Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

46 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

There's just something completely visceral about Reptile getting up and the first thing he does is blast his has through a  brick wall.

The beginning of the fight is insanely memorable. Reptile hears his name get announced and wastes no time in dropkicking someone through a wall. The music for that fight was amazing too. Only mark I have against it is that Cage just disappeared when it happens, but I assume because they added it in post, they couldn’t get Linden Ashby on set. Still my favorite fight in any of the MK movies along with the first Scorp vs Sub fight in MK 2021.

Posted (edited)

so....trailer soon?!?  This guy is covering it live

well, apparently not---Boon was on stage at the event and did an interview....then left without showing a new trailer, though it's supposed to happen soon, perhaps today?

Edited by MillionX

I just happened to run across the original message from Arrowhead's CEO that those people above were responding to

Here's hoping that Sony comes to the table and reverses the decision (that's the only thing I see at the moment fixing it aside from making it optional and people have have PSN have some benefit that comes with it).  Hoping that Sony is actually losing money on the returns because that would further motivate them to reach a better conclusion.

32 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I just happened to run across the original message from Arrowhead's CEO that those people above were responding to

Here's hoping that Sony comes to the table and reverses the decision (that's the only thing I see at the moment fixing it aside from making it optional and people have have PSN have some benefit that comes with it).  Hoping that Sony is actually losing money on the returns because that would further motivate them to reach a better conclusion.

This whole thing reeks of countries without PSN access not having enough DEMOCRACY 😤

Posted (edited)

I feel for the dev team, from what I can gather they knew about the PSN requirement as said above, but they didn't know how wide spread PSN unavailability was. That might have been some research they should have done but at the same time I can see why they wouldn't, why wouldn't you be able to get PSN anywhere with internet right? Why would you need a console specifically to make a PSN account in Ukrain, that would never cross my mind because yoy can do it browser most anywhere else that has a large population. 

The whole things a massive info and communication debacle and it's too bad the devs are getting blasted for it, but I can see why. Gamers are super duper fickle after all. 

That girl thinking the PC community is any different from the console community is a real fucking joke tho. I bet she truly believes that dumbfuckery, as if PC users don't lick Bethesda dog shit boot every time they release a piece of shit lol. 

Edited by RSG3
9 minutes ago, Lantis said:

I especially hate the entitlement when she wrote "PC community won't accept you". Like damn, who named her the spokesperson of the PC master race?

PC players are the biggest joke community imo because of how special and different they think they are when they are literally the exact same. 

They made that PC Master Race joke, then actually started believing it was true, which is the real punchline in the end. 

IF Vampire Bloodlines 2 actually is released...it will be the same deal with no playable Sabbat, since the folks running that IP just write and intend that faction to be the obvious "bad guys" groups in the lore.... no chance in hell of them being playable in the upcoming videogame either, which is a shame.

7 hours ago, RSG3 said:

PC players are the biggest joke community imo because of how special and different they think they are when they are literally the exact same. 

They made that PC Master Race joke, then actually started believing it was true, which is the real punchline in the end. 

The part that cracked me up about that tweet is how eager a lot of PC folk are to lick Valve/Steam's boots. Like peak lack of self awareness

10 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Great to hear.  Now Arrowhead can focuse more on the game and continue interacting with the community as it has been instead of getting harassed every day on something that while they did know about, ultimately didn't have the final say on it.

Posted (edited)

Quite a shame about Rumbleverse----it looked cool and fun at first glance, like something I could get into for sure----UNTIL I found out it more about it----battle royale and thus the standard "online only" kind of thing.....then of course it didn't last worth a damn after being the new popular thing online for about 5 minutes.

....such a shit-ass concept, this whole era of games that can always theoretically be completely gone from existence not even 2 or 3 years later.  Such asinine nonsense.

Edited by MillionX
17 hours ago, RSG3 said:

PC players can't be the biggest joke community with Xbox around. Xbox is all of the negatives of PC, none of the positives, and you have to pay for online. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

PC players can't be the biggest joke community with Xbox around. Xbox is all of the negatives of PC, none of the positives, and you have to pay for online. 

We need an "...ehhh..." reaction lol. 

Naw, I don't have Xbox players trying to jam their format down my throat. I don't have Xbox players treating every little frame dip as proof the games a dog shit slide show. Half the time I try to talk games with a PC player they start telling me about their rig and its rice rocket after effects and lights and shit like I care at all about their tower. I fucking don't. It's like talking the latest car race with someone and then the Rice Tuner guy shows up to brag about the lights he just mounted to his under carriage. No one fucking cares. 

Naw dog PC is way fucking worse. By miles. I honestly have more respect for a lot of Xbox owners then I do PC owners. Half of them don't even give a shit about games, just pushing 300fps and 900k, Ray Tracing a fucking puddle in the road, all the dumb fuckery that's making games stupid as fuck expensive and stupid. PC Snobbery is worse then any console war I've ever been a part of, least the console wars where still about the software. 

Edited by RSG3
Posted (edited)

PC gamers just come off as incredibly insecure. Trying to justify their platform every chance they can until they’re blue in the face. 

I just wanna play video games bro. I don’t really have any brand or console loyalty. I just buy whatever consoles have the games I want to play on them. PC doesn’t give me anything I can’t get anywhere else and Xbox hasn’t had anything appealing to me since 360. 

outside of some customizations that I don’t fucking care about and steam sales what does pc really have to offer?  🤷🏻

Edited by iStu X
19 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

We need an "...ehhh..." reaction lol. 

Naw, I don't have Xbox players trying to jam their format down my throat. I don't have Xbox players treating every little frame dip as proof the games a dog shit slide show. Half the time I try to talk games with a PC player they start telling me about their rig and its rice rocket after effects and lights and shit like I care at all about their tower. I fucking don't. It's like talking the latest car race with someone and then the Rice Tuner guy shows up to brag about the lights he just mounted to his under carriage. No one fucking cares. 

Naw dog PC is way fucking worse. By miles. I honestly have more respect for a lot of Xbox owners then I do PC owners. Half of them don't even give a shit about games, just pushing 300fps and 900k, Ray Tracing a fucking puddle in the road, all the dumb fuckery that's making games stupid as fuck expensive and stupid. PC Snobbery is worse then any console war I've ever been a part of, least the console wars where still about the software. 

Well I disagree. I don't have time for the constant glazing of Phil Spencer's who, not Don Mattrick, ultimately killed the brand by making it a closed box PC with no exclusive content. Phil's not your savior, he's been in charge for quite some time, and things have only gotten worse. The constant boosting of subpar "exclusives" as quality experiences when they are anything but. The going on on about the developers Xbox have bought when they little if anything  to show for it. The complete denial of reality blaming the poor review scores of their "exclusives" on a bias when the simple fact is the games  aren't that good. Starfield wasn't screwed out of the GOTY discussion. It doesn't even succeed at the things Bethesda is supposed to be good it. Every platform has fanboys. They are annoying but damn. At least PC, Nintendo, and Sony fans have something to fanboy over. The 360 era is long gone. Accept reality. People are not out to get you. MS is just constatnly dropping the ball. 

Posted (edited)

But I'm not talking about Phil and Xbox. I'm talking about fanboys, they have 0 to do with any of what you posted. 

I'm shitting on PC fanboys not stupid business decisions made by suits, that's a totally different conversation.  If that was the convo then I would be shitting on Sony right now, not PC Tower Rice Rocket lights.  

Dunno how you can disagree with me when your reaponse to me has almost nothing to do with what I said in the quoted post lol. 

Fanboys sure are stupid

"Yea but what about businessmen?"

Lol, yea they suck to, but I'm talking about users lol. 

Edited by RSG3
40 minutes ago, iStu X said:

PC gamers just come off as incredibly insecure. Trying to justify their platform every chance they can until they’re blue in the face. 

I just wanna play video games bro. I don’t really have any brand or console loyalty. I just buy whatever consoles have the games I want to play on them. PC doesn’t give me anything I can’t get anywhere else and Xbox hasn’t had anything appealing to me since 360. 

outside of some customizations that I don’t fucking care about and steam sales what does pc really have to offer?  🤷🏻

I thought you were a Nintendo fanboy.

Dont you like Pokemon a lot?

2 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

But I'm not talking about Phil and Xbox. 

I'm talking about fanboysn they have 0 to do with any of what you posted

I'm shitting on PC fanboys not stupid business decisions made by suits, that's a totally different conversation.  If that was the convo then I would be shitting on Sony right now, not PC Tower Rice Rocket lights.  

You didn't read what I posted if that's your take away. I literally talked about what Xbox fanboys do. Phil's not glazing himself....at least I hope not 🤢I'll just have to keep it simple.

• Xbox fanboys talk up Phil Spencer when does terrible job.
  • Xbox fanboys talk about mediocre "exclusives" games like they are exceptional.
  • Xbox fanboys talk about all the developers MS has bought when they've release little to no games.
  • Xbox fanboys blame poor review scores on bias instead of being honest about the quality of the game
  • Xbox fanboys have an inferiority complex over lack of exclusive content and their constant over compensating is annoying.

That's what I said in my previous post. You think PC gamers are worse. That's fine. Don't tell me I didn't talk about fanboys when that's exactly what I did.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

You didn't read what I posted if that's your take away. I literally talked about what Xbox fanboys do. Phil's not glazing himself....at least I hope not 🤢I'll just have to keep it simple.

Yea but they aren't doing it TO ME!!! The entire point was that they aren't obnoxious to me compared to PC players who feel the need to jam their stupid rigs performance up my ass whenever we talk games. 

My post was about which group I find more annoying by miles and the reasons why and yoy respond with a post about what Xbox fans do. They glaze phil? The fuck does that even mean? And why should I care when it doesnt effect me? The whole point was that PC fans have a bigger effect on conversation then anyone else. I never denied the existence of Xbox fans I said PC fans are far far more annoying. 

Phil and how they run Xbox has nothing to so with how fucking annoying either fanbase is. Xbox fans gassing up Phil isn't annoying. It's just stupid and silly. I don't care if they gas up their exclusives, it doesn't bother me. Then talking about bought studios is hot air that you can just hand wave off. EVERYONE blames anything they can think of for bad review scores of the games they like on every single platform. Every console fanboy has an inferiority complex, it's about whose is bigger and its very obviously PC players lol. 

You didn't read my post why the fuck should I read yours? 

Edited by RSG3
6 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I mean he shits on Nintendo pretty regularly...you can be a fan without being a blind one. 

Reminds me when Devil Jin assumed that I hated SFV and didn't play it because I didn't praise it blindly.
He was surprised to learn that I played the game, I liked it and ran tournaments despite always criticizing it with Sonero.

And speaking of SFV.
Man, this game really fell of quickly.
It was almost the same with SFIV, but at least with it, you still had people playing it and having tournaments, at least on a smaller scale.

SFV is just dead at the moment.
I have heard that it can take up to 50 mins to get a match on the queue 😮

The most I have seen, is some randoms uploading their lobby matches.

Is surprising that SFxT has more people playing it online than SFV, lol

2 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Yea but they aren't doing it TO ME!!!

You didn't read my fucking post why the fuck should I read yours? 

I did read your post. I didn't agree it. This really isn't that serious. We are talking about fanboys. They all suck. We just disagree about who is the worst.

1 minute ago, Hecatom said:

Reminds me when Devil Jin assumed that I hated SFV and didn't play it because I didn't praise it blindly.
He was surprised to learn that I played the game, I liked it and ran tournaments despite always criticizing it with Sonero.

I just think it's goofy you both play shit yoy clearly hate. 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I just think it's goofy you both play shit yoy clearly hate. 

I didn't hate SFV.
I just found some of its design choices questionable.
Like having deceptive normal animations, where the hitbox was way smaller than the animation.

Edit

Now, my brother, he didn't like it at all, he stopped playing SF with V, and 6 didn't win him over either.

Edited by Hecatom
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

And speaking of SFV.
Man, this game really fell of quickly.
It was almost the same with SFIV, but at least with it, you still had people playing it and having tournaments, at least on a smaller scale.

SFV is just dead at the moment.
I have heard that it can take up to 50 mins to get a match on the queue 😮

The most I have seen, is some randoms uploading their lobby matches.

Is surprising that SFxT has more people playing it online than SFV, lol

I'm not surprised that SFV fell off. The community was openly hostile to that game. It never really had the "Honeymoon" period most FGs get because Capcom fucked the launch up so badly. That said I am suprised SFxT has more players than it. Psychoblue's been putting in more work than I thought.

Side note: I'm sure it won't get one, but Stellar Blade needs an award for it's soundtrack. Damn that soundtrack is good. It's probably get blanked on any awards like Hogwart's Legacy did though.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

I thought you were a Nintendo fanboy.

Dont you like Pokemon a lot?

No. Not even remotely. While yes, I’m a fan of them, sure, but I wouldn’t consider myself a fanboy. 

But both Nintendo as a company and Pokemon as a company/franchise have done some downright dumb shit that deserve to be shit on, criticized and ridiculed. 

If you are a fan of something you should be able to acknowledge the good and the bad. As well as discuss them and when appropriate even laugh about it.

If all you do is shit on something you say you’re a fan of than I really don’t see you as a fan of it. You’re just being a disingenuous dick who wants to argue.

If you say you’re a fan of something but refuse to acknowledge any of the deserved criticism it gets or talk about any of the faults than you’re just being willfully ignorant and/or disingenuous. Which is just fucking annoying and I won’t take anything you say seriously. 

Edited by iStu X
Just now, Darc_Requiem said:

I did read your post. I didn't agree it. This really isn't that serious. We are talking about fanboys. They all suck. We just disagree about who is the worst.

Well it doesn't seem like because you went on this tear about Phil and shit. I don't care about that crap because I don't have to deal with it. No one owns xboxs anymore and those that do seem to know what they got. Like irl when I talk Xbox with someone it's a normal ass conversation about the game he can or can't play. When I talk games with a PC guy it's luck as fuck if we actually talk about games, he's gonna go on about his stupid fucking rig only he gives a shit about. He's gonna go on about how this game or that game falls below 144 fps and thus is unplayable garbage like a snob. He's gonna talk about his 16 gigabytes of ram, and he can run 90 programs while doing Stardew Valley or some dog shit no one cares about. It's just so much more annoying then any console war fanboy dogs hit has ever been. Console wars revolved almost completely around software. Talking to PC dudes it like talking to a gear head who doesn't realize the vast majority of people care about the race, not his fucking Fuel Injection system. 

2 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Side note: I'm sure it won't get one, but Stellar Blade needs an award for it's soundtrack. Damn that soundtrack is good. It's probably get blanked or any awards like Hogwart's Legacy did though

On a completely different note, we as a collective, that being users and developers, need to stop giving a single flying fuck about awards. 

They are meaningless and are only used to fuck over developers. Same for review scores. Banish review scores, stars, thumbs up, fuck all that shit. Just do the review.  The score exists for no reason then to fuck over developers. 

SF V picked itself up during the last season (I think around the time Ono left and new management came in). Too bad most people had already passed judgement on the game and there was no turning back.

If you had told me in season 1 that there was gonna be a Rival Schools characters with air combos, I would have considered you medically insane