Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

Timestamped. Just this clip from 12 years ago is coming into fruition slowly but surely with inflation and everything else going on right now. If you read the TV headlines and newspaper headlines in this timestamped clip then you will see stuff like "western crime rates soar" "hyper inflation", etc. Listen to the last narrator talking about the "in-group" like the banksters and government. Think January 6 was bad. What's coming next will make January 6 look like a walk in the park. This Russia/Ukraine thing is just the beginning.

14 hours ago, VirginDefiler said:

i wish bitch mcConnell n the rest of the repubs had just voted to ban him out of politics cuz of jan 6th. but they didnt now we gotta keep putting up with his bs.

What little actual "democracy" we have left would be gone if we started letting politicians themselves decide who could run or not.

1 hour ago, DoctaMario said:

What little actual "democracy" we have left would be gone if we started letting politicians themselves decide who could run or not.

i would normally not bar trump from running again, but the jan 6th fiasco, he went too far in putting the vp n congress in mortal jeopordy. imo thats bannable offense. he was iresponsible and people died that day over his narcissistic ego driven tomfoolery. and more could have died if the crowd had gotten in sooner.

edit

in regards to his indictments. i disagree. they should just leave him alone n let him retire.

but they do it to bar him from politics. but its silly tbh.

then he is forced to run for pres just to avoid indictments. 

Edited by VirginDefiler
13 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I may be misinterpreting it, but I think what he's saying is that the Republicans refused to punish him for his activities on January 6th, which is why he is allowed to run again. 

Yeah that's how I read it. During his second impeachment trial they acquitted him, even though McConnell immediately said afterwards that Trump was responsible. They just didn't hold him accountable when they had the chance to, and now we have criminal indictments. I wonder how far the DOJ would have pursued those charges had Trump been found guilty during the impeachment hearing and barred from running again.

1 minute ago, Chadouken said:

Yeah that's how I read it. During his second impeachment trial they acquitted him, even though McConnell immediately said afterwards that Trump was responsible. They just didn't hold him accountable when they had the chance to, and now we have criminal indictments. I wonder how far the DOJ would have pursued those charges had Trump been found guilty during the impeachment hearing and barred from running again.

I think the Republicans were scared of losing his supporters and assumed that he wouldn't be popular enough to win another nomination. So they took the coward's way out and it's biting them in the ass. I think they assumed DeSantis would run away with things and his campaign has fallen flat on it's face. 

Interesting/odd that it's not already a felony to fake a kidnapping there in Alabama, apparently:

https://news.yahoo.com/alabama-lawmaker-wants-faking-kidnapping-153403985.html

(*I wonder how long until we see Carlee live on social media in the future practically laughing and gloating about the fact that none of it was a big deal for her and her life went on just fine afterwards, because she's a "Queen" and all that jazz.  That's what I expect, at least.)

On another note---there's a series I'm just now noticing on History called "Dark Marvels"

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt28152000/

They have the cool stuff on there from the days when mankind let that sadistic creativity truly shine...devices like the Pear of Anguish, the Brazen Bull, Iron Maiden, etc. etc.  The one episode I was watching the other night also had a chair that was built like the iron maiden... so it's all spikes but they also light a fire under the chair, so you're sitting on spikes but also being burned to death at the same time.  The Brazen bull is the most genius sadistic torture/murder device, imo... it takes a truly "special" kind of sinister mind to come up with something like that.  

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, VirginDefiler said:

i would normally not bar trump from running again, but the jan 6th fiasco, he went too far in putting the vp n congress in mortal jeopordy. imo thats bannable offense. he was iresponsible and people died that day over his narcissistic ego driven tomfoolery. and more could have died if the crowd had gotten in sooner.

edit

in regards to his indictments. i disagree. they should just leave him alone n let him retire.

but they do it to bar him from politics. but its silly tbh.

then he is forced to run for pres just to avoid indictments. 

The whole thing seems like more of a Rorschach test of whether you support Trump and are willing to give him the benefit of the doubt or whether you hate him and will assume the worst of everything he says. And if we're going to go there, then we should revisit some of the things various people in Congress said in 2020 that could have been interpreted to be advocating for riots (which I don't think we should do btw.)

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I may be misinterpreting it, but I think what he's saying is that the Republicans refused to punish him for his activities on January 6th, which is why he is allowed to run again. 

I don't know what they could have meaningfully done to "punish" him, especially since he wasn't going to be president for much longer

Edited by DoctaMario
3 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

I don't know what they could have meaningfully done to "punish" him, especially since he wasn't going to be president for much longer. Congress can't punish a civilian, much less a civilian who can't be proven to have done what they allege beyond a reasonable doubt.

If he was convicted during second impeachment, he would have been barred from running for President again. 

13 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Larry's so dumb lol. I honestly think he's kind of a bad interviewer lol. 

To be fair, the unfortunate thing is is that there are a ton of people who misconceptions on how much the majority of actors, actresses  (voice actors and actreses included in this)  and writers make we think all of them are just making bank and living the good life when it's really only if you becomes a superstar that it starts to get that way.   It's been a problem that's been coming further and further into the light with AI coming to the forfront and break down with the talks involved in the strikes.  Yeah what he said is pretty ignorant and there are a lot of people out there who definitely in the same boat as Larry. 

Side note: I just started watching Community with my wife and I'm just now finding out from this video that Abed is Huey Duck.  Ducktales 2017 had so much good talent in its roster.

39 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

If he was convicted during second impeachment, he would have been barred from running for President again. 

That impeachment was built on some real difficult to prove stuff. It seemed destined to fail, especially since we already knew he hadn't won the election

Edited by DoctaMario
2 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

That impeachment was built on some real difficult to prove stuff. It seemed destined to fail, especially since we already knew he hadn't won the election

They politicized the situation when the bulk of them thought he was guilty. The audio that ended up getting released showed how they really felt. They down played things in public while saying he was at fault behind close doors. They played politics with the situation now they are reaping what they sowed. You'd think after they took Trump for a joke during the Republican primaries they'd learn. Nope, they didn't learn a thing. 

3 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

To be fair, the unfortunate thing is is that there are a ton of people who misconceptions on how much the majority of actors, actresses  (voice actors and actreses included in this)  and writers make

It's literally his job to research his guests, how did he think Daniel Pudi makes private jet money?

The guy whose whole gimmick is to eat hot wings with his guests and torture them under spicy sauce does more research and asks better questions then veteran ass Larry King. 

Edited by RSG3
44 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

It's literally his job to research his guests, how did he think Daniel Pudi makes private jet money?

The guy whose whole gimmick is to eat hot wings with his guests and torture them under spicy sauce does more research and asks better questions then veteran ass Larry King. 

At that point of his career I don't think Larry King gave a shit. I got the impression that he was more interested in cranking out interviews to fill a time slot.

2 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Blue checkmark people can now hide their checkmark.

SMH

Edit:

There's a weird level of... brilliance?... in Elon taking one of Twitter's best features and completely fucking it up in less than a year. To go from all the shit I heard you had to do to verify and get a blue check to it now being desirable to be able to hide it if you don't want people to know you have it? Crazy.

Edited by axeman61