Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

8 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Forgot to mention...Ed posted this on 3/28

It's obvious what he's hinting at but I'm more curious as to the nature of it.  So it's obviously about MK12 but...is he saying that 12 days from then is when the first reveal trailer will happen?  You know...that type stuff.

I'm a little concerned that the game drops this year and we're still at the hint phase. No teaser trailer or anything. I know they only start dropping stuff months away from release, but still.

Almost near the end of RE4R. I want to bring up a few things

- Props to Capcom for making Ashley's gameplay segment genuinely scary. So much tension in that segment and made a goofy looking enemy something to fear. Those knights were bastards.

- Ashley is fun to have around in the shooting range. I noticed that the way she sits is a reference to this promotional image

3388763-4ashley_re4.png

- just like the original, the game begins to wear thin by the time you reach the mercenary Island.

3 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Almost near the end of RE4R. I want to bring up a few things

- Props to Capcom for making Ashley's gameplay segment genuinely scary. So much tension in that segment and made a goofy looking enemy something to fear. Those knights were bastards.

- Ashley is fun to have around in the shooting range. I noticed that the way she sits is a reference to this promotional image

3388763-4ashley_re4.png

- just like the original, the game begins to wear thin by the time you reach the mercenary Island.

I found the island to be much less of a slog this time. I think the sections that were trimmed/replaced were good calls overall. Side note, getting the unbreakable knife is making my first replay even more fun than NG+ was in the original. It's a very powerful tool, but not in the game breaking and short lived fun that the usual unlimited ammo RE unlocks generally are. 

Dead Cells---oh yeah I got my other outfits now---Sypha, Alucard and Trevor's outfits unlocked.  I also stumbled onto the "Richter Mode" today; I forgot that was even in there now.  That was an easier run on 3C this time just so I could get stuff done and unlocked.  Of course I beat the hell out of Medusa this time around....20-something points in Tactics again with the turrets and an explosive crossbow; Flawless Victory.

Of course I have the Alucard outfit on immediately....that is the new required uniform for my future adventures.

I had 22$ eShop coins, so I went ahead and pulled the trigger on Layer Section & Galactic Attack S-Tribute. Nice to be able to play RayForce on modern hardware. I snagged a complete copy of the game on Saturn as Layer Section but my CRT was giving out on me a few years back so I tossed it out. The extra features for S-Tribute are certainly welcome such as being able to adjust the difficulty. Even on low, this game is BRUTAL. It doesn't help that I am cheeks at Layer Section. Between the targets you can lock on to for multipliers and the intimidate enemy threats, this game can get overwhelming fast. Still like it a lot, tho. The Saturn soundtrack is the GOAT.

2 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

They dislike the actress's performance. I've seen a lot of complaints about fans seeing she sounds bored and uninterested. 

I found the voice change to be surprising and kind of weak, but goddamn gamers can be petulant douchebags. Seems like as soon as someone finds something petty to be upset about, shitloads of people have to jump on the bandwagon. Over and over this shit happens.

41 minutes ago, Camacho said:

I found the voice change to be surprising and kind of weak, but goddamn gamers can be petulant douchebags. Seems like as soon as someone finds something petty to be upset about, shitloads of people have to jump on the bandwagon. Over and over this shit happens.

Change gamers to people on the internet, since you see it done for movies,  series, cartoons, animes, games, streamers, youtubers, music, etc

Edited by Hecatom
4 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Change gamers to people on the internet, since you see it done for movies,  series, cartoons, animes, games, streamers, youtubers, music, etc

I think it's more accurateally refined down to nerds on the internet. I'd like to see a Venn diagram of the interests of people who freak out like this over tiny things. Hell hath no fury like a scorned nerd online. 

Another nice little detail they added in Dead Cells in a recent update---I just noticed it on some videos/streams from others; a change to graphics to make them a bit more cartoonish in appearance----this was added in the "Accessibility" update apparently; I didn't even know it was there until now.  It's a simple option to turn on "outlines" on the character and/or the enemies and/or projectiles/attacks!  That shit looks cool; I probably won't be going back to the default visuals.

*ok that dashing ability is such a cool fit for "style" points when wearing the Alucard outfit.  Of course there's other things I prefer in terms of effectiveness but it just looks too damn cool.  I'm currently on a "Brutality" build/run.... with Pyrotech and that dagger that gets bonus damage if you recently collected gold.

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

I really don't understand the need to seek out someone who's performance you didn't like any any medium and proceed to trash them.  These people are not politicians passing laws to actually change your life in any meaningful way so they def need to put that energy elsewhere.

"I have nothing else going in my life".

Understand now?

7 hours ago, Camacho said:

I think it's more accurateally refined down to nerds on the internet. I'd like to see a Venn diagram of the interests of people who freak out like this over tiny things. Hell hath no fury like a scorned nerd online. 

Nah, is not just nerds.

I finished my first run of RE4R. Excellent game

Spoiler

The second boss with Krauser is the highlight of the game for me. The second fight feels like something out of Metal Gear. Fighting through a maze filled with traps with Krauser popping up every once in a while, to snipe you or engage in a knife fight. He is a skill check boss and it's insanely fun. The core of his fight remains even when he transforms. He just has more bullshit up his sleeve. I like how the conflict between Krauser and Leon is far more personal than it was in the original game. You tell he was proud of Leon when he killed him. 

Saddler boss is harder and more annoying. He didn't need to have adds for his fight. He goes down easy with a maxxed out sniper.

Ashley becoming interested in becoming an agent near the end is an interesting development. It would be cool if she actually does become an agent in a future game. The overtime line was changed to Ashley offering Leon to become a part of her security detail when they get home. He should have taken her up on it. Same yourself future trauma 

Excella cameo on Wesker's PC screen.

Now remake Code Veroncia Capcom.