Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

Today I beat Malenia and Placidusax, among others. I've also completed the map, with the exception of Volcano Manor. I was going to complete it today, but they sent me on some dumbass assassination quest, and after that I forgot to go back and just completed Farum Azula and Elphael. I did get the assassination done, so I'll go back, beat Rykard tomorrow and close this chapter of FromSoft until I'm ready to explore the underground one day.

I'm sorry, but 🤣. These are the people on Mark Kern's "free stellar blade" petition actually voicing their opinion.

The thread is gold and the tweet he's quoting is gold.

EDIT: I found the actual feed where people are submitting their videos, but beware, the feed's been infiltrated with obvious trolls now.

https://www.change.org/p/free-stellar-blade/feed

Edited by axeman61

It should be funny to see what kind of silliness Disney has in store for the sure-to-be live-action absurdity of Kingdom Hearts.  I'm not a fan of that series, but it will be interesting to see the hardcore KH fans bracing for impact there.

So... will it be Zendaya or Pedro Pascal cast as Sora?  ...or perhaps Ncuti Gatwa?  

44 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

Yeah, I don't play SF6 (I keep chickening out and playing other stuff), but that Demon is cinema. If it looks like that in game, that's amazing. I don't remember any of the other supers looking like that.

They'll have me back when the True Lord of all things Purple returns. 

I enjoyed my time playing SF6, but not having Bison just felt odd to me. 

If you don’t know who ‘Penders” is. Ken Penders was main writer and artist for the original Sonic the Hedgehog comic by Archie for about 15 years.  He’s credited for creating over 200 characters through the comics. Most of which he likely wanted to fuck.

He also built up the Echidna mythos (like making Knuckles their reincarnation of Jesus or some shit?), the chaos emeralds mythos and a bunch of other stuff. 

Sega and Archie had to do a lot of reshuffling and reorganizing when they went to court with him over character rights among other things. A lawsuit which they both lost. 

Edited by iStu X
1 hour ago, iStu X said:

If you don’t know who ‘Penders” is. Ken Penders was main writer and artist for the original Sonic the Hedgehog comic by Archie for about 15 years.  He’s credited for creating over 200 characters through the comics. Most of which he likely wanted to fuck.

He also built up the Echidna mythos (like making Knuckles their reincarnation of Jesus or some shit?), the chaos emeralds mythos and a bunch of other stuff. 

Sega and Archie had to do a lot of reshuffling and reorganizing when they went to court with him over character rights among other things. A lawsuit which they both lost. 

Penders is weird for sure. I grew up reading the Archie comics and they got oddly dark sometimes, in a way that I happened to find cool. I was too young to understand his... oddities, so I only have good memories, but I refuse to go back and read them and ruin it.

IDW stuff is better but I only have so much bandwidth for comics and lately only read Rebirth Batman, some one-shots, One Piece, Dragon Ball and occasionally Ultimate Spider-Man.

On the subject of Sunset Overdrive, it seems that there has been rumors that there has been works for a remaster, but who knows how true they are.
At least the trademark by Sony seems to indicate that if they are true, then maybe is a matter of waiting for the exclusivity for Xbox to expire.

44 minutes ago, Lantis said:

Everybody talking about the wacky casting of the KH movie when I should be more concerned if they are gonna throw more shit into the lore to make it even more confusing

Oh and Chris Pratt as Sora. It is the only way

a friendly reminder that Dunkey did a great job at summing up everything you need to know in a few min

47 minutes ago, Lantis said:

Everybody talking about the wacky casting of the KH movie when I should be more concerned if they are gonna throw more shit into the lore to make it even more confusing

KH is to the point where not putting in more lore will make things more confusing lol. 

BG3---the plot just continues to get even more layers piled on in Act 3... there's so many variables at play now.... it's still tough to decide on what my character will ultimately choose here.  There's at least 3 alliances I have in play at this point (maybe even 4?!), and of course the goals are at odds....naturally staying on board with 1 looks like I'd eventually betray the others....and the thing is; it's tough to decide because each of these make sense as a way things would play out considering how evil and power-hungry my character is.

...also just got through one hell of a battle with some Gith that showed up....as usual, a LOT of cool shit happened there.  At one point, an explosive arrow shot from Astarion came through in a big way to do huge damage to several of those chumps at the same time...killing 2 or 3 of them outright.  I crushed another one with "Mind Blast" (I love the combat log of the death from that or other psychic damage--> " _____'s mind collapsed." heh, nice.)  That fight was tough at first because there were 2 mage Gith that were at a distance and holding magic portals open to continue summoning extra help.....but we ended up killing them all in such a satisfying blood bath in there.  

*counterspell worked well in there too... always a cool moment when an enemy tries to cast something and with counter you're like "Nah..."  haha one bitch tried to teleport and I shut that down too.

Edited by MillionX
5 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

I... did not know there were people pushing for Naoto to be a trans man,

Yea it's been a thing for a while now. It's a really really bad reading of the character and the culture she comes from. 

There's some legit criticism to Kanji's story and how the narrative treats him long term, but not Naoto, not really. 

Edited by RSG3

I have yet to run across one of these missions yet.

Edit:

You gotta be gotta be one of the worst fucking people to say "You got cancer for a reason" to someone over a videogame.  This shit is not that serious in the grand screen.  Grass needs to be touched.

Edit 2:

Sparking Zero trailer incoming tomorrow

Edit: accidentally posted

the same tweet so gonna just go ahead and replace it with the actual trailer here

Edited by Sonichuman

Hmmm, It seems like Hi-Fi Rush is at $21  on the PS Store.
And Prince of Persia is at 30 the regular edition and 36 the deluxe one.

Tekken 8 is at $49 and the deluxe is at $88
Tekken 7 definitive is at 19.19

Edited by Hecatom