Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

man, I'm having to get caught up now... I hate that I fell asleep and didn't see the debate live.... I'm sure the live commentary in youtube chat on the various channels covering it was golden.

ah, they brought up the crime problem--- I look forward to the predictable "dis right heah is racis!!" complaints by "hotep" types whenever some harsh measures finally get put in place to take care of things.  Fuck "Pookie and Ray-Ray" and "Deebo", let those dumb pieces of shit rot away in gen-pop forever worrying about being made someone's bitch when they drop the soap.

Costco CEO says theft in Big Box Stores is up due to self check out. 

https://www.thestreet.com/retailers/costco-has-an-answer-to-the-theft-problems-at-walmart-and-target

"First, we are asked often about our inventory shrinkage results and whether it has dramatically increased in the past year versus historical shrink results. The answer is no," he said. "In the past several years, our inventory shrink has increased by a couple of basis points, in part, we believe, due to the rollout of self-checkout."

And yup, staff your store roperly instead of finding every way you can to run a skeleton crew for cheap and your shrink goes down significantly. 

1 minute ago, RSG3 said:

https://www.thestreet.com/retailers/costco-has-an-answer-to-the-theft-problems-at-walmart-and-target

And yup, staff your store roperly instead of finding every way you can to run a skeleton crew for cheap and your shrink goes down significantly. 

This is one of the biggest no shit moments in history lmao

1 hour ago, DangerousJ said:

First Trailer for 

Argylle directed by Matthew Vaughn

Ok---first we got one of the greatest songs ever produced for the front end of the trailer with the god that is David Bowie's "Let's Dance"... then it appears to have cool action sequences...and then on top of that the gorgeous wonderful Bryce Dallas Howard is front and center.  This has made one hell of a good first impression with me.

Edited by MillionX

My 6 year old was talking about how cool it would be to mutate like the characters in TMNT, so we talked about how mutation in real life is very different from how it works in stories.  It got me thinking about other things that are different between TMNT and the real world.

TMNT: mutation leads to hybrid animal super powers

Real Life:  mutation usually does nothing and at worst gives you cancer

TMNT:  anthropomorphic animals lead tragic lonely lives of romantic rejection/isolation

Real Life:  there are plenty of women who would definitely fuck a turtle

Edited by Reticently
5 minutes ago, Reticently said:

My 6 year old was talking about how cool it would be to mutate like the characters in TMNT, so we talked about how mutation in real life is very different from how it works in stories.  It got me thinking about other things that are different between TMNT and the real world.

TMNT: mutation leads to hybrid animal super powers

Real Life:  mutation usually does nothing and at worst gives you cancer

TMNT:  anthropomorphic animals lead tragic lonely lives of romantic rejection/isolation

Real Life:  there are plenty of women who would definitely fuck a turtle

The thing about mutation in reality is one of the many things that eventually lead me to the conclusion that God's true identity is actually Debbie Downer/Bob Bummer.  Anything we can envision in fiction that's awesome.... when it comes to how it is in reality, God is the asshole that's like "...well ACTUALLY..." with a sly smirk as He ruins our fun for the trillionth time, because that's just how He rolls.  That's what He's all about, really.

...like it wouldn't surprise me if elsewhere in the universe, there's a species like mindflayer/illithids, vampires and werewolves for real... except of course they are nowhere near as cool and interesting as the creatures we've seen in games, tv shows and movies.  Or perhaps there's actual "saiyajin" race out there----but in reality they're half as strong as we are, and have a life expectancy of only a couple of days..and they don't even like fighting that much.......and they're not even advanced; they're currently in the hunter/gatherer stage at the moment.  They'll go extinct before hitting the age of discovering space travel.  

Or... there's actually an "infinity gem" in existence for real... but the only power it grants you is the ability to magically conjure up a small glass of water that's half full.... and you can only do this one time.  Also you get HIV for some reason if you drink the water.

1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

For real. I've "gotten used" to self-checkout the same way I've "gotten used" to ticketmaster fees. It's something I have to deal with because of greedy assholes. If I could have people checking me out I would MUCH prefer that. But of course the greedy assholes will blame everything but themselves when they take a hit.

Self checkout in general just makes petty theft so much easier to the point that the majority of people who would probably never steal have probably at least thought about it while standing in line.  I've walked into a CVS and there's nobody at the counter, just the self check out and they just got people roaming the store.  Nobody is checking receipts.  There's literally nothing standing in the way of me just grabbing a bag of candy just because and put it with my other stuff, putting it in my bag, and walking out the store aside from my own morals..  I really don't know what they thought the end result was going to be when you give people in general too much the benefit of the doubt.  I've seen that shit working first hand at Gamestop when they stupidly told one of these times to leave games 14.99 and under in the cases during one of the holidays I was working there.  Thought it was one of the absolute dumbest things that corporate issues down on us and LO AND BEHOLD...massive amounts of shrink.  There are some people who just steal shit regardless of what it is if they're given an opportunity to do so...even if it's Ninjabread Man at less than $5.

Edited by Sonichuman
19 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Self checkout in general just makes petty theft so much easier to the point that the majority of people who would probably never steal have probably at least thought about it while standing in line.

I've accidentally stolen a few things in self checkout. And I've also accidentally paid for shit and left it there 😂

13 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Viveks a fucking moron so he makes for an easy target. 

Vivek fumbled the political bag. Dude was virtual unknown, had surging popularity, and decided that kissing Trumps ass while giving trash takes was the ticket to success. What a fucking goof ball.

6 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

I've accidentally stolen a few things in self checkout. And I've also accidentally paid for shit and left it there 😂

If I had to sum up Chad in one post 😂

Edited by Darc_Requiem
47 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Self checkout in general just makes petty theft so much easier to the point that the majority of people who would probably never steal have probably at least thought about it while standing in line.  I've walked into a CVS and there's nobody at the counter, just the self check out and they just got people roaming the store.  Nobody is checking receipts.  There's literally nothing standing in the way of me just grabbing a bag of candy just because with my other stuff and putting it in my bag and walking out the store aside from my own morals..  I really don't know what they thought the end result was going to be when you give people in general too much the benefit of the doubt.  I've seen that shit working first hand at Gamestop when they stupidly told one of these times to leave games 14.99 and under in the cases during one of the holidays I was working there.  Thought it was one of the absolute dumbest things that corporate issues down on us and LO AND BEHOLD...massive amounts of shrink.  There are some people who just steal shit regardless of what it is if they're given an opportunity to do so...even if it's Ninjabread Man at less than $5.

spacer.png

"There is one goal, and one goal alone in the education system: To prepare children to enter careers to be productive members of society. It is not a counceling session, it is not a help self area, it is not a area to find yourself, and we should not be led by the children!"

Well at least she knows schools there to turn her child into an obedient, never questioning, always behaving, always listening cog in the machine. Her children will make wonderful worker drones for Elon on Mars. 

Edited by RSG3

haha I just looked up what "mallu" means.

I'd bone the absolute hell out of Liza K. though... I've been keeping tabs on her for years, ever since she was "just" a moderately successful youtuber...but yeah she is insanely cute and I'd jump at the chance to get with that.

*some random shit I thought of thanks to a thread on reddit--- what if you met an alternate reality version of yourself that's female, and presumably hot... would you hit it?  In terms of the actual relationship I'd assume things would be perfect, since it's you in a relationship with yourself.  

And then... would the resulting offspring be normal if you happened to get your alternate self pregnant? It may effectively be like incest, and thus the resulting child could be messed up in some horrible way.

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, MillionX said:

haha I just looked up what "mallu" means.

I'd bone the absolute hell out of Liza K. though... I've been keeping tabs on her for years, ever since she was "just" a moderately successful youtuber...but yeah she is insanely cute and I'd jump at the chance to get with that.

*some random shit I thought of thanks to a thread on reddit--- what if you met an alternate reality version of yourself that's female, and presumably hot... would you hit it?  In terms of the actual relationship I'd assume things would be perfect, since it's you in a relationship with yourself.  

And then... would the resulting offspring be normal if you happened to get your alternate self pregnant? It may effectively be like incest, and thus the resulting child could be messed up in some horrible way.

That literally was the plot to some shit I was saw on the Playboy channel at age 12. Ah the good old days. Anyone else have a cable  "descrambler" back in the day? We had basic cable but we didn't have basic cable 👀

5 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Self checkout in general just makes petty theft so much easier to the point that the majority of people who would probably never steal have probably at least thought about it while standing in line.  I've walked into a CVS and there's nobody at the counter, just the self check out and they just got people roaming the store.  Nobody is checking receipts.  There's literally nothing standing in the way of me just grabbing a bag of candy just because with my other stuff and putting it in my bag and walking out the store aside from my own morals..  I really don't know what they thought the end result was going to be when you give people in general too much the benefit of the doubt.  I've seen that shit working first hand at Gamestop when they stupidly told one of these times to leave games 14.99 and under in the cases during one of the holidays I was working there.  Thought it was one of the absolute dumbest things that corporate issues down on us and LO AND BEHOLD...massive amounts of shrink.  There are some people who just steal shit regardless of what it is if they're given an opportunity to do so...even if it's Ninjabread Man at less than $5.

Funnily enough one of the reasons almost every walmart stopped being 24/7 stores was due to shrink/theft but not due to self-checkout. It was due to overnight being a skeleton crew. On average about 60-75% of Walmart's shrink/theft happened during 3rd shift (11pm-7am) due to lack of staff.  Walmart was being too stubborn/cheap to hire more overnight crew. Covid was the perfect out for them. 

Most theft/shrink in walmart isn't even done at self checkout. Not to say a ton of shrink/theft isn't done at selfcheck but its not nearly as much as people think. Most of It's done in impulse aisles and/or the collectibles/toys aisles. The only other section that sees the amount of shrink/theft those departments do is the baby section due to baby formula generally being the #1 stolen item in walmart stores. 

I have first hand experience with all this as I worked for walmart with four years and talked to our Lost Prevention staff on the regular. 

oh, also, like RSG3 said the other day, most people don't get paid enough to give a shit about stuff being stolen. Also, also, the first thing you learn when training at any majorr retail job is you do not approach anyone you suspect of theft unless you are in loss prevention or you're a manager. So even if you see someone actually steal something it doesn't matter. You do not approach them with the intent of stopping them/catching them/whatever. You can actually get fired if you go against this rule. You just notify a member of management or LP.  

Last edit: Also, keep this in mind, if Walmart was really worried about shrink/theft during self check out they wouldn't be adding more and more of them to every store on top of having walmarts in major cities that are Self Checkout with absolutely no employees except to overnight stock and to collect money.

Edited by iStu X

That has to be frustrating from a rideshare perspective if someone saying they didn't get their food and but they did and it's just got like 1 thing wrong with it that may not even necessarily be the dasher's fault.  They probably need to start doing like Amazon and take pictures of the delivery after dropping it off at the address.  My wife and I have gotten the stuff incorrect in our orders before and they just refunded us for that part but being able to cancel the whole order and say "I never got my food" when the whole thing is not wrong is out of line.

Edited by Sonichuman
32 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Word is that Keefe dude was constantly bragging in videos about being the driver in the Tupac murder, even heard rumors Diddy put the hit out. Wild how almost 30 years later they get him, all he had to do was stfu and he wouldve got away with it 

Most criminals get caught because they tell on themselves. 

4 hours ago, Reticently said:

My ex was in the Japanese language program at CMU during Obama's first presidential win, and one of the guest professors straight from Japan was talking to the students at the end of their class one day about how she was super excited to be going to her first American erection party.

Japanese has been fun for me this erection season as well.

On 9/28/2023 at 11:22 AM, axeman61 said:

If I could have people checking me out I would MUCH prefer that.

People check me out on a daily basis. It gets really awkward when I'm on a FaceTime call with my girlfriend though.

On 9/28/2023 at 2:12 PM, AriesWarlock said:

All that Spider-Man knowledge and he misquoted the original line about great power.

13 hours ago, VirginDefiler said:

dangers of head injury

Strikes to the back of the head - categorized as strikes that do not touch the ear and are located behind it - are illegal in both boxing and MMA to protect fighters. Williams knew exactly what he was doing there, and if he wasn't trying to do that specifically, he definitely had time to pull out anyway. He's ruined someone's life by purposefully ignoring the rules. I can see the argument being made that the referee should have jumped in way before that, but it could have been seen as Colon trying to reposition to avoid a clinch. He's not at fault, nor is Colon. Williams is to blame, through and through.