Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

Hate to break it to Kotaku, but the underlying infrastructure enabling online media probably does more to prop up the petrochemical wealth of Saudi Arabia than anything SNK will ever be capable of doing.  But hey- using the time spent writing that piece to contact his Congress critters instead wouldn't do anything to drive click-bait traffic to the site.

People posting Ian Walker articles.

38 minutes ago, Reticently said:

Hate to break it to Kotaku, but the underlying infrastructure enabling online media probably does more to prop up the petrochemical wealth of Saudi Arabia than anything SNK will ever be capable of doing.

Hell my daughter's favorite store is Hobby Lobby and I just took her to a Russian Ballet Production if Swan Lake.

A lot of the people that are gonna clutch a pearl at this don't want really investigate the level of fuckery some of the corporations that make their common items are up to.

👀

39 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

NLBC Online is dead in two weeks. Texas players got salty because they wouldn't let anymore of them in an Spooky said fuck it I'm out. Hope they are happy now. No one gets to play now. 

Saw this on Kappa. Did sp00ky put out a statement?

16 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Saw this on Kappa. Did sp00ky put out a statement?

I was watching NLBC when it all popped off. It all kind of snowballed and ended up with him saying NLBC Online is done in two weeks.

Edit: I've had a chance to cool off a bit since it all went down. That said after hearing more about it, Brian F and DaFeetLee's comments. Basically they weren't letting anymore players, from outside of the region, into NLBC. There was some blow up on Twitter and shit hit the fan.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

They should have made the Texas participants a one time thing. Also the way Min was acting on discord didn’t help which is the base of where the complaints came from, people kept tagging Spooky and Art to get answers and it snowballed.

Edit: Of course Dafeetlee isn’t helping matters by tying spooky and min together at the hip over all this.

Edited by Grimmjow316
1 minute ago, Grimmjow316 said:

They should have made the Texas participants a one time thing. Also the way Min was acting on discord didn’t help matters hence why people kept tagging Spooky and Art.

Well personally this shit sucks for me. I've finally accepted that the days of me functioning off of 3 or 4 hours of sleep are over. It's why I had to stop watching WNF. In two weeks, I get to watch nothing. I'm still a bit salty about it. I actually enjoyed seeing players like Idom level up over the years. I'm not sure what the status of NLBC offline is and with NLBC online going away....that's a huge void. Moreover it was good way for players to get steady competition and get better. 😔

2 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Well personally this shit sucks for me. I've finally accepted that the days of me functioning off of 3 or 4 hours of sleep are over. It's why I had to stop watching WNF. In two weeks, I get to watch nothing. I'm still a bit salty about it. I actually enjoyed seeing players like Idom level up over the years. I'm not sure what the status of NLBC offline is and with NLBC online going away....that's a huge void. Moreover it was good way for players to get steady competition and get better. 😔

Something tells me NLBC will be back. Spooky seems to get overdramatic when he feels like the community turns on him. 

4 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Sounds like Spooky wanted out this just speeded things up. He was getting burnt out so who knows what the status for both offline and online events will be in the future.

1 minute ago, HeavensCloud said:

Something tells me NLBC will be back. Spooky seems to get overdramatic when he feels like the community turns on him. 

Supposedly it got really heated though since the people asking fair questions got treated like shit.

That said I've been on the TO side and the level of stress is high. Same with the inclination to want to say fuck it. So people being even a small amount of prickish rubs you the bad way extra hard.

8 hours ago, CESTUS III said:

The pushback buff on Soul Spark is a mixed bag. I've noticed if you use it meaty after Soul Bind it pushes you out of st.HP range against most characters, making that particular setup not very useful anymore. But as she has a lot of other stuff she can do in that specific scenario it's still a net buff at the end of the day.

On thing I wish they had added though btw. are different strength levels for EX Soul Bind. Sometimes I think it reaches but then the opponent just lands in front of me. Would have been nice to be able to manually alter the distance of the scarf by having access to the same ranges as the normal light, medium and heavy versions.

8 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Texas players got salty because they wouldn't let anymore of them in an Spooky said fuck it I'm out.

What bad netcode and infrastructure does to mfers.

The bit about "We only allow certain Texas players" was disgusting tbh. You either open the floodgates or tell everyone to suck a nut. No in-between.

1 hour ago, Volt said:

What bad netcode and infrastructure does to mfers.

The bit about "We only allow certain Texas players" was disgusting tbh. You either open the floodgates or tell everyone to suck a nut. No in-between.

The thing is, its his tournament. He's not on the CPT. He's not obligated to let anyone in.  People have a right to be annoyed. That said, there is enough talent in the Texas region to run there own online weeklies. Maybe they could have put that energy into running their own event every week. They aren't entitled to entry. 

Edit: So is it true that this blowup began when dude pretended to be playing from Louisiana and the connection test showed he wasn't? 

Edited by Darc_Requiem
13 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

The thing is, its his tournament. He's not on the CPT. He's not obligated to let anyone in.  People have a right to be annoyed. That said, there is enough talent in the Texas region to run there own online weeklies. Maybe they could have put that energy into running their own event every week. They aren't entitled to entry. 

Look guy, this is basically wrong.

The way min handled things was bad, the way DaFeetLee went about it extra worse and spooky choosing this hill to die on makes him look terrible.

14 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Look guy, this is basically wrong.

The way min handled things was bad, the way DaFeetLee went about it extra worse and spooky choosing this hill to die on makes him look terrible.

Saw the messages with Min being a prick which is not cool. That said is it true that dude lied about where he was playing from? If so, that's sort of an important detail to leave out. Seems like a bunch of half stories being told here.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
2 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Saw the messages with Min being a prick which is not cool. That said is it true that dude lied about where he was playing from? If so, that's sort of an important detail to leave out. Seems like a bunch of half stories being told here.

No one can imply spooky and the NLBC crew are anything but legends for the work they put in, but its hard not to feel where the TX people were coming from. Why do some players get in when others don't? Why are some players more valuable/"hype" than others? 

I don't hold anything against spooky for packing it up over this, but those are fair questions
the only one i blame in all this is sfv netcode lol

18 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Its DaFeetLee sidestepping some shit because he knows Min and him fucked up. DaFeetLee is quoting the Smash.GG registration where he has himself as New Orleans. On Twitter he also has himself from New Orleans.  Houston and New Orleans are 5 hours away from each other.  That's basically like going from LA to Las Vegas. It isn't exactly a stretch of distance from a person to travel there.

Toi asked a dumb shit basic question: If Brian F can go in, why can't the rest of Texas? Min's answer was shitty, spooky's answer was even shittier:

We have/had the final say on who is allowed in the tournament, regardless of region! We can choose to not let you in for any variety of reasons, including making our life harder / more annoying / pissing us off. (In the same way, you don't have to like it.)

We chose to include players if we think they could add to the hype. (You don't have to like it but it's our choice)
Generally the idea was to default to the best possible connection experience, so poor experiences from far away regions had to be mitigated.

Cool, that means if you were in with the eSports crowd and were homies with spooky, you got a free pass. Since Brian F needs content and TwistedRivera needs dumbshit twitter highlights, they get to go in. All the other Tx people who've been showing love for the whole time don't get to. Or as Tommy2Step put it:

This issue didn't happen today, it went unaddressed for a while and then Toi brought it up. This is a stupid hill to die on because basically Brian F killed NLBC.

For reference:

unknown.png

1 minute ago, Reticently said:

Even if you disagree with TeamSp00ky's take on the issue, there's no way it was worth dogpiling Spooky over it.

So far nobody has said shit to Spooky about it. Not even the people who complained. Its basically been DaFeetLee and Min making a situation worse by being absolute spaghetti droppers.

12 minutes ago, Shahenzan said:

No one can imply spooky and the NLBC crew are anything but legends for the work they put in, but its hard not to feel where the TX people were coming from. Why do some players get in when others don't? Why are some players more valuable/"hype" than others? 

I don't hold anything against spooky for packing it up over this, but those are fair questions
the only one i blame in all this is sfv netcode lol

I don't disagree with you. Like I said before, people have the right to be upset. That said, he can let in whoever he wants. It's his tournament. 

9 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

That said, he can let in whoever he wants. It's his tournament. 

No, that's not how it works.  That's only how it works if you want things to be fucking shitty and create two tiers of players.

If NLBC was an exhibition tournament where he hand picked people, then it'd be fine. But as its been run, the whole thing is a regional tournament that then expended things to a new region but chose to only do it "for the homies". Which means that instead of addressing a big ass elephant in the room, which is "hey we are players from this region too, are we allowed to play now?" they instead did the stupidest shit humanly possible, which is all of this.

Understand that Min could've easily said "Hey man, we've been letting in these two guys because their connections are solid but I'll talk to spooky about opening up the whole thing" and nobody would've batted an eye.

Instead they said "oh we only let people and if you don't like it suck our dicks; better be hype or just start your own weekly".  That's fucking dumb and they are doing El fuerte levels of flipping to make some basic FGC fairness shit be the bad guy.

Min and DaFeetLee are clowns and by proxy they are making Spooky a clown for having to go along with this.

Think DaFeetLee was gassing up the situation with the stuff that Grimm316 posted,

Min and Spooky are a team. Everyone on Twitter shitting on Min means they're shitting on Spooky too.

This goofy beyond goofy. Matter of fact, make them all admin on SRK with all that twisting and turning over some simple shit. 😂

Its so dumb, makes the whole scene look like smashers:

You see how dumb this take is?

Also lets keep in mind what a massive fucking idiot this guy is being now:

Then why are Brian F And TwistedRivera in? Right. Gotta always turn shit into weird cool kids club in this hobby. Fucking hell with this people.

3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I don't disagree with you. Like I said before, people have the right to be upset. That said, he can let in whoever he wants. It's his tournament. 

Yeah, imagine thinking fairness has anything to do with it. Reminds me of people wanting to do commentary at Psychoblue's event. He tells them no and it's all wahwah but that's not faaaaair.

6 minutes ago, Sonero said:

He asked a simple question, DaFeetLee and Min  absolute bungle communicating like adults, then Toi has to eat shit for it?

He asked a fair question. Beyond a basic ass fair question.

Nah son, if he wanted to ask a simple question he would have done it directly to them.

The moment he put it out on the open for everyone to see, wasn't ask a simple question anymore.

It was him trying to throw shade on them and start a dogpile on them, but now that people are dogpiling on him he is now my mental health hurr durr.