they trimmed the story aspect of that franchise down to nothing; do they even have ending scenes at all anymore?  I vaguely recall it was 1 picture for each character...and in the last game I guess that was too much work; I think there was only 1 ending if I recall...?  (*meanwhile; compare how the story stuff is presented in the MK games...or anything else, really) I still regret ever spending money on this trash.  I have never taken the time to leave a negative review for something I bought or some service... UNTIL this game.  Oh yeah, it irked me that much.... and all these years later I still hate it.

...odd thing is that one of my old friends actually tolerated the mess.  He spent plenty of time creating characters in that shit-hole excuse for a game.

19 hours ago, MillionX said:

The houses that are shown off on this channel are INSANE, man... check out this one for 295 mil:

shocked holy shit GIF

Imagine having a property that ridiculous... that when friends/family are somewhere else in there, you may actually have to just call them on the phone.

*Also---at that level; I wouldn't really leave that place; there's no reason to.  One of my personal assistants would be tasked with getting groceries or I'd have them delivered regularly.  These are homes that have night clubs, gyms, theaters, tennis courts, etc. etc. all right there on the property.

Some more insanity:

EDIT:

13 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Well, I don't know about other games but for fighting games they did make various versions of Street Fighter II The World Warrior (arcade) and it's following editions to try and eliminate glitches and such

Same thing with the Mortal Kombat games back in the 1990s.

You know it's funny. Midway/Bally rushed Mortal Kombat and Moral Kombat II due to the fighting game craze with Street Fighter II and the SNK ones so they had to release an unfinished MKII (Revision 1.1 and Revision 1.4) at the time. Later they made 2.1 and 3.1 to finish off the series for example. funny thing. Midway wanted the arcades to have a T1 line for wavenet Mortal Kombat in order to push out updates instead of having to replace boards/chips. Midway was ahead of its time in that regards. I think UMK3 was also free for arcades if they had MK3 machines.

Edited by Jion_Wansu

Surfed the web. Guess someone archived SRK before it went away. Guess it's true that nothing ever gets deleted from the Internet! This ones about the cloning of characters in CVS2:

https://archive.supercombo.gg/t/cvs2-character-cloning/591/25

Someone recently did this cloning thing in casuals on the gamespot versus streams.

EDIT: LOOOL. I was LMAO to this post. Then the next post was a quote to this idiot's post and realized who posted this like 20 years ago (it was me) LOOOL:

https://archive.supercombo.gg/t/cvs2-character-cloning/591/58

Edited by Jion_Wansu
21 hours ago, BB_Hoody said:

Yeah at that point. You're living in your own personal mini town. That's the kind of estate you could move your parents, siblings and their kids in with you. And all live comfy with plenty of space

One issue about having a house that big is having to have full time staff to maintain it due to the sheer size.  That house needs it's own work crew lol.

17 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

Decepticon Civil War:

Just like the newest Transformers movie, the Republican 2024 presidential candidate list grows BIGGER and BLACKER.

Senator Tim Scott has entered the tournament.

Here are some encouraging words from the one man in America who loves black folks the most...

FwvgzUSXsAAxkAC?format=jpg&name=medium

Can't wait to hear whatever nick name Trump comes up for him in the next year.