Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

Guardians of the Galaxy definitely deserves a sequel although its unlikely. Game does almost everything right. Great story, dialogue, respectable pacing and great character development. I honestly like these versions of the Guardians more than the MCU

A few tweaks to the combat to make it less spammy and more engaging, they'd have a banger on their hands. They've crafted a fine world, story, just need little things to push it over the edge, hate to see it go to waste

Highly recommended if you like Marvel or just a well told story with likeable, nuanced characters. Plus its only about $20-30

Wife actually had been playing this game on the PS5 ovee the past few weeks and its been fun watching her play.  The story is pretty great!

47 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

You do have the option for motion with twin sticks but its buried in the options apparently.  Its not as free aim as the wii mote controls but its a nice compromise.

Yea I know, it's how I know that control system has the heavier canon Bob and sway. I want that on the twin stick option. 

Edited by RSG3

Dead Cells-- pc version..

So this latest 4C run...I had it SO good... such a great setup; 20+ points on Tactics, but the critical thing was the amulet... I had one of those that has invisibility as an affix!  I think they made that rare for good reason, because it's obviously easy-mode.  You can just walk around the enemies and they have no idea what's up.  Well, of course it still went to shit though--- in Slumbering Sanctuary, I made the mistake of trying to kill an elite Ravager.  By himself, that dude would have been no problem to kill, but somehow a golem also got alerted and started fighting me.  A golem + an elite ravager = Game Over, easily.  There's no way.  Really, golems + anything is a potential game ender...that's just how dangerous it is; actually I'd go so far as to say the "golem" in Dead Cells is one of the most dangerous "regular enemies" in the recent history of gaming.  I should have killed that before sneaking up to the Ravager.

Invisibility + any setup is just godmode though... and of course your curse situations will be easy too, since you can walk up to enemies while invisible and insta-kill them if your stats are high enough on 1 thing.  I had the blow-dart gun that critical hits enemies in the back, and the fire-breathing ability like Yoga Fire as my other main attack... with a sinew slicer and the cannon from the pirate ship-related dlc.  If I didn't mess up here, this run would've been an easy win.

Edited by MillionX

Finally beat the first boss in Returnal.  I fought him 3 times total.  He was pretty tough, I just died more running around the map.  Now im in this desert like place.  It looks...its ugly and cool at teh same time.  Fighting giant cube-squid-things that fly around.  The game has really good sound too. 

hJWa4tw.png

eQFNbZG.png

I've been using this thing called Achievement Watcher and it takes screenshots when I unlock an achievement.  Its kinda neat.

Here is this -

I never even played a counter strike game.  Lots of people like that shit though.

I didn’t like Square’s guardians game. Cause they promised it was going to be more in-line with the comics than the MCU and it absolutely wasn’t. It was just more of everything I hate about Gunn’s version of the guardians. 

gameplay would have been a lot better if I had been able to control the other guardians. Playing as Quill was boring after the prologue. 

the game also came off as having a weird identity crisis. It wanted to be an 3rd person but it wanted to be an rpg but it wanted to be an action game but it wanted a heavy narrative focused game with multiple “choices” (there wasn’t any of these). It just felt directionless and just not great most the time. 

I overall really disliked the game. I picked it up for around $25 and regretted it. 

Edited by iStu X
33 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Uh....interesting....Valve actually announced Counter Strike 2 and it's a free replacement for CS:GO

https://www.theverge.com/2023/3/22/23651939/counterstrike-cs2-valve-smoke-grenades-limited-test

Just saw a vid for the game in my feed and was like ".....wait is this a new game?"  Interesting stuff that they're doing with the smoke.

From what I understand, counter-strike 2 is GO rebuild on the source 2 engine. Given how much money valve makes on its weapon skin economy they can afford to make it a free replacement

ha, first time playing Dead Cells on 5C difficulty has been some crazy/awesome shit...  normal enemies on this mode can transform into elite versions...and you gradually become more infected with the "malaise" as time goes on.... in addition to most enemies being able to teleport which is from 4C difficulty.  Oh yeah, I'm glad to finally make it into the "True" insanity of Dead Cells here.  

I still prefer to just go on with whatever random weapons and items the game starts me with, btw... at least most of the time.  I think most fans like to set the exact parameters like starting with their specific favorite items, guaranteed.  *sometimes* I'm in that mood but not usually.  I enjoy the randomness of trying to run with whatever pops up like "ok...so this is what we're starting with...let's see what happens here.."

LMAO totally forgot in Metroid Prime that you HAVE to collect artifacts to finish the game.  I thought those were side quests when I first saw that area in the game.

Then I beat what I thought was the final boss and had no clue where the hell to go, then it gave me the question mark on the main artifact room and was like OOOOH SHIT THAT'S RIGHT!

I collected 4 of them along the way and now am on the hunt for them.  I like the little clues they give you and plan on using those and not looking anything up online.  I found 2 pretty quick last night before I cut it off.

whoah hold on now... Cyael just mentioned this briefly in a recent vid I was watching so I had to look it up.... 

https://www.vg247.com/redfall-studio-looking-into-reversing-always-online-requirement-for-single-player

https://www.futuregamereleases.com/2023/03/arkane-studios-to-remove-always-online-requirement-for-redfalls-single-player-mode/#:~:text=Arkane Studios%2C the developer behind the vampire shooter,the developer understand player experiences and improve gameplay.

Arkane Studios, the developer behind the vampire shooter Redfall, has announced its commitment to removing the game’s always-online requirement for single-player mode. This decision came after players raised concerns over the restriction, initially designed to help the developer understand player experiences and improve gameplay.

I'm genuinely shocked here

Oh My God Wow GIF

I had already given up all hope and assumed we're firmly in this era of "yeah fuck the customers; we can just do whatever BS we want and they'll buy the shit anyway."

The first one I noticed was V-Rising; it was previously online-only but they pushed an update that changed that restriction...apparently Back 4 Blood did the same thing.  I would've considered any hopes of companies changing course on this shit to be a lost cause, but apparently not.

The public beta for Unreal Editor went live yesterday, giving anyone who’s interested a chance to start making their own games within Fortnite. Making use of some of the tools found in the broader Unreal Engine, the editor also lets players take advantage of a new programming language called Verse that Epic says will help streamline some of the process while also offering more customization. The company is also promising to pay out a generous share of its revenue from the game in order to compensate creators for their work (we’ll see how that part shakes out once the initiative gets further underway).

Grand Theft Auto V streets

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/06935eb4cbc3f11058eb4be2a6c94d0d.mp4

Minecraft