Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

8 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Having a mental battle here, I got in possession of a pretty hard to get item. An associate saw and tried to get it from me. I told him 3+ times I wasn't trying to trade/sell/give it away and eventually relented due to his incessant pressuring.

But honestly, I still don't want to make the exchange and it's been bothering ALL DAY. I like to keep my word but I know I'm gonna be PISSED after I go through with the deal. I'm seriously considering backing out or at the very least renegotiate terms 

I'm leaning towards holding up my end but that voice in the back is like "Nah, fuck that, stick to what you know best". What yall think? 🤔

I personally don't like someone nagging me over something to get me to do what they want, so I say keep it and tell him to stop bothering you.

Mannn I can't get enough of this Kait theme from Gears 5, man...  it fits the whole tone and mood of the story and her character perfectly... this has become one of my favorite tracks in the whole franchise... right up there with "Return of the Omen" from part 2.... it's from Ramin Djawadi... I knew of him already from his work on the intro theme to "The Strain" some years ago... 

Ear-delicious.....sheeeeittt, it makes me want to revisit the story mode, actually.  Despite the flaws of that game (originally; mostly resolved now, imo), there's a lot of good stuff there, and I enjoy the characters and that world soooo much.  Gears also has some of the most emotional moments I've ever seen in a game; not quite what you'd expect from something that is primarily a "big action movie/shoot everybody!" kind of thing.

Edited by MillionX

heh, Jody went in on this shit... 

This is one of those rare times where I don't care about hearing spoilers... I probably won't watch it so I went ahead and started checking people's reactions to the show....so far, the more I hear about this Loki show, the worse it sounds, imo.

Spoiler

only putting this in the spoiler box in case it spoils something in a "generic" way----In real life or fiction, I also never liked the idea of a predetermined destiny... since it naturally removes the concept of living beings having true free will.  It means that xyz was ALWAYS going to happen, and there is nothing anyone or anything can do about it.  

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, MillionX said:

heh, Jody went in on this shit... 

This is one of those rare times where I don't care about hearing spoilers... I probably won't watch it so I went ahead and started checking people's reactions to the show....so far, the more I hear about this Loki show, the worse it sounds, imo.

Hide contents

only putting this in the spoiler box in case it spoils something in a "generic" way----In real life or fiction, I also never liked the idea of a predetermined destiny... since it naturally removes the concept of living beings having true free will.  It means that xyz was ALWAYS going to happen, and there is nothing anyone or anything can do about it.  

LOL the show is gonna deal with your spoiler. 

Actually let me explain further.. 

Spoiler

Destiny is bullshit in marvel. Destiny goes against the very nature of loki. He hates that idea he doesn't have control. The show is gonna Def delve into this as well as who decided this predetermined path. If you read marvel long enough you realize it's all flimsy at best.. It's very fluid nothing is for certain in terms of the marvel timeline. It's constantly changing

Edited by Maxx
1 hour ago, DoctaMario said:

Chinese movement. Which I'm told isnt as accurate as Swiss or Japanese, but I guess time will tell (haha) 

Yeah, Chinese movement is kinda buttcheeks (Japan movement is too tbh), but you will usually see those in the licensed and promotional style watches. 

51 minutes ago, Reiraku said:

Yeah, Chinese movement is kinda buttcheeks (Japan movement is too tbh), but you will usually see those in the licensed and promotional style watches. 

I don't own any Swiss movement watches, so I can't say for sure, but Japan movement has come a long way from what I understand. Not sure if it's a palpable difference or if it's like cigars where everyone keeps saying Cubans are the best even though there are cigars that are equal or better. This is the only Chinese movement watch I have so I'll be interested to see how it holds up. The directions are all in Chinese though, so I'm not entirely sure how to set the GMT yet.

I know some EVO attendants liked Chipotle because it was cheap

Chipotle will increase its menu prices as labor costs rise.

merlin_184253241_241cf5b7-5aca-4e36-9d59

Fast-food burrito chain Chipotle will raise menu prices to cover the rising cost of labor to attract Americans back to work after the Democrats continued with extra-generous jobless benefits, the company announced Tuesday.

Executives will raise menu prices by about 4 percent to cover the cost of the increased employee wages, the New York Times reported.

This follows a Times report in May that said Chipotle was “looking to hire 20,000 employees for its peak season and to staff the more than 200 restaurants it plans to open this year,” noting that employees would have an hourly wage increase between $10 and $18 an hour. At the time, the fast-food chain was one of the latest to raise wages to entice more Americans to work, as the county started to reopen from the pandemic.

According to the Times, the higher cost of labor translates to having to raise their food prices.

“We really prefer not to [raise the prices],” Chipotle chief executive Brian Niccol said Tuesday. “But it made sense in this scenario to invest in our employees and get these restaurants staffed, and make sure we had the pipeline of people to support our growth.”

Due to the benefits continuing, “businesses say that they cannot hire enough workers to fill positions because of the government’s enhanced unemployment benefits program.”

For reasons such as this, restaurant chains are being forced to increase wages to attract new candidates for jobs. This is “a stark contrast from earlier this year when Congress was debating raising the minimum wage to $15 an hour, and the restaurant industry argued such a move would imperil the economic recovery,” the Times added.

Evidently, Chipotle executives said that despite the increase in the price of food, the items remain reasonable, the Times reported. Mr. Niccol noted that their price increase to about 4 percent equates to “quarters and dimes that we’re layering in.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/09/business/chipotle-higher-prices-wages.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

Japanese movements are pretty good, but the old workhorse Seiko NH35 is now being made in Malaysia and people say it ain't what it used to be.  (Seiko fit and finish ain't what it used to be either.)  Of course, the $30 Japanese movement isn't going to have the engineering of a $200 Swiss movement.

I think the issue with Chinese movements is that they're all kind of beige-box type deals, so it's hard to know if any particular one is good or bad.

21 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

I know some EVO attendants liked Chipotle because it was cheap

merlin_184253241_241cf5b7-5aca-4e36-9d59

Fast-food burrito chain Chipotle will raise menu prices to cover the rising cost of labor to attract Americans back to work after the Democrats continued with extra-generous jobless benefits, the company announced Tuesday.

Executives will raise menu prices by about 4 percent to cover the cost of the increased employee wages, the New York Times reported.

This follows a Times report in May that said Chipotle was “looking to hire 20,000 employees for its peak season and to staff the more than 200 restaurants it plans to open this year,” noting that employees would have an hourly wage increase between $10 and $18 an hour. At the time, the fast-food chain was one of the latest to raise wages to entice more Americans to work, as the county started to reopen from the pandemic.

According to the Times, the higher cost of labor translates to having to raise their food prices.

“We really prefer not to [raise the prices],” Chipotle chief executive Brian Niccol said Tuesday. “But it made sense in this scenario to invest in our employees and get these restaurants staffed, and make sure we had the pipeline of people to support our growth.”

Due to the benefits continuing, “businesses say that they cannot hire enough workers to fill positions because of the government’s enhanced unemployment benefits program.”

For reasons such as this, restaurant chains are being forced to increase wages to attract new candidates for jobs. This is “a stark contrast from earlier this year when Congress was debating raising the minimum wage to $15 an hour, and the restaurant industry argued such a move would imperil the economic recovery,” the Times added.

Evidently, Chipotle executives said that despite the increase in the price of food, the items remain reasonable, the Times reported. Mr. Niccol noted that their price increase to about 4 percent equates to “quarters and dimes that we’re layering in.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/09/business/chipotle-higher-prices-wages.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

I didnt need to eat at Chipotle anymore either. 

Everyone keeps going "If we raise wages then a big mac will cost 30 dollars!!!"

Good. May they go out of business and be replaced by someone far better. 

4 hours ago, Maxx said:

Send help. My friend believes the covid vaccine causes magnetism 😂 this is so dumb, like it takes 5 seconds to break his logic and he still fighting through. 

What?

Charlton-Heston-Crazy-laughing.gif.a07f76c678d34003f71e8dae4d684633.gif

If it caused magnetism I'd be chugging that shit with no chaser.  On top of that, every computer in the country would be an epileptic paperweight by now.  Of all the side effects that may come from the poke, Turning into Magneto-lite isn't going to be one of them.  Trust me.

1 hour ago, iStu X said:

Since when has chipotle ever been cheap. 😂

When someone else paid for it. 

39 minutes ago, Deadly_Raver said:

What?

Charlton-Heston-Crazy-laughing.gif.a07f76c678d34003f71e8dae4d684633.gif

If it caused magnetism I'd be chugging that shit with no chaser.  On top of that, every computer in the country would be an epileptic paperweight by now.  Of all the side effects that may come from the poke, Turning into Magneto-lite isn't going to be one of them.  Trust me.

This is getting out of hand. You have this and folk really worried about extra-terrestrials visiting us when (collectively) people argue that skin-tone isn't just a concentration of a pigment, the Earth isn't flat, and that chocolate milk comes from brown cows. 

2 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

Chipotle near me is crap, and at best they are average at worst the health Dept needs to get involved. 

Seeing they are raising their prices just keeps me away from their shitty chain. 

2 hours ago, iStu X said:

Since when has chipotle ever been cheap.

They use cheap ingredients, cut corners, re-date old product so they can sell it again.  
Oh you mean how much the charge? 🤣

1 hour ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

When someone else paid for it. 

This is getting out of hand. You have this and folk really worried about extra-terrestrials visiting us when (collectively) people argue that skin-tone isn't just a concentration of a pigment, the Earth isn't flat, and that chocolate milk comes from brown cows. 

I asked my cousin did he develop super powers after getting the vaccine as a joke but ppl believe that shit fr 🤣

On another, telling me I might get powers if I get the shot goes a long way into convincing me to take it. Weed and money ain't enough lmao

Edited by HD-Man

Not saying this is it,but you may have acid reflux (GERD). Nighttime dry cough that wakes you out if sleep is a telltale sign.

Try to wait 3 hours after eating to sleep or lie down. 

Slowly try to reduce greasy food and caffeine.

Sleep with extra pillows that lift your head/chest so that you are at an angle.

Stop smoking (if you do) 

Get checked out by a doctor/arnp and tell them your concerns at your next visit.

Edited by DangerousJ

Antenna has a "Who's the Boss?" marathon on at the moment... though for some reason they aren't playing episodes in the normal chronological order.  Y'know, Judith Light was pretty damn cute back then... she had a significant flaw in that she had/has absolutely NO booty... but I still wouldn't turn it down.

She was later on a short-lived sitcom that no one else remembers called Phenom, where she was the mother to a cute blonde girl that played tennis.  I think that only was on for a few episodes, maybe 1 season at best.

ooh, current episode----she's drunk... Tony's drunk too and they will kiss at some point and forget whatever else happened after that... yeahhhh this is a hot one... it's season 1 episode 22....well, they didn't waste much time getting down to some real deal with the romantic tension here.  

*edit---her overall hotness was magnified big-time when she had the big nerdy glasses on.

Edited by MillionX

I had to look up this classic again... 

The Office Lol GIF

edit---actually that reminds me...I did indeed have that internal "Code Brown" alert one time shortly before my class session started at the fitness place I was going to (before pandemic fucked everything up)... fortunately, I also had the habit of going to the nearby Kroger anyway before that.... so yeah I had to unload the brown tsunami in a Kroger bathroom that early morning....still made it in time for the gym.... I was nice and "cleared out" just in time.

Edited by MillionX
5 hours ago, RSG3 said:

I didnt need to eat at Chipotle anymore either. 

Everyone keeps going "If we raise wages then a big mac will cost 30 dollars!!!"

Good. May they go out of business and be replaced by someone far better. 

Thing is, this will keep happening and at some point, somewhere you do want to eat will raise their prices because minimum wage workers demand more. I have a friend who works at a retirement home as an event coordinator, but they can't get people to come back to work, so now in addition to what she was doing before, she's now the cook, and something else. She's essentially working three jobs because the government is creating an unsustainable situation. The money to pay those folks more has to come from somewhere, and that somewhere is going to be folks like you and me. 

Eventually the government will stop giving out benefits like they have and people will have to go back to work. I don't blame them for keeping on the benefits especially if those benefits pay more than their former jobs, but this is an unsustainable situation. 

1 hour ago, DangerousJ said:

Not saying this is it,but you may have acid reflux (GERD). Nighttime dry cough that wakes you out if sleep is a telltale sign.

Try to wait 3 hours after eating to sleep or lie down. 

Slowly try to reduce greasy food and caffeine.

Sleep with extra pillows that lift your head/chest so that you are at an angle.

Stop smoking (if you do) 

Get checked out by a doctor/arnp and tell them your concerns at your next visit.

Pretty much all this.  

Speaking of the GERD, I'm having to go get a scope run down my throat tomorrow.  Of course, they wanted me to take a bunch of stuff to clean out my system before hand.

............On that note, fuck you dulcolax and miralax.  your product does what it is meant to do.........whether you're ready or not.  Barely 20 minutes after taking that stuff and it's OFF to the races.  I don't know what they are going to find tomorrow, but I know one thing they won't find:  Food.  There is NOTHING left in me but an emptiness to rival the hunger of Galactus.  After tomorrow, I'm going to find a steak and tear into it Godzilla style.  

18 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Thing is, this will keep happening and at some point, somewhere you do want to eat will raise their prices because minimum wage workers demand more. I have a friend who works at a retirement home as an event coordinator, but they can't get people to come back to work, so now in addition to what she was doing before, she's now the cook, and something else. She's essentially working three jobs because the government is creating an unsustainable situation. The money to pay those folks more has to come from somewhere, and that somewhere is going to be folks like you and me. 

Eventually the government will stop giving out benefits like they have and people will have to go back to work. I don't blame them for keeping on the benefits especially if those benefits pay more than their former jobs, but this is an unsustainable situation. 

Of course it is, but it's also shining a very serious light on how these corporations are being subsidized by the gov so they can pay trash wages. Either way you and I pay and id rather pay by paying people more then letting big Corp pocket it and if that means we lose garbage food options that give us garbage food and garbage service because the employees are miserable I am fine with that. That's a bunch of restaurants other people can take over and potentially do better. What we currently have as a work force is also unsustainable. We are gonna be dealing with a real workforce shortage like Japan because people are having less kids because they can't afford it. Im the oldest of 7. Only two of us have kids and they are the only two who ever intend to. 

Keeping wages depressed is a far bigger unsustainable problem. 

With that said I made that post at work and didn't give the article the time it deserved. I sat down and did the math and the cost is going up 38 cents too off set the wages. 

I am 100% fine with that. So I take my initial post on the subject back.  I willingly give bigger tips then that. So money where my mouth is I am actually happy to pay that. 

Edited by RSG3
55 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Of course it is, but it's also shining a very serious light on how these corporations are being subsidized by the gov so they can pay trash wages. Either way you and I pay and id rather pay by paying people more then letting big Corp pocket it and if that means we lose garbage food options that give us garbage food and garbage service because the employees are miserable I am fine with that. That's a bunch of restaurants other people can take over and potentially do better. What we currently have as a work force is also unsustainable. We are gonna be dealing with a real workforce shortage like Japan because people are having less kids because they can't afford it. Im the oldest of 7. Only two of us have kids and they are the only two who ever intend to. 

Keeping wages depressed is a far bigger unsustainable problem. 

With that said I made that post at work and didn't give the article the time it deserved. I sat down and did the math and the cost is going up 38 cents too off set the wages. 

I am 100% fine with that. So I take my initial post on the subject back.  I willingly give bigger tips then that. So money where my mouth is I am actually happy to pay that. 

It's not so much keeping wages depressed as much as it's that those jobs are jobs that they can find anyone to do in normal times, especially in economically depressed areas.

If they blanket bump up the minimum wage to $15, prices will go up in a lot of areas, not just fast food. There are minimum/low wage workers in healthcare, geriatric care, child care, grocery, pharmacy, and a lot of other industries that you wouldn't guess, and the costs of those things will go up to accommodate the wage increase. The corporations will still pocket the same amount, and they'll likely get the same government subsidies they were getting before, but now you and I are paying more and little else has changed.

But the cost increase that will inevitably happen will basically just take us back to start. The people who got the raise will eventually be in the same place they were before because prices will go up on things they buy too, they'll  have more money but it will only go about as far as it did before. Only difference will be that the numbers are bigger. 

31 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

It's not so much keeping wages depressed as much as it's that those jobs are jobs that they can find anyone to do in normal times, especially in economically depressed areas.

Doesnt matter, inflation happens regardless. You can't cry about a boogie that is already happening as a way to say wages should stay where they are. Things are more expensive regardless of raised wages, and we've seen proven time and again that raising wages doesn't have a devastating price hike effect on cost, so it's not really a good excuse imo. Cost is raising regardless, if you just ignore this fact to keep wages low then you just fuck over the poor and middle class, all so you can have a poison burger for 5 bucks.  Even the other industries you mentioned. Health care is a fucking joke, home care for the elderly is a fucking joke, especially for the cost. Those industries take advantage of patients and customers and treat their staff like garbage ask any nurse or home care tech. It's designed to keep you sick and needing to keep pay g for care. It's trash. 

Americans need to raise their standards and be willing to pay 50c more for food that isn't activley trying to kill them, or product designed to break and not last, or health t hats only the best in the world if your willing to take a second mortgage on your home to get it. Stop settling for cheap shit, raise wages and raise your standards. 

Edited by RSG3
28 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

If they blanket bump up the minimum wage to $15, prices will go up in a lot of areas, not just fast food. There are minimum/low wage workers in healthcare, geriatric care, child care, grocery, pharmacy, and a lot of other industries that you wouldn't guess, and the costs of those things will go up to accommodate the wage increase. The corporations will still pocket the same amount, and they'll likely get the same government subsidies they were getting before, but now you and I are paying more and little else has changed.

But the cost increase that will inevitably happen will basically just take us back to start. The people who got the raise will eventually be in the same place they were before because prices will go up on things they buy too, they'll  have more money but it will only go about as far as it did before. Only difference will be that the numbers are bigger. 

Yes, but as you say:

The corporations will pocket the same amount.

That's the problem.

That is the ethical issue.

9 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Doesnt matter, inflation happens regardless. 

Sure it does, but it happens more when the government prints money endlessly without thinking about it. Bad financial policies like this are part of why we are where we are. You can say "x industry is a joke, people should raise their standards" but people on the low end of the economic spectrum are the ones who will get fucked the most when prices go up. Sure, it's only 50 cents here and there, but that adds up, especially at the grocery store.

9 hours ago, JHDK said:

Yes, but as you say:

The corporations will pocket the same amount.

That's the problem.

That is the ethical issue.

The ethical issue is that the government rewards them with bailouts, tax incentives, and corporate welfare with taxpayer money rather than using that money to do for the taxpayers. The government creates and enables the situation that allows the corps to make those profits and government & corps are two sides of the same coin, neither have quite as much power without the other. If the government would stop trying to prop them up, the market would be all true better for it, but we've been living under terrible financial policies for so long that people actually think the things I just mentioned are "capitalism."  They aren't. They anti capitalism really.

Edited by DoctaMario