Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread, vol. 2

13 minutes ago, PVL_93_RU said:

Snip

I more or less agree with you on that, which is why, i would prefer for games to be more like what DOA did.

Have a F2P component, have a regular component, and have a truckload of cosmetics for those who want to buy them.

But mostly how DOA5 did, that was sell packs of costumes and the costumes separately.

DOA6 fucked that up by selling only the packs, and a good chunk of the DLC chars being old chars.

I think they only added 1 new character with the DLC's.

Edited by Hecatom
39 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

But mostly how DOA5 did, that was sell packs of costumes and the costumes separately.

DOA6 fucked that up by selling only the packs, and a good chunk of the DLC chars being old chars.

I think they only added 1 new character with the DLC's

DoA6 also fucked up by pushing the monetization too far. Charging for basic customization features and charging to revert the changes were massive fuck ups

Just now, Hawkingbird said:

DoA6 also fucked up by pushing the monetization too far. Charging for basic customization features and charging to revert the changes were massive fuck ups

Yeah, they fucked up in many places.

Is sad, because DoA6 is a good game, and i love playing it, but once they abandoned the game, the player pool kind of dwindle.

You can still find people, but is not the same.

I just hope they learned the right lessons and if they do DoA7 they manage to bounce back.

34 minutes ago, Volt said:

We still need an actual solution.

The solution is having a middle-ground between NRS-style blockbuster FG with hella content and the barren wasteland that was vanilla launch SFV

obviously nobody should or will make a fully fledged complete package completely free

but when a casual boots the game up and all he sees is a generic grid-style main menu with a blue background with the only options being "training", "survival" or "online" - that ain't gonna cut it either, f2p or not

Edited by PVL_93_RU
14 minutes ago, Sonero said:

They should bring back the old '99 model. Where you release a game with w/e and then there are no patches and we all deal.

That would be idiotic.

The benefit of modern consoles/pc games is that we can have new content added to the games.

You want to toss that for what?

Going back to yearly revisions and having to buy the same game for the same price as the last one for some balance changes and some new chars.

Yeah, hard pass on that.

Edit

Not to mention having game breaking glitches that can ruin a game.

Like when the japanese GGAC on PS2 had a glitch that froze the game when playing with Ino, if you used your air super.

Making the game useless for tournament play.

Good times right?

Edited by Hecatom
5 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

The F2P Tekken game that had that shitty ticket system that limited how much you can play a day unless you brought more tickets?

oh god the mobile-style stamina 

yeah this is why you can prepare for the worst if Bandai ever decides to do an F2P model for the next major tekken title

On the subject of f2p there is no doubt it is a better model than a full-priced game for getting new players in. I got no argument against that, it is just better in that regard. Personally though I feel like it doesn't favor people like me who like to have eeeeeverything. 60 dollar game with 30 dollar season pass every year but I get everything? Well I play this shit a lot so that's a fair deal for me. F2P loaded with cosmetics and character costs? Odds are you are not getting eeeeverything even with 90 bucks depending on how much they put in. This is a trade that I think doesn't work out in my favor but you know, I get it. It's not about me it's about new people/people who dont give a shit about having eeeeverything sure ok.

But then you have games like arcsys games, how would they go f2p with cosmetics given that they use models they cant just swap out? Their whole style depends on very specific models that are stretched and shaded perfectly which is why none of their games have really had things like skins, barring singular exceptions. How do games like that, or sprite based games like Melty go f2p? F2p with heavy cosmetics is really only an option for devs that use 3d models designed to have interchangeable parts, so what does everyone else do? 

Just dont feel like all the voices pushing for f2p notice or care about these things 

Edited by Shahenzan
2 hours ago, Shahenzan said:

On the subject of f2p there is no doubt it is a better model than a full-priced game for getting new players in. I got no argument against that, it is just better in that regard. Personally though I feel like it doesn't favor people like me who like to have eeeeeverything. 60 dollar game with 30 dollar season pass every year but I get everything? Well I play this shit a lot so that's a fair deal for me. F2P loaded with cosmetics and character costs? Odds are you are not getting eeeeverything even with 90 bucks depending on how much they put in. This is a trade that I think doesn't work out in my favor but you know, I get it. It's not about me it's about new people/people who dont give a shit about having eeeeverything sure ok.

But then you have games like arcsys games, how would they go f2p with cosmetics given that they use models they cant just swap out? Their whole style depends on very specific models that are stretched and shaded perfectly which is why none of their games have really had things like skins, barring singular exceptions. How do games like that, or sprite based games like Melty go f2p? F2p with heavy cosmetics is really only an option for devs that use 3d models designed to have interchangeable parts, so what does everyone else do? 

Just dont feel like all the voices pushing for f2p notice or care about these things 

Arc sys can continue to sell color palettes, voice announcer packs, and OSTs like they've always done. I don't see that changing if they go F2P. I can see them adapting a similar model to when Killer Instinct launched. Where they sell the characters but the accumulative cost of getting everyone would roughly be the cost of a retail game.  

The real threat in F2P in a fighting game is overly simplified controls, dumb down game mechanics problems with game systems like groove and ism.

Because they will start chasing the other crowd that has low user retention, like Brawlahala.

F2P is something good for a FG brand that isn't establish yet but not something like KOF and SF.

5 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

The real threat in F2P in a fighting game is overly simplified controls, dumb down game mechanics problems with game systems like groove and ism.

I worry more about what the companies try to monetize that ain't cosmetics. Progression systems are what devs like to use to keep retention. I fear there will be a day that we will have to grind it out to unlock move sets. Gotta win 100 matches to unlock hadoken.

Edited by Hawkingbird
1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

I worry more about what the companies try to monetize that ain't cosmetics. Procession systems are what devs like to use to keep retention. I fear there will be a day that we will have to grind it out to unlock move sets. Gotta win 100 matches to unlock hadoken.

Yeah, It will begin with a unrefined gameplay system. Gem System in the early SFXT was a good example of decision paralysis unlike the refined Groove system and Ism system.

1 hour ago, Mr.Cipher said:

How is that different from what we got the last 6 years?

It's gonna get worse.  Until the Indie Games becomes the better choice for choosing a modern fighting game

18 hours ago, PVL_93_RU said:

I just don't trust the modern games industry to do the model correctly without squeezing every single dollar out of you

True, because more of the examples they comparing as effective is Brawhala and Project L, So the higher ups will chase and compare to the numbers of the games or need to be as close. 

It's likely the establish gameplay would be sacrifice to keep the audience with lower retention to keep on engaging.

Those games doesn't have any establish brand of gameplay and their character doesn't have anu establish gameplan. So they just go the fundamentals like Project L does.

Edited by Shakunetsu

So outside of@Hawkingbird, who else is a proud member of The Church of Alex and Latter Day Stomps? Brother Hawkingbird warms up the congregation every Sunday. His sermons will put you at ease, there are no losers here. You can't escape the holy spirit. He'll have you saying "I'm ready" to join today my guy. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to run before Misterbee tosses me out for excessive Captain Planet level humor 👀

Edited by Darc_Requiem

@Skort@Fatal Error XI

On the VS2 -> VT1 Cancel, I've found two useful routes now, and they're both after H.Stock -> VS2 -> VT1.

The first is EX-Flip -> H-Fuha -> EX Fuha, which is a few feet shy of corner-to-corner.

The Second is Dash under -> H.Fuha -> EX fuha for a side-switch that can put your opponent back in the corner.

Edited by AriesWarlock

What up, peeps! 

Got a new KOFXV vid up! 

Spoiler

Now to talk about SFV Update for a minute...

First of all... Rose is officially among the strongest women in world (and not necessarily Chun-Li due to the apparent nerfs she has taken, though... her play style is the same and most skilled Chunners should be able to bypass the nerfs, if only to a degree). 

I am a bit happy that Rose got her due respect, particularly with her HP, slightly faster sweep, a bit more range on her standing LK, and the fact that she can combo after a few more of the things she hits the target with. I'll likely play a handful of Rose matches and then combine these efforts with a hybrid of KOFXV throw into the mix. 

There is a small part of me that wonders if Capcom SF staff members have incentives for allowing people like us to play previous or different versions of the character from throughout the interactions of SFV, just like how we did with Ultra SFIV on its last stand. I wonder what everyone's thought process towards that would be. That way it would allow people to possibly discover a few more things about the game that probably wasn't figured out before or something along those lines. 

A fighting game renaissance is upon us one way or another (as corny as it may seem, coming from me). 

... So... uh... 

Spoiler

Who is ready for GENOCIDE CUTTAH, tomorrow...?

KpkBKme.png

Here is a what if question:

Remember this during Ultra SF4, The Rumor about Retsu because of that Shinkiro illustration

What if instead we get Retsu instead of Decapre 

But Retsu is a clone of Gouken but without the SHOTO style gameplay, More Karateka Gameplay can be a mix of Gouken non-shoto special along with Makotos and Dan,

No Tatsu, No Fireballs or even some sort of DP.

Would people praise it or hate it? Would had it been better than Decapre in USF4 as the final character?

32 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Short answer, no. The hatred of the last character was because Capcom hyped up the reveal like it was truly going to be something special.

Not only that, but trying to hype the last character when the majority predicted it was Decapre, lie about it saying it wasn't and pretend that the reveal was going to blow everyone's mind despite seeing the disdain and apathy about the prospect of being her.

Honestly, I usually have good experience. My biggest issue from personal standpoint is inconsistency. Some players are good one day and terrible the next. Or connections that were good shift to just okay. So it's hard to tell how far away I can go. Meanwhile, MVCi doesnt have that problem with an updated version of the same netcode 😑

Edited by Darc_Requiem

Yeah for me it's mainly consistency too.

I've played on 3 bar connections that feel pretty decent and I've had 5 bars that are just trash. For the most part sfv is tolerable but goddamn when it's bad it's awful. 

Strive while not perfect kind of ruined playing sfv online for me. It's kind of sad that all these years later one of the main discussions for this game is it's netcode lol. 

Hi, everyone.

I played SFV for about 4 hours today with a friend of mine, and have been playing a lot with him for the past week in a half. I believe I have about 18 hrs in the past 4 days with him. It was very enjoyable! I'm loving the changes to Guile and Kage. Ryu still feels decent, my Sakura and Cammy have gotten weaker, and Seth feels strong. This is so much fun! And the netcode has treated us well, by the way. Ranked is unplayable though.

In conclusion, play Street Fighter! That doesn't mean not to play other games, but also play SF!

Things is, back in 2016 SFV netcode was considered solid because everything else was delay netcode.  I was always going to bat for Capcom back then because of the shitty alternative.  Now ArcSys has raised the bar  - DNF Duel and Strive pretty much have flawless netcode.  Even SNK has upped their game.  I'd put KOFXV somewhere in between SFV and Strive/DNF.  

20 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

back in 2016 SFV netcode was considered solid because everything else was delay netcode.

This is some hilarious revisionism. It might've been better than others but the SF5 netcode has always been a weird type of dog shit.

The only thing that changed recently was the matchmaking. Instead of needing to weight 8 minutes for a laggy match, now I can go a good 15+ minutes for shitty ones.

11 minutes ago, Sonero said:

This is some hilarious revisionism. It might've been better than others but the SF5 netcode has always been a weird type of dog shit.

The only thing that changed recently was the matchmaking. Instead of needing to weight 8 minutes for a laggy match, now I can go a good 15+ minutes for shitty ones.

That was MVCi right?