Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

13 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Never gonna happen...

I don't know...I actually thought the chance was probably slim but thinking about things from Capcom's perspective at this juncture.  They just finished remaking one of the best games of all times SUPER successfully.  They've been on a roll remaking and going through this franchise and even with REmake 3 being disappointing, nobody in their right mind would actually say it's a bad game and it was still successful.   There only options if they were to try to continue this after 4 would be to either remake/fix Veronica or actually attempt to remake/fix 5.   It's something I've been thinking about of the course of me playing REmake 4.  Both games I think have major opportunities in fixing them up but I think there's a great opportunity with Veronica to bring it more in line with REmake 2 and it could be fantastic.    I don't even know if they'd actually bother with 5 right now since I don't know....game still feels kinda close?  But who knows really cause Sony just remakestered TLoU 1 and made a ton of money on it so nothing is off the table really.

1 hour ago, DangerousJ said:

Why not?

I don't follow the series; I'm being serious.

I honestly think they don't want to deal with the Ashford Twins in today's climate. 

But also because CV isn't very popular, it wouldn't generate the buzz remaking a game people actually like does. I think them remaking 2&3 and then skipping CV to go right to 4 says a fuck load. CV doesn't impact the overall RE mythos very much, most people who played it don't like it, it's a social political mine field in today's climate when it comes to the Ashfords, and it has Steve........no one wants more Steve. 

I know these are all great reasons to remake it, but I think they are why it won't be. CV can be skipped and nothing is lost, the fans don't care that much about it, and Capcom knows all of this. 

I bet you 5 comes next if they keep this up. 

Edited by RSG3
4 hours ago, RSG3 said:

I honestly think they don't want to deal with the Ashford Twins in today's climate. 

But also because CV isn't very popular, it wouldn't generate the buzz remaking a game people actually like does. I think them remaking 2&3 and then skipping CV to go right to 4 says a fuck load. CV doesn't impact the overall RE mythos very much, most people who played it don't like it, it's a social political mine field in today's climate when it comes to the Ashfords, and it has Steve........no one wants more Steve. 

I know these are all great reasons to remake it, but I think they are why it won't be. CV can be skipped and nothing is lost, the fans don't care that much about it, and Capcom knows all of this. 

The CV does impact the mythos. It's the game that brought back Wesker, gave him superpowers and established his rivalry with Chris. The character that Wesker became started in CV. It was also the first game to explore Umbrella origin.

As for the twins, Capcom would be fine if they removed the crossdressing. Give a greater focus on Alfred psychosis and take it seriously. I would like if they ditched the cloning angle too (Alfred having an mental illness would be more believable as to why his father favored Alexa.)

RE4R managed to fix Ashley so they can fix Steve too.

51 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

It's the game that brought back

CV isn't needed for this. Hell almost hist entire presence is added content for the directors cut. We also don't need CV for this established rivalry with Chris it's pretty there already since he killed all the Syars Members just about. Like the issue is none of this was all that important long term, it's all fleshed out and given actual weight in RE5. 

They could change Alfred but then people will ask why. Like I don't think they want anything to do with it. Again them skipping CV and going right to 4 is so extremely telling about Capcoms desires to do fuvk all with CV. 

And there's almost no fixing Steve...lol

8 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Bruv, they modernized 4 and (despite how I feel) that proves they can recon the story to fit today's standards. Anything is possible. 

Almost finished with my first replay of re4. Looks like I'll end up a couple hundred thousand below the cost for an IRL since I still upgraded some weapons and missed my chance to backtrack in the castle for loot. Contemplating trying a knife and handgun assisted mode run next, or could cash one of my main guns out and buy that IRL, then go for an A rank run in professional with that IRL to get the typewriter. Decisions, decisions. The game is a blast for sure, especially with that indestructible knife.

Oh, and for anyone that hasn't played it yet, you can store your guns at save points, which eliminates the issue the original had where using a different loadout generally meant having to sell guns. Just one more nice touch that adds to the replay value.

Edited by Camacho
2 hours ago, RSG3 said:

CV isn't needed for this. Hell almost hist entire presence is added content for the directors cut. We also don't need CV for this established rivalry with Chris it's pretty there already since he killed all the Syars Members just about. Like the issue is none of this was all that important long term, it's all fleshed out and given actual weight in RE5. 

They could change Alfred but then people will ask why. Like I don't think they want anything to do with it. Again them skipping CV and going right to 4 is so extremely telling about Capcoms desires to do fuvk all with CV. 

And there's almost no fixing Steve...lol

Wesker was presence was always there. All the directors cut did was add additional scenes (One where Wesker meets Claire and extra encounter with Chris). What Wesker does in CV is important long term. CV is where he started collecting viruses to unleash them into the black market (The spin off games make more use of this than the mainline games).

These remakes changed a lot of things and often for the better. Alfred would be change just to be less problematic.  

Again I'm not saying they can't make the change. I'm saying they care enough about CV or the things that happen in it, it's not important enough to them in the grand scheme of things for them and most RE fans honestly. Were a niche group. They can roll Weskers virus collecting reveal into a 5Remake or something. 

I just don't see it happening. They blew past it without so much as a by your leave. If people want to see it they will have to demand it. 

Edited by RSG3
17 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Some people flipped their shit about characters gunning down black people when the game takes place in Sub-Saharan Africa, in the current climate I can only imagine the nonsense the Twitterati will spew. 

That was some douche named N'gai Croal who worked for Newsweek who started rolling the ball

and then Eurogamer piled on

https://www.pcworld.com/article/533500/is_re5_racist.html

I think one's thing for sure, Capcom is going to remove this outfit for a future remake

tumblr_nllfgiRvz81s755fuo3_1280.jpg

Edited by AriesWarlock
6 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Interview with Chris Judge

Interview with Richard Schiff

Danielle Bisutti interview

Deborah Ann Woll interview

I still can't get over Richard Schiff being Odin. He sounds like he should be running a deli in NYC 🤣

Chris Judge is a beast though. If he ever decides not to play Kratos at some point, might as well just keep Kratos mute in any future games or with subtitles only for his lines because nobody is gonna top Chris Judge.

Edited by DoctaMario
30 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Hate to say but making it grounded and realistic could be the first step to fucking it up....

Depends where the slider is on grounded and realistic.  There wasn't too many fantastical things in GoTsu aside from some sword tech and probably the grapple hook.  Everything else is fairly grounded so if its at maybe the same level as John Wick in terms of action execution, then that should be perfect.

I mean the combats pretty unrealistic...

I would like to focus more on taking it seriously then making it grounded if that makes sense. Ghost of Tsushima has some rather unrealistic elements to it, but it takes itself seriously. I think your bang on with the John Wick comparison, that shits also pretty unrealistic, but it always plays it straight, takes itself seriously, it isn't nodding at the camera. 

I mean was all know they're always working on the next Mario game buuut....considering that Odyssey 1 came out year one which is now 5 on its way to be 6 years ago and Zelda is getting a sequel this year.  It's not out of the realm of possibility that Switch could get another big Mario game before it dies off but then the question would be, what would they have ready for the new system in the next 2 years?  If I were them from a business standpoint,  I'd just pull a BotW and hold off and put it on both.