Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

Spent most of this morning digging through my old 3DS and Wii U games making sure I got everything I would want I terms of software and DLC downloaded before Nintendo pulls the plug on the eShop. Damn I forgot how SO many of the 3DS games have you open up the game to get the DLC from a menu within. 

Also shout out to Capcom for actually doing a sale as this bitch ends, you can get DuckTales remaster or the RE4 Wii version for $3 each right now. Meanwhile I am about to pay full price for Radiant Historia and Art Academy.

7 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

extra

While I still have my grips about how this game feels I appreciate DF being honest about various issues namely the controller issue on Xbox. It explains a lot about why I really disliked controlling Leon (I'm on series S) when the game goes on sale later this year hopefully by then the controller issues will get fixed. 

Dead Cells---man, on this latest run I just noticed a room with a cursed chest on Undying Shores... but I already killed all the enemies here... so the only thing now is to fight the Scarecrow... no way in hell I'm taking the curse this time, hell nah man... Scarecrow happens to be one of the hardest bosses in the game, imo....it's super-fast, has attacks that hit pretty much everywhere most of the time, summons things that explodes, etc. etc. etc.

*oh yeah, this is shaping up to be a good one... 25 points on Tactics; I'm only on 3c at the moment though trying to unlock stuff...funny how after so much 4 and 5c difficulty, playing on 3c feels like "taking it easy" now in comparison.

There's so much to get to at the moment... RE 4 Remake but also the Diablo 4 beta only for a weekend, and my usual Dead Cells runs, and the Diablo 3 current season.

D4 beta - I'm only up to level 10 on my necromancer.... I got to the point of having corpse explosion, which continues to be one of the best abilities in the whole Diablo series...it will probably always be pretty busted.

Edited by MillionX
7 hours ago, MillionX said:

Dead Cells---man, on this latest run I just noticed a room with a cursed chest on Undying Shores... but I already killed all the enemies here... so the only thing now is to fight the Scarecrow... no way in hell I'm taking the curse this time, hell nah man... Scarecrow happens to be one of the hardest bosses in the game, imo....it's super-fast, has attacks that hit pretty much everywhere most of the time, summons things that explodes, etc. etc. etc.

*oh yeah, this is shaping up to be a good one... 25 points on Tactics; I'm only on 3c at the moment though trying to unlock stuff...funny how after so much 4 and 5c difficulty, playing on 3c feels like "taking it easy" now in comparison.

There's so much to get to at the moment... RE 4 Remake but also the Diablo 4 beta only for a weekend, and my usual Dead Cells runs, and the Diablo 3 current season.

D4 beta - I'm only up to level 10 on my necromancer.... I got to the point of having corpse explosion, which continues to be one of the best abilities in the whole Diablo series...it will probably always be pretty busted.

I just picked up that dlc bundle last night so I'm looking forward to digging into some of those levels. I've heard Queen And The Sea is pretty hype.

What kind of a build are you running with Tactics?

14 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

In the remake you can end the village fight by shooting the bell yourself.

https://streamable.com/t/rbasyi

I haven’t played the original or this game, but I assume you wouldn’t have this weapon in your first playthrough?

No you wouldn't have a weapon like that on your first playthrough.  You don't meet the merchant until a few moments into Chapter 2.

5 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

I just picked up that dlc bundle last night so I'm looking forward to digging into some of those levels. I've heard Queen And The Sea is pretty hype.

What kind of a build are you running with Tactics?

Usually, my favorites are the Longbow; I think that's the name... the one that does crit damage from a long distance, and pyrotechnics or Quickbow, or that kunai/throwing knife...oh yeah or explosive crossbow is a good one too, though it's slow which is of course dangerous for certain situations.  The blowgun is another good one I started using more often recently....that's the one that poisons enemies and gets critical hits if you shoot them in the back...perfect for an "assassin" kind of character build, like if you have Phaser to quick teleport behind enemies for the cheap-shot in the back.  Magic Missiles is another good one that's also very fast and has some degree of tracking the quick flying enemies; even better than pyro in that regard.

For my backup items it's always that heavy turret and cross-bo-matic or the sinew slicer.  Another good option I like to have is the Wave of Denial; it's incredibly useful to knock bombs and other projectiles away or blast enemies into walls or off ledges for cheap kills....and it has a very low cool-down so it can be used often.

Edited by MillionX

Dead Cells----yeah I'm remembering now...  I did play Survival quite a bit the last time I was hooked before taking a break; I'm on a Survival run now with 27 points; about to hit the Lighthouse.  That Giantkiller sword was definitely my favorite weapon for Survival, though now it has strong competition with the new Death's Scythe....heh, and that's exactly the setup I have right now; Giantkiller IX-S has 22k dps regular... and 80k dps for critical... along with +80% damage to poisoned enemies, and my "scavenged bombard" (that cartoony-looking cannon) causes poison status.

Yep; the damage was just ridiculous...at least on a mere 3c; the Queen actually had no chance but DAMN I love that fight; I haven't gone there in quite a while... the tough part imo is the lead-up to the fight with her, since you have to fight her servants while ascending the lighthouse, ultimately fighting all of them at the same time.    I forgot she basically has Vergil's "Judgement Cut" super that you have to dodge between all the slashes that appear....definitely one of the coolest fights in the game there.

Edited by MillionX

^then of course we now get the occasional article or blogpost, etc rambling on and on about "why don't men approach anymore?".  They stopped being worthy of any kind of "risk" a long ass time ago.  Pretty much any interaction with them can easily lead to your life being destroyed.  They're just dangerous, life-destroying creatures at this point, armed with the luxury of a weak society that goes way out of its way to make sure they never have to accept consequences for whatever crazy shit they say or do.  A certain side also wants us to continue in the "believe all women!" thing too, of course, and they'll just keep making 1,000 excuses for why there shouldn't be anything bad happening to false accusers....that's the other thing that disgusts me; that so many people continue making excuses for them, no matter how crazy the situation is.

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

They have to start hitting these false accusers with the same sentences the accused would have gotten. These scumbags need to be held accountable. His reputation has been permanently tarnished. 

Word.

Despite being cleared and proven those cunts were lying, we all know that there are imbeciles on twatter still campaigning to have his life ruined

I thought Multiversus was just going to do what Fortnite did with his BR mode and just kind of quietly move from open beta to the real game without telling anyone especially when they were taking people's money.  Buuuut apprarently that's not the case.  That's kinda weird...

Ubisoft has pulled out of E3

https://www.ign.com/articles/ubisoft-pulls-out-of-e3-2023-after-previously-committing-to-the-show

uncomfortable GIF

Welp...I guess I have no reason to spend time to take off that week this year...

Separate Ways content may be coming to REmake 4 if dataminers are to be believed

https://www.ign.com/articles/resident-evil-4-dataminer-finds-reference-to-ada-wong-separate-ways-bonus-content

I am loving RE4R. Fully upgrading the knife is a must. It's the only way to take full advantage of the new mechanics and they are great. I found parries very useful in crowd control situations to setup melee attacks. No more getting caught by surprise by granny.

Stealth kills are another good addition. I doubt it is possible to get through another section without getting caught but it's good to go stealth to save on resources. If I can get at least three stealth kills without getting caught I did good.

I also like what it did with the merchant. He has an actual personality rather than being a guy who spews awesome one-liners. His new lines are awesome too.

21 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I am loving RE4R. Fully upgrading the knife is a must. It's the only way to take full advantage of the new mechanics and they are great. I found parries very useful in crowd control situations to setup melee attacks. No more getting caught by surprise by granny.

Stealth kills are another good addition. I doubt it is possible to get through another section without getting caught but it's good to go stealth to save on resources. If I can get at least three stealth kills without getting caught I did good.

I also like what it did with the merchant. He has an actual personality rather than being a guy who spews awesome one-liners. His new lines are awesome too.

Curious about stealth portion: if you got caught is the alert status permanent or can the villagers eventually lose your tail after awhile?