Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

More to document the general decline of society.... I saw this clip on some other channel and now I see A&P are covering it a well...

No, there is no hope for the future...no way to turn it around like you might see in a work of fiction where a happy ending/resolution is usually guaranteed.  It is only going to keep getting worse.  This will seem "not that bad" in comparison to the embarrassing trash the future generations will be like, I'm sure.

Edited by MillionX

No surprise to me. Corporations can say that we own nothing, as what we invest in their own creations it simply benefits them far more in comparison, but it's how it's executed as overrating their own profession, outcomes with it, and their own lives? It's that 5 year old modern haircut mentality of theirs. That is what gets to me for decades now.

59 minutes ago, Emptyeyes_ said:

No surprise to me. Corporations can say that we own nothing, as what we invest in their own creations it simply benefits them far more in comparison, but it's how it's executed as overrating their own profession, outcomes with it, and their own lives? It's that 5 year old modern haircut mentality of theirs. That is what gets to me for decades now.

that reminds me that the disney tron evolution game on steam, had drm. and disney stopped supporting the game and took the server down, and we couldnt play the damn game. and i was like "waaaaiiiit....we paid for the game, we own the game, wtf you mean we can no longer play the game.?!?!?" 

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@axeman61That is surprising because her family backed Dave 100%

That's another weird aspect: even though they defend and back Dave on his comedy in general, they imply she died for other reasons. This article has this quote from her sister:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/dave-chappelle-backed-by-family-of-late-transgender-comedian-daphne-dorman-from-the-closer

“No one knows what life was like for my siblings and I,” she added. “We are products of how we were brought [up]. Dave was the biggest bright spot for Daphne; she was enamored for the first time. Blaming Dave is beyond the wrong thing to do. He helped her and let her be comfortable while talking with him. She had many demons; Dave Chappelle was NOT one of them.”

But I'm still focused on the online mob being fake. It's 100% possible Chappelle just thought there was an online mob bullying her when there wasn't. I don't know how he'd think that if there are no posts suggesting that; maybe secondhand info from his team.

But if he knew from the start there was no online mob, implying they bullied her to suicide is some shady shit.

Edited by axeman61
10 hours ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

What did they say 🤣

Having spent time in the ISS going around the entire Earth every 90 minutes, they can assure that it's not flat. 

When I asked how do you even argue with someone who thinks the Earth is flat, one guy said we have an understanding that the laws of physics are constant everywhere in the universe.  And knowing this, we can predict things, like planets' orbital patterns, and we can test and observe those predictions. This forms a construction of our reality that is provable.  Do flat earthers have an explainable alternative? 

When asked about how his perspective changed after spending time up there, he said he doesn't understand why we fight so much. 

Edited by Chadouken
6 hours ago, Chadouken said:

Do flat earthers have an explainable alternative?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turtles_all_the_way_down

Stephen Hawking incorporates the saying into the beginning of his 1988 book A Brief History of Time:[20]

A well-known scientist (some say it was Bertrand Russell) once gave a public lecture on astronomy. He described how the earth orbits around the sun and how the sun, in turn, orbits around the centre of a vast collection of stars called our galaxy. At the end of the lecture, a little old lady at the back of the room got up and said: "What you have told us is rubbish. The world is really a flat plate supported on the back of a giant tortoise." The scientist gave a superior smile before replying, "What is the tortoise standing on?" "You're very clever, young man, very clever," said the old lady. "But it's turtles all the way down!"

6 hours ago, Chadouken said:

Having spent time in the ISS going around the entire Earth every 90 seconds, they can assure that it's not flat. 

When I asked how do you even argue with someone who thinks the Earth is flat, one guy said we have an understanding that the laws of physics are constant everywhere in the universe.  And knowing this, we can predict things, like planets' orbital patterns, and we can test and observe those predictions. This forms a construction of our reality that is provable.  Do flat earthers have an explainable alternative? 

When asked about how his perspective changed after spending time up there, he said he doesn't understand why we fight so much. 

This is, to me, the most damning evidence against Flat Earth (not that you need much evidence). You can't base anything off of what they say.

If they had validity, they would not only be backed by experiments. You could make new science and principles off of what they say. But still, to this day, it's all about everyone else being wrong. Hell, the one bit of science they did do (that light test in the netflix doc) proves the earth has a curve.

Hollow Earth theory is a fun one that's actually cool, imo... 

Also, imagine if it turns out that the "aliens" were never really alien... they were also natives to this world the whole time; mankind just wasn't generally aware of them.  This is one aspect of the "Gears of War" story I really liked; that the "locust" species were not aliens, nor were they magical "demons" or whatever, despite how horrifying they look---they were on the same world the whole time, and humanity was not aware until "E-day" when they showed up in full force as a threat to all human civilization.

10 hours ago, Chadouken said:

Having spent time in the ISS going around the entire Earth every 90 minutes, they can assure that it's not flat. 

thank God you didnt ask if there were alien/man made structures on the dark side of the moon..or you wouldnt be here right now.

they are quite serious about keeping that secret.

i dont want you to get "suicided"

Edited by VirginDefiler

Underrated Transformers Toys of all time:

G1 Hung-grrr  (1987)

hungrrr.jpg

ddvsck0-83183857-ed44-41d9-8cc2-d31d46d9

-Save for the silver eyes, he has one of the most "accurate" to the animation model toys

=Relatively well proportioned robot mode

-He has head rotation, shoulder rotation, elbow flexion, hip flexion/abduction, "sideways" knees, -9 points of articulation. For reference, most G1 TF's had 2-4 points max.

- The combined Abominus chest plate can act as a shield.

-The 2 headed  dragon mode is a beast mode that has been done in later lines, but this one is great and I believe the first one (along with teammate Sinnerwin)

7 hours ago, VirginDefiler said:

im about to watch Andor for the 1st time. i hear its the best SW tv show disney made. im hyped up for it.

I'd even challenge that statement by saying it's the best Disney Star Wars project. It's a slow burn but stick with it. By the time you get to "The Eye" the show makes you understand what it was setting out to do and did it well. There are also two monologues in that show that honestly are some of the best writing in the saga.

I am not trying to oversell it, but the show made me slow clap. I really hope that Disney continues to release the TV shows on disc. Andor is top-tier Star Wars. 

3 hours ago, Dayaan said:

Cool. How come?

After exiting “The Daily Show” in 2015, Stewart signed a deal with Apple to host a show for the company’s streaming service. But that show came to an end last year due to creative differences.

Jon will only be hosting on Mondays while an interchangeable group of comedians tackles the rest of the week. He will also be the executive producer.

Edited by Jurassic
On 1/22/2024 at 3:56 PM, VirginDefiler said:

that reminds me that the disney tron evolution game on steam, had drm. and disney stopped supporting the game and took the server down, and we couldnt play the damn game. and i was like "waaaaiiiit....we paid for the game, we own the game, wtf you mean we can no longer play the game.?!?!?" 

We need consumer rights laws against things like this. 

This is a dumb question, but how does one google if highways near them are not too icy to travel on? Seems everything I try just gets me weather forecasts and traffic conditions.

Thinking about going an hour away from where I live for something, but I want to know if they iced the highway there as good as they did here. Black ice got me once (years ago), and it won't get me again.

Edited by axeman61
2 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

This is a dumb question, but how does one google if highways near them are not too icy to travel on? Seems everything I try just gets me weather forecasts and traffic conditions.

Try going to the websites for your local TV stations.  If road conditions are bad, it'll be mentioned in the traffic coverage.

Edited by Reticently
19 hours ago, axeman61 said:

I don't know if this is "we broke every emergency glass in the building" activity or they wanted Jon back in the first place. Roy Wood Jr., who corresponded there and wanted the gig, would have been great. I thought he must have been asking for too much, but apparently not if they got Jon back.

Yeah it bums me about Roy, especially that he left the show.

I heard they were looking at Hasan full time, but then that BS New Yorker article came out and they stepped away.