Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

12 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I don't like Brie Larson but even if did, I'd hate casting. It would be another example of Hollywood casting some 5'6 woman for the role a tall actress should get. Heck they almost cast Rebecca Ferguson as Wonder Woman. She's like 5'5". Hell, I'm still waiting for live action Storm that's tall and dark skinned. They can't even get the dark skin right. Storm is supposed look like Iman. Yall are old like me, so you know who Iman is. 🙃

An actress like Gwendoline Christie definitely has the height to be Samus but she will likely be aged out if a live action project ever materializes.

Elizabeth Debicki can do it if she gets into athletic shape

Edited by Hawkingbird
1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

Ada has never been funny. Mysterious and sexy are Ada main characteristics. This lady knows nothing about this character

Whether she knows Ada or not, she still read lines given to her and presumably didn't get any notes. Confession: I didn't like her that much myself, but that was more because she was wooden than any seductiveness.

I'd still never be pathetic enough to throw hate her way saying she wasn't seductive enough. Seeing that, almost verbatim, from some of the haters is so cringe.

16 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I don't like Brie Larson but even if did, I'd hate casting. It would be another example of Hollywood casting some 5'6 woman for the role a tall actress should get. Heck they almost cast Rebecca Ferguson as Wonder Woman. She's like 5'5". Hell, I'm still waiting for live action Storm that's tall and dark skinned. They can't even get the dark skin right. Storm is supposed look like Iman. Yall are old like me, so you know who Iman is. 🙃

I guess that's fair. I can't say I really care about accurate hight in a world where they made Hobbits 3 feet tall. 

Like I just personally don't care about that, at all. I csre more that Brie seems to actually love the IP. More important to me.

But you know tall justice an all that I guess. 

Edit: I also feel.like I'd be a huge hypocrite since I love Hugh Jackman Wolverine and never once cared he was too tall. Like yea technically he's too tall but I the performance he gave and his clear love for the role meant a lot more to me then him having to be 5'3. I don't care that RDJ wears platforms and Tom Cruise stands on boxes or digs holes or whatever the fuck they do. 

Edited by RSG3
2 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

Whether she knows Ada or not, she still read lines given to her and presumably didn't get any notes. Confession: I didn't like her that much myself, but that was more because she was wooden than any seductiveness.

I'd still never be pathetic enough to throw hate her way saying she wasn't seductive enough. Seeing that, almost verbatim, from some of the haters is so cringe.

If her performance didn't sound phoned in I would have been fine with an unseductive Ada. It likely wouldn't have suited the more serious take of the remake.

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

An actress like Gwendoline Christie definitely has the height to be Samus but she will likely be aged out if a live action project ever materializes.

Elizabeth Debicki can do it if she gets into athletic shape

Elizabeth Debicki would be perfect if she good into shape. She's literally the exact height of Samus at 6'3'

1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

I guess that's fair. I can't say I really care about accurate hight in a world where they made Hobbits 3 feet tall. 

Like I just personally don't care about that, at all. I csre more that Brie seems to actually love the IP. More important to me.

But you know tall justice an all that I guess. 

Edit: I also feel.like I'd be a huge hypocrite since I love Hugh Jackman Wolverine and never once cared he was too tall. Like yea technically he's too tall but I the performance he gave and his clear love for the role meant a lot more to me then him having to be 5'3. I don't care that RDJ wears platforms and Tom Cruise stands on boxes or digs holes or whatever the fuck they do. 

Hugh Jackman is an exception. The caliber of his acting makes you forget that he's way to big for the role. For me, you should want the barrier of entry for accepting your adaptation as low as possible. Casting someone that looks nothing like the character just adds an additional roadblock that doesn't need to be there. Tom Cruise is an exceptional actor and I couldn't take him serious as Jack Reacher. There are tricks to compensate for difference in height but it's a lot easier to make 6'2 Alan Ritchson look like 6'5 Jack Reacher than 5'7" Tom Cruise.

1 hour ago, axeman61 said:

Yeah I didn't like her performance either. There are a few scenes where she's fine, like when comes to Leon's and Ashley's aid against Saddler. The "iconic" initial meeting of Leon/Ada and their boat scene has her sounding completely flat. @RSG3She doesn't sound like RE2:R make. Jolene Anderson gave a better performance. I don't understand the change, they kept Leon's VA from RE2:R.

40 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Tom Cruise is an exceptional actor and I couldn't take him serious as Jack Reacher.

Yea I like that movie. Kind of my point see lol. 

41 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@RSG3She doesn't sound like RE2:R make. Jolene Anderson gave a better performance. I don't understand the change, they kept Leon's VA from RE2:R.

I remember people bitching about the performance in 2R as well and I remember her sounding...bored. but it's been a while maybe I have to play again I guess. 

1 minute ago, Sonichuman said:

This man really does not care where or how he sets up shop.

He's the ultimate hustler. 

8 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

He sold me a bolt action rifle. I fucked so many zombies in the ass with it. Best gun in the game.

I've been a handgun guy mostly. I'll bust out the shotgun if they get too close. Glad you can hot swap weapons via short cuts in the Remake. The Remake is Ashley's redemption arc. I don't find her annoying as hell like the original. 

21 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

Yeah, I save shotgun for my get out of jail free card. It's definitely top tier.

I feel like they starve you on Shotgun shells at least in hardcore mode.  They give me handgun ammo for days, I've even gotten more rifle ammo through my playthrough it feels like but game feels like it gives you 3 shotgun shells roughly ever hour. 

Granted I only ever got far enough to interact with her in game for the first time on RE4 with the GC where I picked up she was supposed to be Catwoman to Leon's Batman but I don't get why folks are attacking the performances. No one is reading Shakespeare lines in these games and of she wasn't the worst delivery I have ever heard in the RE game. 

But even if it was attacking the woman on social media is just being a asshole. Let the woman do her job and if you don't like it take it to the folks with power like the directors or producers so they do better next time.

4 minutes ago, Wellman said:

Granted I only ever got far enough to interact with her in game for the first time on RE4 with the GC where I picked up she was supposed to be Catwoman to Leon's Batman but I don't get why folks are attacking the performances. No one is reading Shakespeare lines in these games and of she wasn't the worst delivery I have ever heard in the RE game. 

But even if it was attacking the woman on social media is just being a asshole. Let the woman do her job and if you don't like it take it to the folks with power like the directors or producers so they do better next time.

Everyone in the remake puts on a great performance expect for her. Yeah there's been worse in RE but the performances in RE have really stepped up their game since RE7. 

1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

I feel like they starve you on Shotgun shells at least in hardcore mode.  They give me handgun ammo for days, I've even gotten more rifle ammo through my playthrough it feels like but game feels like it gives you 3 shotgun shells roughly ever hour. 

That's the only ammo I've crafted so far, and I've crafted a lot 😂

3 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Always been partial to the shotguns in RE4 and it goes double in this game especially the riot and striker.  Shotgun is usually my "Fuck this shit" weapon.

I just want to redo my signature setup. Red9 TMP Bolt Action Rifle and mine thrower. Everyone does a shotgun but a fully powered up Red9 was more effective. TMP was for faster crowd control with a mine thrower follow up. 

Somepne let me know when it's on sale. 

2 hours ago, Wellman said:

People attacking her a way out of pocket. No excuse for it. That said, she's pretty bad man. It's reminds me of Ronda Rousey in MK11. When you have good performances surrounding a bad one, it just amplifies how bad it is.

27 minutes ago, TheInfernoman said:

I just want to redo my signature setup. Red9 TMP Bolt Action Rifle and mine thrower. Everyone does a shotgun but a fully powered up Red9 was more effective. TMP was for faster crowd control with a mine thrower follow up. 

Somepne let me know when it's on sale. 

Red 9 is nerfed in the remake. While still strong its accuracy took a hit. Even with the stock the aim with the Red 9 is still shaky and you will miss shots that should have landed. The other handguns actually have a use now.

The spread and accuracy are ass for the TMP. The accuracy is so bad it isn't reliable for melee setups if that's what you plan to use it for. LE-5 is the best option for submachine gun but you won't get that until late game. Best to use on a second playthrough.

The mine thrower has been replaced with the bolt thrower. You need to attach mines to it to make it function like the mine thrower of old. Mines isn't plentiful so you'll need to craft them. 

The riot gun has been my favorite weapon to use. Fully upgraded it is an absolute boss killer. 

Sales I noticed on eShop at the moment... 

Bioshock 2 - 4.99 (even cheaper than normal; usually these are 7.99 when they go on sale)

Bioshock 1 - 7.99

Genetic Disaster 1.99

Battle Axe = 7.49 (8 days remaining)

Castlevania Anniversary Collection - 3.99

Knights & Guns = 1.99! (19 days left on this sale)

Fury Unleashed = 4.99

Y's VIII = 19.99 -surprising; this seems to rarely be on sale

Event is April 19 @ 7 am

Nintendo must be really that confident that TotK is going sell gangbusters on its own cause we're not getting a full direct on the game at all?  We're moving straight into final trailer tomorrow and then pretty much a full month of potentially waiting in silence.  I mean I'm still hype through moon cause the amount we know is fairly miniscule in comparison to the info we know on most games by this  but not everyone is going to be cool with this level of mystery.   Then again though...*checks the final trailer for BotW* The very last trailer for BotW was 3:50 and it was powerful enough that its sitting at 28 mill views...so let's see if they can get this one to that level.