Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

1 hour ago, DoctaMario said:

I didn't know this but apparently CRTs have begun to go for incredible prices with some of the more desirable ones going for $1500-2k. I have a Toshiba monitor crt that I once tried to donate to a local arcade but they didn't seem to want it. But I'm thinking about potentially getting my old NES out of storage and hooking it up. 

If you shop around you can still find them for pretty cheap, but the Trinitrons are going up in price, and a lot of hardcore classic guys have been going after PVMs and the like and those can get pricy if you can't find one locally, and they eat up a lot of depth space if that makes sense. Those tv's are long. They are meant to sit in racks with a bunch of others for broadcast type work, not sitting in your living room playing Mario on lol. Really pretty picture tho. 

Edited by RSG3

Huge Spoilers ahead for both Ghost of Tsushima and The Last of Us 2 ahead, but...

Spoiler

I randomly realized that the horse from Ghost of Tsushima had a better build up to its death than Joel from The Last of Us 2 and that just made me extra sad for some reason.

I don't want to start shit, but good god. How the fuck do you go from "legendary" with TLOU1  to "Fuck it; I don't even care anymore" with TLOU2? I just don't get it.

14 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Every year ppl complain about Mayweather fights then the next year they STILL pay to see him. I love Mayweather but even I knew not to pay to watch him beat some amateur YouTube boxer. Congratulations, yall played yoself 🤣

Paul ain't do shit but hug on a 45 year old man for 8 rounds 🤣

Moment of Goodfellas laugh gif posting for the fools who paid for the PPV and worse paid for tickets to this mess!!

Goodfellas GIF

8 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Every year ppl complain about Mayweather fights then the next year they STILL pay to see him. I love Mayweather but even I knew not to pay to watch him beat some amateur YouTube boxer. Congratulations, yall played yoself 🤣

I love watching older Mayweather fights back when he was still hungry and trying to build his legacy because Floyd IS a great fighter and can do a lot of different stuff. I remember in the Shane Mosley fight, Shane started going real defensive and Floyd started getting more aggressive than I think I've ever seen him get to show him that that wasn't going to fly which was different. 

But Floyd now is just trying to make money now which I can't really blame him for. That said I hhmighly doubt anyone buying these PPVs is expecting a great fight when it's obvious these are exhibitions or "dream matches." Floyd is probably one of the the few fighters who could make matches like this one and McGregor happen. 

1 minute ago, DoctaMario said:

I love watching older Mayweather fights back when he was still hungry and trying to build his legacy because Floyd IS a great fighter and can do a lot of different stuff. I remember in the Shane Mosley fight, Shane started going real defensive and Floyd started getting more aggressive than I think I've ever seen him get to show him that that wasn't going to fly which was different. 

But Floyd now is just trying to make money now which I can't really blame him for. That said I hhmighly doubt anyone buying these PPVs is expecting a great fight when it's obvious these are exhibitions or "dream matches." Floyd is probably one of the the few fighters who could make matches like this one and McGregor happen. 

Ppl expect Floyd to be a knock out artist which if they'd watched his fights (like they do every year) that he's more of a technical, defensive boxer. I just don't know what they're expecting 🤷🏾‍♂️

Me, I'm a fan of technical boxing even tho I'm usually never able to catch a match due to work. I like seeing fighters intelligently pick opponents apart. I can see how that may be "boring" to some, but they need to stop watching him and go watch MMA or some amateur heavyweight boxers if they're looking for slugfest. You don't see me going to Burger King and complain about their lack of seafood 🤣

4 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

I don't even get this whole line of logic. That is all the real reason for any fighter to fight, for the money. No one wrecking their bodies for the fun or for the sport.
Also wouldn't an dream match would be a great match?

8 hours ago, axeman61 said:

Huge Spoilers ahead for both Ghost of Tsushima and The Last of Us 2 ahead, but...

Hide contents

I randomly realized that the horse from Ghost of Tsushima had a better build up to its death than Joel from The Last of Us 2 and that just made me extra sad for some reason.

I don't want to start shit, but good god. How the fuck do you go from "legendary" with TLOU1  to "Fuck it; I don't even care anymore" with TLOU2? I just don't get it.

Spoiler

Cuck-Ma'am DID care.

It took care and deliberate effort to fuck up other, better people's work that badly.

Everything good in TLOU1, was present IN SPITE of Cucky.

Wokeness is social cancer.

2 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Ppl expect Floyd to be a knock out artist which if they'd watched his fights (like they do every year) that he's more of a technical, defensive boxer. I just don't know what they're expecting 🤷🏾‍♂️

Me, I'm a fan of technical boxing even tho I'm usually never able to catch a match due to work. I like seeing fighters intelligently pick opponents apart. I can see how that may be "boring" to some, but they need to stop watching him and go watch MMA or some amateur heavyweight boxers if they're looking for slugfest. You don't see me going to Burger King and complain about their lack of seafood 🤣

Tyson was BOTH though.

Weren't ALL the greats?

1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

I just don't know what they're expecting 🤷🏾‍♂️

for real. 

Floyd is 44. F O R T Y - F O U R

Hasn't fought a legit bout since 2017, and hasn't fought a real top boxing contender in 6 years. 

In his post fight presser he said he only trained 2-3 days a week and this wasn't even the most important thing that happened in his life this week; his daughter graduated high school.

He didn't take this fight cause he needed the cash, he took it cause he knew he didn't have to run a legit camp, that Paul wasn't a real threat, and that he could walk away with a 9 figure paycheck.

I'm just bummed cause it's fanning the flames of the Paul goons. But I gotta say, outside of the suicide forest thing, Logan Paul doesn't seem to be nearly half the dick-wart that his little brother is. 

Edited by KingTubb
52 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

The only people I suspect would expect Floyd to be a knockout artist are people who've never/rarely watched him and know nothing about him. Those can be fun to watch, but I'm like you in that I'd rather watch more technical fighters, and the thing is, there aren't a lot of guys who do what Floyd does as well as he does it and that makes for some interesting fights because his style is such a contrast to most other fighters. 

57 minutes ago, DarkSakul said:

I don't even get this whole line of logic. That is all the real reason for any fighter to fight, for the money. No one wrecking their bodies for the fun or for the sport.
Also wouldn't an dream match would be a great match?

There's a difference between making money fighting guys who are on your level, which will be good fights, and making money fighting people basically for the lulz or guys that have no business being in the ring with you. He started out doing the former and is now doing the latter. He has nothing to prove to anyone, he can do what he wants, and the McGregor fight was definitely a dream match, but let's not pretend like fighting one of the Paul brothers is anything but a way to skeeze money out of people who probably just want to say they watched the fight. 

Well, another old-era tv milf I didn't notice until now....  Margaret Anderson from Father Knows Best.  She's not one of the top tiers, of course...but I wouldn't turn that down.

man this show is old... the one that's on right now is from season 2....originally aired in 1956 according to the description.  Haha my parents were actually kids way back then.

*after this, it's an hour of Dennis the Menace....speaking of the tv milfs... I was definitely a fan of Mrs. Mitchell on that show (actress Gloria Henry)

edit---these old shows are really highlighting the sad reality that most American women generally are NOT like that anymore.... quite a shame. 😞 

Edited by MillionX
7 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

The only people I suspect would expect Floyd to be a knockout artist are people who've never/rarely watched him and know nothing about him. Those can be fun to watch, but I'm like you in that I'd rather watch more technical fighters, and the thing is, there aren't a lot of guys who do what Floyd does as well as he does it and that makes for some interesting fights because his style is such a contrast to most other fighters. 

There's a difference between making money fighting guys who are on your level, which will be good fights, and making money fighting people basically for the lulz or guys that have no business being in the ring with you. He started out doing the former and is now doing the latter. He has nothing to prove to anyone, he can do what he wants, and the McGregor fight was definitely a dream match, but let's not pretend like fighting one of the Paul brothers is anything but a way to skeeze money out of people who probably just want to say they watched the fight. 

I knew better than to pay to see arguably one of the greatest boxers ever beat on some amateur YouTuber. Even if I didn't follow Mayweather, common sense would tell me not to pay for this shit. They need to teach critical thinking in schools cuz ppl completely lack it 🤣

1 minute ago, DoctaMario said:

Tyson was a freak of nature. 

And not all the greats were KO artists, Ali wasn't. 

I'd argue it was simply a matter of the field he had to deal with.

The Greatest also had to deal with what was pretty much the most stacked, GOAT lineup as well.

Which incidentally made him all the more GOAT.

1 minute ago, HD-Man said:

I knew better than to pay to see arguably one of the greatest boxers ever beat on some amateur YouTuber. Even if I didn't follow Mayweather, common sense would tell me not to pay for this shit. They need to teach critical thinking in schools cuz ppl completely lack it 🤣

I only saw the Mayweather/McGregor fight because this club I was playing at that night was having a party for it and invited us back, but I was happy to pay for that first Canelo/GGG fight until the end which pissed me off and I haven't caught up in the others. I need to get back into watching fights. 

4 minutes ago, JHDK said:

I'd argue it was simply a matter of the field he had to deal with.

The Greatest also had to deal with what was pretty much the most stacked, GOAT lineup as well.

Which incidentally made him all the more GOAT.

Tyson was a new breed though. I don't think anyone else was tearing through people like he did before or since. 

As for Ali, the crazy thing about him is, he lost his boxing license during what would have been his prime fighting years (26-30.) We never really got to see him at his peak, and it's scary to imagine how good he would have been had he not taken a forced vacation. 

45 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

I knew better than to pay to see arguably one of the greatest boxers ever beat on some amateur YouTuber.

I only ended up watching it cause I jumped on twitch to just zone out to something while I fell asleep and someone I follow was restreaming it 

sheeeitttt, that Tyson vs. Douglas fight is the main thing I'd bet on if I had a time machine... people would've thought you're crazy betting against Tyson at the time.  It would be such an easy money-making scheme to just bet on sports if you have a time machine....that and the lottery numbers, of course.  Perhaps to stay under the radar a bit... I'd only choose low profile lotto winnings... perhaps a 100k here, another 50k there (some years later)... repeatedly.  It might draw too much attention if you go back in time to win something crazy like the powerball jackpot.. especially if you decided to win multiple times.

Looking up some things on these old shows... I just found out that Gloria Henry actually died recently this year... 

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/05/arts/television/gloria-henry-dead.html

11 hours ago, HD-Man said:

For everybody who put down money to see that, I have only one thing to say to them.................

Charlton-Heston-Crazy-laughing.gif.7b5535f121c9e2807ca8beea17db8e81.gif

In all honesty, I think a lot of people paid hoping Floyd would beat the tar out of the YouTube douchebag.  I hope they got their money's worth, because it sounds like it wasn't worth it.

Edited by Deadly_Raver
4 hours ago, JHDK said:
  Hide contents

Cuck-Ma'am DID care.

It took care and deliberate effort to fuck up other, better people's work that badly.

Everything good in TLOU1, was present IN SPITE of Cucky.

Wokeness is social cancer.

TLOU2's failings are not from "wokeness". They're from general stupidity about how to approach a sequel. You don't need wokeness for that. You just need a poisonous desire to "subvert expectations".

ha, it just hit me---- that Disney/Pixar movie "Brave"... the main character is a redheaded girl....so you know damn well what that means....at the very least it may be a "mixed" brown-ish girl like Zendaya.

In the inevitable live-action remake (and it's due soon... this was from 2012 so it's "old" now), they will only be casting for a black actress to play her since that's the rules.  You could bet money on this shit. 🤣

I'd say the same goes for Jean Grey when they get around to the next iteration of X-men on the big screen.  It is sure to be quite the amusing train wreck for many reasons.  They might even have some woman that looks like Grace Jones from the '80s playing her....and if it was CW making a show...ohooooo that would be even more of a juicy disaster to laugh about.  

33 minutes ago, MillionX said:

ha, it just hit me---- that Disney/Pixar movie "Brave"... the main character is a redheaded girl....so you know damn well what that means....at the very least it may be a "mixed" brown-ish girl like Zendaya.

She was Irish/scottish royalty (I havent seen since the theatrical release, sue me). Pretty sure she's white as the driven snow in that one...or at least she should be. 

Edited by RSG3
2 hours ago, axeman61 said:

TLOU2's failings are not from "wokeness". They're from general stupidity about how to approach a sequel. You don't need wokeness for that. You just need a poisonous desire to "subvert expectations".

Nah.

It is both.

TLOU2 was at the very least, a double-dip in toxicity.