Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

6 hours ago, HD-Man said:

I been seeing alot of dope ass PC mods and fangames Ive wanted to try out,  plus emulation. Would a Steam Deck be worth it for me as a man constantly on the go? 

Yea as Faltimer said it should be the perfect fit. Long as you aren't trying to melt your own face in 4k or something you should be able to do just about anything you want to with current software. 

Wes Ball talks about LoZ movie

https://thedirect.com/article/legend-of-zelda-movie-live-action-exclusive

Ball noted how the franchise is "one of the most important things ever in [his] life," and that the movie is "gonna be great," and "fans are gonna be happy:"

"We're working on it. I think it's gonna be great. Fans are gonna be happy. 'Legend of Zelda,' to me, is one of the most important things ever in my life. You know, next to 'Star Wars.' I've played 'Legend of Zelda' throughout my childhood into my adulthood. You know what I mean? I am a fan. I am a fellow fan. I will go to the ends of the earth to make sure that it is the movie we all hope it will be."

When asked when the movie might be released, the director joked, "I can't even tell you that, or Nintendo will come after me," but assured it would happen within the next decade.

Even movie directors know about the ninjas.

I dont understand these people.  They had no issue installing that nProtect GameGuard drm on their computer but they draw the line at having to create/link a psn account to the steam account?  It takes like 5 minutes to create a psn account and then they'd never have to look at that shit again.  But that's the line.  Fuckin' retards.

P.S.  Id be upset if I was somewheres that didnt have psn.

Posted (edited)

We’ve been made aware that some of our customers have experienced issues when trying to play our release of 😧 The Collector’s Edition on original 3DO hardware. Firstly, we would like to apologize unreservedly to all who have purchased the game and experienced an issue. At Limited Run Games, the quality of our products is paramount to us, we care deeply about our loyal community, and it is clear on this occasion we have fallen short of the high standards we set for ourselves.
Manufacturing games for hardware that is 30+ years old presents a variety of challenges. We partner with one of the biggest disc replication providers in North America to press our physical discs and despite researching original 3DO hardware and software extensively, we found quality and reliability issues when attempting to press 3DO discs in the traditional manner. In an attempt to offer full compatibility with original hardware, our disc replication partner was able to successfully manufacture the discs using a CD-R format, which we believed would work across all commercially available 3DO systems. This process was professionally done and was used to ensure maximum compatibility rather than serve as a cost-cutting exercise.
We tested the discs on the 3DO consoles in our office and all five discs from the game worked as expected. It was only upon shipping to our customers that we came to realise that some users were experiencing difficulty. We will not be selling or shipping further copies of this game, or any future 3DO titles until the situation has been resolved.
We are currently working with new partners to find a solution for traditionally pressed discs and will offer replacement discs to all customers. We will keep customers updated as this progresses, but in the meantime, any customer who desires can request a full refund at www.limitedrungames.com/support.
Please be reassured that 😧 The Collector’s Edition is the only game affected by this issue. Further 3DO titles will not go into production until this issue has been fully resolved, and we are confident in full compatibility.
Apologies again to our 3DO gamers, we will strive to do better.

I went through their timeline on X, and even in the replies above they didn't even apologize. They only did through that IGN article.

Edited by AriesWarlock

I was getting in some more Streets of Rage 4 time while waiting on car maintenance this morning..... Estel is just too damn good, man.  The alternate ->,->,X...you can just keep doing that over and over across the screen, while in mid-air she has another special that can drop either a grenade or a flashbang if you have the alternate move unlocked on that... all the moves with this character just seem to naturally flow and synergize with each other perfectly.  The standing Y special shocks and stuns, opening the enemy up for whatever you want to do next; it hits all around so that works perfectly to interrupt any others who may have been trying to get the cheap hit from behind while you were distracted.  That forward Y special the "Get on the ground!" police tackle is one of the best in the moveset, imo.... takes the enemy down and you punch them repeatedly while they are downed.

I unlocked her alternate Star move "surgical strike" which is some knife slashing move, but I don't think it's as good as the default one. (summoning backup officers that launch a missile(s), like the classic special from part 1)

I like Estel almost as much as Shiva... the moveset design on these characters....it is a thing of beauty.

Lately I wondered why game developers have reduced interviews with game journalists over the years and have instead focused on their own marketing. I don't wonder about that anymore.

1 hour ago, AriesWarlock said:

She's not a journalist but a hack rather.

I consider her more of a clickbait artist. I skimmed through her list of thrilling, insightful articles that include "Ranking Fortnite's Lobby Tracks From Worst To Best" and "Our Favorite Video Game Weapons Of All Time". She probably stirs the pot to prove she is not a computer AI.

For someone concerned about jiggle physics, she also wrote the article "Hades II Is The Kind Of Hot We Need Right Now."

Posted (edited)

Yea you guys are sharing her article getting her clicks and shit. She isn't a hack, she's a grifter and anyone pissed off her article is a successful mark. 

She's not a hack, she's  successful at what she is specifically doing, just like IGN France got a fuck load of traffic to their website for a certain recent "controversey." 

Edited by RSG3
4 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

Creator of @farmfolksgame tries to correct @Kotaku reporting, gets treated with contempt and thrown under the bus.

GMqU0Q7WAAAnDSg?format=jpg&name=medium

GMqVahOWsAAOdVh?format=jpg&name=medium

GMqVnVRXIAA-7x7?format=jpg&name=medium

She's not a journalist but a hack rather.

This whole culture war over T&A is getting beyond stupid at this point.  I don't like that fact that I'm agreeing with Grummz on this one specific fact that the CEO of the farmfolks games needed to apologize over this.  I haven't personally seen the "jiggle physics" in question but basing it one he's saying he was going for I'm pretty sure he's not trying Soul Calibur/DoA levels of shit flopping eveywhere.    Those people complaining about someone trying to realistically depict a human body are only succeeding in driving more people to know about a game that probably a good chunk of people weren't aware of until this stupid controversy started blowing up.  I didn't even know Farmfolks was a game that existed until this came about.   And then reading through that conversation really fucking triggered my ass when I got to "I am not a source.  You don't get to dictate how I represent you".  The very first thought that came into my mind was "What a fucking disingenuous bitch!".   Yeah you're not a reporter or anything but if you put out something that can be miscontrued and someone is telling this is misleading and you're leaving out important context and your response is tantamount to "tough shit" and then ontop of that you fucking DOUBLED DOWN.  Like god damn...the lack of fucking integrity is pissing me off.

Posted (edited)

Because Sony demanded it for the game to have cross play with other systems. 

And I get it but man once again I'm feeling like people are 9 U-Play accounts, 12 EA Accounts, Epic Accounts, Steam Accounts and on on years late to finally be pissed off about this. 

I had to make a Steam Account back in the day to cross play Portal 2 on PS3. 

With that said I understand all the people in countries where you can't make a PSN account and thats a huge failure on Sonys part, not the Helldivers Devs. 

Edited by RSG3

This looks like it wasn't a complete overhaul but there it's pretty clear there was some work done.  New and better texture work, som models were either clearly tweaked or completely redone especially in Luigi's case, animations look to be 90% the same save for lip movement adjustments here and there.  They didn't go really crazy on updating it but you can tell it was worked on.