Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

11 hours ago, VirginDefiler said:

dead cells.

wings of the crow+kings sceptre=op

What's Wing Of The Crow? Is it like War Owl? I've been doing something of.a Testament build with Owl, Death Scythe and a couple other things lately. I'm at Dracula right now and still a bit stuck on his second form but I'm close to beating it.

I finished the game last week but decided to go back to 0BC because I don't feel like I have enough of a handle on it yet. Probably once I'm able to beat some of the tougher areas like Sanctuary and Sepulcher in 0BC more easily I'll move on.

Edited by DoctaMario
15 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

As a fan of Tales it annoys me how often Symphonia gets remastered. Like, can we get a port of Tales of the Abyss, the goat of the series? How about the ones that never got released in North America like Rebirth and Innocence?

I loved Symphonia back in the day, but I agree. Especially since they have shit ton of old games they could remake or remaster. I was cool with Vesperia but redoing the already uninspired Symphonia port from a few years back is a waste. I would rather have some of those high end PS2/PSP remakes of some of the older games they did redone. 

Edited by Wellman
On 3/15/2023 at 11:17 AM, Hawkingbird said:

As a fan of Tales it annoys me how often Symphonia gets remastered. Like, can we get a port of Tales of the Abyss, the goat of the series? How about the ones that never got released in North America like Rebirth and Innocence?

The worst part about it is each remaster/port of Symphonia is worse than the previous. The original GameCube version is still the best version to play. 

Edited by iStu X
On 3/14/2023 at 9:12 AM, Sonichuman said:

Looks like Druckmann is mostly going to stick to his guns.  I'm ready for people to get triggered!

Something I remembered.

I find hilarious he says he doesn't care about "haters" yet when the fiasco was happening, ND and Sony were copyright striking channels discussing the game, specifically, channels that said negative stuff about it.

Not care my ass.

5 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

What's Wing Of The Crow? Is it like War Owl? I've been doing something of.a Testament build with Owl, Death Scythe and a couple other things lately. I'm at Dracula right now and still a bit stuck on his second form but I'm close to beating it.

I finished the game last week but decided to go back to 0BC because I don't feel like I have enough of a handle on it yet. Probably once I'm able to beat some of the tougher areas like Sanctuary and Sepulcher in 0BC more easily I'll move on.

youre missing some weapons and skills apparently.

time to start fishing for stuff with the blueprint extractor.

I expect every anniversary Link to get re-stocks at this point. Twilight Princess and Majora have upcoming re-stocks (listed below). All that’s left is Ocarina, Skyward Sword and Wind Waker (if they don’t restock the 2-pack version it’ll be Smash Bros Toon Link)

oh, breath of the wild amiibo are almost guaranteed restocks as well. No reason for them not to be. 

Edited by iStu X

Well, I had to search for a while... and finally I found someone who got the console version of Wolcen and made a video/review commentary of it (haha NO one else?!  Seriously?  I only see this one dude's video!  ..a channel with currently 26 subscribers. Seems like everyone else is avoiding it)...and sadly, suspicions were right that this is a bit of a mess:

Edited by MillionX
20 minutes ago, iStu X said:

13 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

When they say core, they mean that battle pass, games as a service shit is staying huh? Hard pass if they don't remove that shit 

Yyyyup...that's exactly what it means.  The online thing is one thing but the gameplay is a whole nother thing.  There isn't really anything about the gameplay that really feels like it's a Suicide Squad game save for the story.  The story is probably gonna be crazy but literally every character flipping around the environment including King Shark running and gunning?  Big Eh.

19 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

When they say core, they mean that battle pass, games as a service shit is staying huh? Hard pass if they don't remove that shit 

I think the gameplay could be fun, but the fact that is a looter shooter live service surely has flattened the interest of many, and I can get that, it is the same for me to a good extent.

One take that I really don't share that I heard about the game is that it feels/seems arcadie/gamie when compared to the Batman games, like if that could be a bad thing, live service looter shooter aside, perhaps the arcadie/gamie vibes of the game is the only thing that keeps my interest above 0.

Saying that, what amuses me is that they pretend to sell skins for the chars, but so far what they have shown is meh to ugly.

I have a strong feeling we will not see anything near to what Rocksteady offered on the Arkaham series in terms of skins.

It wouldn't surprise me if Fortine has better skins that this game, like how it happened with Marvel's Avengers, where everyone was better represented on Fortnite as well.

BTW, modern Rocksteady is not the same studio from the Batman games days.

Of the people who worked on them, there is only 1 left in the studio.

Even the founders are gone.

Edited by Hecatom
23 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

One take that I really don't share that I heard about the game is that it feels/seems arcadie/gamie when compared to the Batman games, like if that could be a bad thing, live service looter shooter aside, perhaps the arcadie/gamie vibes of the game is the only thing that keeps my interest above 0.

I wonder if they referring to the immersion and "roleplay-ability" of thise Batman games. Yea it's over said but what those games truly excelled at always making you feel like you where Batman. To embody The Dark Knight as a role. The ganeplay is really arcadey sure, but it's all does in the service of the role play of being Batman. 

What about Suicide Squad makes you "feel" like any of those characters? Like does it sell the experience of being Harley Quinn or are you playing a game that has a playable Harley in it? Like it's two different things. What about flipping around like Spiderman with a Shotgun sells the King Shark is a Shark experience? Do Captain Boomerangs bullets come back cuz I sure didn't see a Boomerang...

This was what came to mind after reading that paragraph. I of course could be way off but that would be my interpretation of that complaint. 

24 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I wonder if they referring to the immersion and "roleplay-ability" of thise Batman games. Yea it's over said but what those games truly excelled at always making you feel like you where Batman. To embody The Dark Knight as a role. The ganeplay is really arcadey sure, but it's all does in the service of the role play of being Batman. 

What about Suicide Squad makes you "feel" like any of those characters? Like does it sell the experience of being Harley Quinn or are you playing a game that has a playable Harley in it? Like it's two different things. What about flipping around like Spiderman with a Shotgun sells the King Shark is a Shark experience? Do Captain Boomerangs bullets come back cuz I sure didn't see a Boomerang...

This was what came to mind after reading that paragraph. I of course could be way off but that would be my interpretation of that complaint. 

Yeah, is the only thing that I can think of as the reason people say the Arcadie/Gamie thing as a negative.

After all, I think that when people heard this game was a continuation of the Batman games story line, they expected a game in the same vein, not necessarily as gameplay, but giving an immersive super hero world, where the gameplay was in service towards the immersion.

Which, I can understand, but think that a more arcade like experience still could be a good vehicle towards that, depending of the tone of the game.

Imo, the rel problem wouldn't necessarily be that it is arcadie, but that the tool kits are too similar for each character, which for me is what truly is more immersion breaking, considering that all the chars are very well stablished in terms of powers and fighting styles.

Edited by Hecatom
7 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I'm fine with a more arcade experience but they should still seem like themselves. I didn't see one Mallet from Harley lol. 

I wouldn't be surprised if at a later date is revealed that the project was rebooted mid development.

Like, there was a version where each character had more unique kits but was rebooted cuz it was either not working, or was turning into a nightmare to balance different chars having different approaches to traverse and fight.

Add that the game has been in development for what? 8 years?

That amount of time only tells me production/development troubles.

Edited by Hecatom

As much as I love being able to preorder consoles online and have them shipped to my house, it doesn't compare to what it was like waiting in line for consoles back in the day.  I remember waiting in line at Target for my PS2 and my buddy and I got in line around 1am and we were 27 and 28 in line, and that Target was getting 30 PS2's in stock.  

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cp0z-OdPNDh/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY%3D

gm40of1.jpg

8IrUP7W.jpg

RVs2t23.jpg

Z374z3y.jpg

xtl9Zif.jpg

qpxkm7q.jpg

1jITged.jpg

Edited by purbeast

heh, I was part of probably the last event like that.... when the Switch was released, the local Gamestop close to me did the midnight (but really 11pm)  release event for it and oh yes...I was there in a line with some fellow Switch early-adopters, ready to get that shit asap....it was a really cute redhead girl working there too; nice bonus there....but yeah I got it + Breath of the Wild like probably everyone else at the time.  Fortunately for me, this store was very close to my apartment at the time...practically down the street....so in minutes I was back at the apartment setting up to play that now legendary system for the first time... yep I was at work the next morning with Switch to play on breaks and lunch...and I had very little sleep.

Legion of Judgement - that's an instant must-have for me.  The 2d action platformer/roguelike has become one of my top favorite genres in the past couple of years.

Dead Cells---it's paused/sleep mode at the moment but this run I'm on right now has been amazing...  it's 4C difficulty, and I've made it to the High Peak Castle....but I have no healing potion left.  A few biomes ago, I reset my passives to get "alienation" since my health was also low...it was looking bleak, but the alienation passive saved me; it's that one that increases the # of enemies you need to kill to get rid of a curse (so it goes from 10 to 15), for the bonus of  healing 5% health with each kill.... I love this passive because I usually go for curses anyway, especially on a Tactics build.... and 5% healing is niiiiice.  I went from close to death to full health in no time thanks to that passive and just 1 or 2 curses. (it's better than depending on the random luck of finding food items, as by default in this game...food is a rarity, so you can't depend on that)  This was, as usual a good call...because I saw only one food item appear and it was the small one that only heals ya for 15%.

At this point I got 31 points on Tactics....with "magic missiles" and "pyrotechnics" (2 of my favorites) as my weapon abilities...along with Heavy Turret and Crossbow-matic turret...high level amulet and some effects that spread oil to enemies which synergizes with the pyrotechnics, so the damage output here is ridiculous.  At this point I'm easily killing all normal enemies in 1 hit, maybe 2 at most....none of them have a chance.  It's still not a guaranteed win though because the boss in High Peak Castle is still a potential problem, even with all this damage I have going on....since I have no way of healing up at this point.  He probably kills me in 1 or 2 hits, so this fight will have to be done flawlessly for me to get by and finish the run here.