Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

2 minutes ago, Yiceman said:

Ok I'm back after falling into an extended Elden Ring coma and ready to play some fighting games. Looks like I'm going to finally learn how to use Rose VT2. Digging her buffs so far, eager to see how they work out. Also Lucia just got way more YOLO, which I'm all for.

Hey I'm game. 

"Makes me Flash Chop, makes me Slash Elbow and
Stomp
My brother, can't you see? I got the victory
Stomp"

7 minutes ago, Yiceman said:

Ok I'm back after falling into an extended Elden Ring coma and ready to play some fighting games. Looks like I'm going to finally learn how to use Rose VT2. Digging her buffs so far, eager to see how they work out. Also Lucia just got way more YOLO, which I'm all for.

DNF Duel Beta is this weekend.

Don't even bother with SF5.

1 hour ago, CESTUS III said:

Can somebody with knowledge explain/review what Gief got?

Cr.hp causes a knockdown now. We will see if this sets anything up once the patch is live.

Air spd has been changed from a throw to a strike which basically makes it have similar properties to EX air spd. This could mean that anti air lariat or cr.hp could lead to more damage and possible oki situations.

Vt1 cyclone lariat, they made it more consistent I believe by making the second hit come out 2 frames faster. I'm not sure if this makes vt1 cyclone a true blockstring now or not.

Head butt causes a forced crouch, I think this may be a nerf since it won't be possible to end a combo with lariat? Kind of weird.

Some changes to "combo count limit" on st.hp, cr.hk, and vt2 ex spd. I guess they want you to use these moves more often in combos.

15 minutes ago, elliephil said:

Cr.hp causes a knockdown now. We will see if this sets anything up once the patch is live.

Air spd has been changed from a throw to a strike which basically makes it have similar properties to EX air spd. This could mean that anti air lariat or cr.hp could lead to more damage and possible oki situations.

Vt1 cyclone lariat, they made it more consistent I believe by making the second hit come out 2 frames faster. I'm not sure if this makes vt1 cyclone a true blockstring now or not.

Head butt causes a forced crouch, I think this may be a nerf since it won't be possible to end a combo with lariat? Kind of weird.

Some changes to "combo count limit" on st.hp, cr.hk, and vt2 ex spd. I guess they want you to use these moves more often in combos.

Thanks dude 👍

1 hour ago, elliephil said:

Didn't also fix the issue of VT1 completely whiffing all the hits in certain situations when it should combo?

8 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Same, one of my fav franchises of all time.

For me ST >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SW, at least until recently.

I used to watch TOS with my dad as a kid. It's what got me hooked on Sci-Fi. I didn't get into Star Wars until later. I like it but I wasn't hardore or anything. Honestly it was ultimately KOTOR that took me from being fan of SW to a big fan. That said at least SW fans have some good content to go with the bad. ST fans....not so much.

@BornWinnerNemo has an option select for that one 😉

Edited by Darc_Requiem
25 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I just miss good Star Trek content in general.

I'm honestly enjoying Picard currently with my minimal expectations. Discovery was just okay, started well but felt very forced in many ways. I'm looking forward to the new series Strange New Worlds.

4 hours ago, Pair of Rooks said:

😂 

...wait wrong one...

😢 

Lucia is my spirit main.   As in, I'd main her if I actually could stomach the game's netcode. 

She's not that bad to e honest and she will get better with this patch. You're not going to see a pro go toe-to-toe with her against the best Karin players in the world but she has an okay matchup spread (from my experience) and she works well enough online, particularly as nobody knows the matchup. She also has good SFV nonsense with V-Trigger. Getting hit by cr.MK when she has Trigger active hurts a lot.

Back when I was still playing her one of her most annoying weaknesses were inconsistent AAs but I think they fixed that at some point by making her DPs better.

I have to rereaed the whole thing again and probably go through it with training mode on.

Furthermore, Turn Punch was too easy to use as a projectile countermeasure, and since it took away the advantages of the V-Skill I KKB, projectile invincibility was reduced to level 2, which has a quick charge time and is easy to activate.

So TAP, the move he specifically has to maneuver around projectiles while maintaining charge, was doing its job so well that people didn't want to use the secondary gimmick move they gave him. Obviously this isn't that his v-skill was poorly thought out, the issue is TAP.

Swear to god whoever came up with chunk of this game is a majestic dullard. If I played Rog, I don't know how I'd take having to read that sentence.

5 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@SoneroHonestly it seems like Balrog  got punished for how well Pugera was playing. He was giving the rest of Japan that work with VT2 Rog.

Sounds like how Raven was nerfed in every patch of Xrd because how some players used him, and despite the nerfs, they were still extremely good with him, lol.
Even when not many Raven players won a major.

Some chars that needed their legs destroyed were Johnny and Millia, fuck them.

2 hours ago, Dayaan said:

He had to have been really good to begin with to have been nerfed that hard. Was Balrog top tier? I don't see much of him outside of Smug and BrianF. Serious question.

Balrog was solid, but not really to the level where he needed nerfs. 

Pugera  was doing work with him in Japanese tournaments. Outside of that, he wasn't making much noise anywhere else. 

Messed about in game for a short while.

Cel shaded looks WAY better than I thought it would. Way, way better. Pixel filter looks way worse than I thought it would. Guile's new jump arc isn't nearly as bad as I feared. No command normals involving kick with Nash's VS2 or Guile's VT2 seem to cancel, though it's 3am and I really wasn't paying much attention.

(Ryu's VS2 . VT2 . DP . VT2 follow up to Denjin does 455 dmg. )

Edit: @CESTUS IIIGief's c.hp  can combo into sweep from grounded hits too

Edited by JustBrowsing
27 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Capcom feels like Vega still hasn’t payed for his ST crimes

The gief situation is funny too.

Finally SF5 has the full Capcom juice of weird buggy shit and random nonsense and people get mad. It ain't a real Capcom fighting game if some of the code doesn't make the game play like it got pissed on by radioactive monkeys.

So I just played Cammy for awhile. She's still pretty solid. I was never one to constantly throw out stHP all willy nilly, so I'm not too worried about getting my shyt punished.  Basically, I just gotta be careful when using stHP and stMK. 

Another cool thing is that they've made Fighting Chance costumes purchasable with Fight Money. I'm so happy about that.