Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

This is a good PC for gaming. Though the fan config on is odd. Why is it a negative configuration when the side fans can be intake?  What do you do for work? 

He's a similarly spec'd ibuypower for $100 cheaper

https://www.ibuypower.com/store/gaming-rdy-slhbg220

I like the PC Hawkingbird linked better. @AriesWarlockYou save a $100 and get a better CPU. Plus I'd rather have a 1TB NVME SSD over a 500GB and 1TB HDD. No point in having a HDD at this point.

16 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I like the PC Hawkingbird linked better. @AriesWarlockYou save a $100 and get a better CPU. Plus I'd rather have a 1TB NVME SSD over a 500GB and 1TB HDD. No point in having a HDD at this point.

There are a few things on that cyberpower I wasn't feeling. The weird fan config, I didn't see any air flow with the case, The MB never came up in the spec (if it's an aftermarket part like the rest of the build it should be there). The ibuypower is using an MSI board with 4 M2 slots. He'll have no need for any wired drives with that board. The AIO will be better than the stock looking CPU cooler from the cyberpower. 

2 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

This is a good PC for gaming. Though the fan config on is odd. Why is it a negative configuration when the side fans can be intake?  What do you do for work? 

He's a similarly spec'd ibuypower for $100 cheaper

https://www.ibuypower.com/store/gaming-rdy-slhbg220

I do some trading, and it was recommended a Intel Core i5-12600K at least.

Thanks. That one looks good. I am not sure I like water cooling. Looks like a hassle to maintain:

And from the reviews, the power supply is not modular

I found this one, what do you think? Looks similar to the ibuypower, and it's $149.01 less. @Darc_Requiem

https://skytechgaming.com/product/azure-12600k-3060ti/

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you’re all having a great day. Earlier this week, I tried to get some last minute gift shopping done. Unfortunately, I didn’t find what I wanted. However I did randomly see this by itself and I just had to get it.

IMG_5042.jpg 

I wanted to post it on the day this happened, but opening the page kept crashing the site.

2 hours ago, RSG3 said:

If you wanna co-op in Elden Ring or something you know where to find me. Congrats on PS5 bro. 

Also if you wanna really see the new load times I highly recommend claiming your free PS5 upgrade to FF7R. It runs at a solid 60FPS and the loads times are mind blowing. 

Almost forgot.  They also got me Crisis Core for the PS5.  I asked for it on PS4 but they went ahead and gave it to me for PS5.  I can't wait see FF7R in 4K too and see that dumb door fixed lol.

random Diablo ramblings... the monstrous powerlevel just continues--- I went back to the Rathma build for my Necro; there's a few more augments I could do there, and I also switched out one of the legendary gems (from bane of the powerful to a Zeis stone now that Zeis is over rank 25)... I hit some monster for 211 trillion damage a little while ago.  In the Greater Rifts I'm still only up to 115 though... I almost had GR 116 done but hit a room where there was a horde of enemies right at the damn door, so I had no space at all to work with; no area in that floor was safe even for a second; and the Rathma/Army of Dead build's defense is terrible compared to the Trag'Oul Death Nova build....it's also even worse to die in the Rathma build since your resurrected minions die as well, which puts you at a natural disadvantage when respawning....since you now have to rebuild your crew and are weak as a result. (some damage resistance is tied to how many undead minions you have on the field)

12 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

He'll House is amazing but definitely a trial of will on hard mode lol. You have to actually learn the fight properly. 

I don't know to know how long that fight took me. I remember when I started hard mode, I immediately thought "How the fuck am I going to beat Hell House!?" 🤣

Edit: I wish Cloud had a phone a friend option. I would have called Zack 

Spoiler

who took on a whole army after 4 years of essentially being in a coma and A)died after finally getting tired after killing 1000s of them or B)Killed them all in FFVII:R

to do it for  me.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
On 12/25/2022 at 3:44 PM, Hawkingbird said:

This is the one I have in my PS5. It comes with a heatsink

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09G2MZ4VR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

I want to get the 4TB but there's such a huge price discrepancy between that and the 2TB.  Why the hell is is the 4TB over triple the 2TB.  Makes no sense to me.  And the fact that it's usually 699.00 instead of 609 on sale currently is only making the price dif even more ridiculous.

11 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I want to get the 4TB but there's such a huge price discrepancy between that and the 2TB.  Why the hell is is the 4TB over triple the 2TB.  Makes no sense to me.  And the fact that it's usually 699.00 instead of 609 on sale currently is only making the price dif even more ridiculous.

This 4TB drive is currently $380. This a flash sale so hopefully you can jump on it. 

https://www.amazon.com/WD_BLACK-SN850X-Internal-Gaming-Solid/dp/B0B7CQ2CHH/ref=sr_1_4?crid=34IM5B6GG7ITL&keywords=4tb%2Bnvme&qid=1672112197&s=electronics&sprefix=4tb%2B%2Celectronics%2C154&sr=1-4&th=1

Edited by Hawkingbird
7 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

This is a heck of a good deal.  I'm not going to be able to take advantage of it though so I'll have to wait and bide my time on it.  Thanks for the heads up yo!  I did put the one you suggested in my wishlist so once I'm in a better spot I'll look at it again.

ah, some more sales catching my attention on eShop as I'm browsing it at the moment... 

• Source of Madness 13.99
  • Wildcat Gun Machine = 3.74
  • Valis: The Fantasm Soldier = 12.00
  • Furi -Modore Edition = 9.99
  • Nobody Saves the World = 16.24
  • Dawn of the Monsters = 20.99!
  • Mother Russia Bleeds = 2.99!!

• Flynn: Son of Crimson = 11.99
  • Ultra Age = 14.99
  • Aragami Shadow Edition = 7.49!
  • Huntdown = 3.99! (80% off!)
  • Shakedown: Hawaii = 5.99
  • Resident Evil 4 = 9.99 (*I should go on and get this before they make the original version disappear.  Yes, I wouldn't put it past any company these days to engage in such grimy tactics, in the era of digital gaming...)

I started on Luigi's Mansion 3 yesterday and I have to say, there's a certain style and vibe Nintendo's first party games have that are really great. I've never played an LM game so it's all pretty novel to me but every time I play one of Nintendo's games, I understand why they're so popular.

Also got a tech question. I have a wired network that works fine plug and play with my PS4 and laptop but not with my switch. I've tried resetting the switch to no avail. Only thing I can figure is that maybe the lan adapter is dead, but it's hardly been used although Ive left it plugged into the dock and it's probably gotten warm regularly. Any other ideas? 

39 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Also got a tech question. I have a wired network that works fine plug and play with my PS4 and laptop but not with my switch. I've tried resetting the switch to no avail. Only thing I can figure is that maybe the lan adapter is dead, but it's hardly been used although Ive left it plugged into the dock and it's probably gotten warm regularly. Any other ideas? 

Does your Wi-Fi work on your switch? I don't have any knowledge on the lan adapters but if it can connect via Wi-Fi but not via lan at least you can isolate the problem a little. Whereas if it didn't connect via Wi-Fi either, then you'd know it's probably not a dead adapter.

39 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

Does your Wi-Fi work on your switch? I don't have any knowledge on the lan adapters but if it can connect via Wi-Fi but not via lan at least you can isolate the problem a little. Whereas if it didn't connect via Wi-Fi either, then you'd know it's probably not a dead adapter.

Yeah it connects fine via WiFi. It'll connect to that same network via WiFi but not wired, so I'm going to assume the adapter is dead, but I probably need to test it on another network.

1 hour ago, DoctaMario said:

Have you tested the lan adapter on another device? It's important to rule it out first.

35 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Yeah it connects fine via WiFi. It'll connect to that same network via WiFi but not wired, so I'm going to assume the adapter is dead, but I probably need to test it on another network.

Try connecting the network adapter to a laptop or another device.

I think that some adapters can work on a ps4 depending of the drivers installed alongside the linux kernel.

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

Have you tested the lan adapter on another device? It's important to rule it out first.

51 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Try connecting the network adapter to a laptop or another device.

I think that some adapters can work on a ps4 depending of the drivers installed alongside the linux kernel.

I haven't tested it with anything else, but I'll go r that a shot. Good ideas, thanks fellas.

I don't have to use the adapter with my PS4, only the switch because Nintendo is too dumb to actually put Ethernet ports on their hardware 🙄

3 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

I started on Luigi's Mansion 3 yesterday and I have to say, there's a certain style and vibe Nintendo's first party games have that are really great. I've never played an LM game so it's all pretty novel to me but every time I play one of Nintendo's games, I understand why they're so popular.

Luigi's Mansion 3 was surprisingly very good.  I played LM1 on Gamecube back in the day and just remember how repetitive it was.  I never played 2.  Then I got 3 for my son for Xmas last year.

We played it co-op the entire game (once you unlock it) and I was just surprised how much variety it actually had.  He really enjoyed the online portion of it as well.

7 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

They could put it on the dock

There is one on the dock with the OLED model.  I have mine hard wired.

As for adapters, yeah I'm not sure if they work.  You can't just expect to plug/play any random USB adapter into anything and expect it to work.  You'll need to use on that specifically says it works with the Switch because the Switch will need to have the software to work with it.  

28 minutes ago, purbeast said:

There is one on the dock with the OLED model.  I have mine hard wired.

As for adapters, yeah I'm not sure if they work.  You can't just expect to plug/play any random USB adapter into anything and expect it to work.  You'll need to use on that specifically says it works with the Switch because the Switch will need to have the software to work with it.  

I wonder if the og switch is compatible with the new dock.

Semi related tangent.

I wish Nintendo released a Switch that is just the dock with all the console components inside (a regular console basically, lol), for people like me, that never uses the switch as a handheld.

ArtPlay

Shutaro Iida

—Ambitions for 2023

“We are currently still working on content for Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, but we are striving every day to be able to make a big announcement in 2023.”

Koji Igarashi

—Ambitions for 2023

“I’d like to finish work on the remaining content for Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. And that will lead us to the next step.”

ATLUS

Shinjiro Takada

—Ambitions for 2023

“In 2023, which will be the 31st anniversary [of the Shin Megami Tensei series], I hope be able to give something back to the fans as a thank-you [for their support on Shin Megami Tensei V].”

SNK

Yasuyuki Oda

—Status Update

“Alongside updates to The King of Fighters XV, the staff is working as one on the development of the new Fatal Fury and several other titles. Please look forward to SNK in the future.”

Nobuyuki Kuroki

—Status Update

“While we haven’t shared much information about Fatal Fury yet, development is progressing well, so please look forward to it.”

Kazuhiro Fujishige

—Ambitions for 2023

“This year will mark the start of develompent on a new IP that carries the grand vision of ‘the creation of an AAA title from Japan.’ We are becoming a studio in which the strengths of our teams formed from our diverse pool of talent will be on full display!”

Capcom

Hideaki Itsuno

—Status Update

“I’m currently immersed in the production of Dragon’s Dogma 2, so much so that I’m losing my sense of what season it is. Things are moving along well, so I hope to further our development progress so that we can share an update with you as soon as possible.”

Ryozo Tsujimoto

—Things to Pay Attention to in 2023

“Tokyo Game Show.”

Takuro Hiraoka

—Status Update

“We will release new information [about Exoprimal] next spring, so please look forward to it!”

Mistwalker

Hironobu Sakaguchi

—Ambitions for 2023

“I thought I was going to retire (laughs), but I decided to try to give this another go…”

—Status Update

“I’ll never stop playing Final Fantasy XIV. Meet me in Eorzea. I also started writing the scenario for a new title yet to be announced. It will be a dark fantasy.”

■ LEVEL5 comcept

Keiji Inafune

—Status Update

“While it is still unannounced, I’m making an interesting game. It will be a fun game that I will be able to play with my children and grandchildren.”