Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

11 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I'm not surprised that SFV fell off. The community was openly hostile to that game. It never really had the "Honeymoon" period most FGs get because Capcom fucked the launch up so badly. That said I am suprised SFxT has more players than it. Psychoblue's been putting in more work than I thought.

I am not sure if it has more players, but at least it has a more solid online presence.
My take is that SF players do really hate to have to go to places like discrod to get matches, so they just jump to the new game and hope for the best, lol.

6 minutes ago, Lantis said:

SF V picked itself up during the last season (I think around the time Ono left and new management came in). Too bad most people had already passed judgement on the game and there was no turning back.

If you had told me in season 1 that there was gonna be a Rival Schools characters with air combos, I would have considered you medically insane

You know, I find sad that Ono became the scapegoat of what SFV sucked, since the dude is really passionate about SF.

BTW, Ono was not the manager of SFV, since he was moved to the esports side by the time.
The director was Takayuki Nakayama.
Ono was still the producer, but his role was less related to the gameplay/art/direction and more to make sure that everything that was needed was provided.

Most of the issues with SFV were capcom itself self sabotaging due not being that into doing more fighting games due SFIV having diminishing results, MVC3 underperforming and SFxT bombing.

SFV only really happened due Sony money hatting the project.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Well yea having to hunt down players elsewhere is fucking annoying lol. 

Perhaps I am too old school, but I prefer to play with people I know than playing against randoms 😅

Using discord, forums, facebook etc is like going to an arcade for me, in that you are going to a community of people you hang with and play with.

I still prefer locals, but not everyone is available nowdays to gather to play 😕

Edited by Hecatom
10 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Perhaps I am too old school, but I prefer to play with people I know than playing against randoms 😅

If I have to like a game to play against randoms. I'll play game that I don't like with people I know. It becomes less about the game and more about the camraderie. It's why I played Destiny 2 as long as I did. My closest friends and my brother are back in Virginia. Destiny allowed me "hangout" with them all virtually. The game itself was secondary.

12 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Perhaps I am too old school, but I prefer to play with people I know than playing against randoms

Yea most people just don't care. 

I'm the same as you where I wanna play with people i know, but it's still not worth it to me to join a discord to find people. So I play with my bro and few other people I know and that's about it. 

2 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

It annoyed me that the SFxT moved over to RPCS3. I know it's going to be a headache to get online working for an emulator.

Why on emulator instead of the PC version?

19 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

IIRC wasn't it broken by the discontinuing of Games For Windows?

The steam version also?
Cuz, as far as I remember, the GfW version was its own ecosystem, like how the PS3 and Xbox360 version are separated.
Steam and GfW don't really interact with each other.

11 minutes ago, TheInfernoman said:

😭I still like my Ecks Bawcks!

I have a lolbox one that has been more time being useless due different problems than being used, 😅
I ended buying Sunset Overdrive on steam because I wanted to finish the game and was cheaper and quicker to just buy there for 4 bucks instead of buying the brick.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

GFWL doesn't work anymore. Because of that Capcom removed the game from sale on steam. Since Capcom never updated it to make the game function without it the community moved over to RPCS3.

Well that sucks.

And Psychoblue even gifted me a copy of the game long time ago (never used it, since never liked SFxT)
Edit

The worst part is not being able to use mods to make the game look less hideous, lol

Spoiler

Bvz1p3NF9Cuoi-JZVMezww.jpeg?1200x900

Edited by Hecatom
6 hours ago, RSG3 said:

PC fanboy stuff

I made the switch to pc 9 years ago, and I'm glad I did for several reasons.  But I do largely agree with your points about the vocal pc gamer crowd online,  most notably the sorts you see infesting steam forums and reviews.  There seems to be millions of the most petulent, entitled, Po-like, spoiled douchebags one could imagine all over it. It's like the worst of the worst people in gaming culture get turbocharged.

4 hours ago, BornWinner said:

In the middle of the night, Nintendo officially confirms the Switch 2.

Nintendo Direct is also scheduled in June, but won’t have news for the Switch’s successor.

The Switch 2 is reeeeeeeaaaaaalll!!!

c6566e5f-06a1-4e63-a8a6-9f21c5b720f8-166

This fiscal eh?  If they arent going to talk about it in June then that means it likely isn't coming until Feb/March just like the first Switch.  So now is the time that Prime 4 has a chance to pop its head up.  If the rumors are true that means there's a good chance the some of the games st this direct might be cross plat.

27 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

This fiscal eh?  If they arent going to talk about it in June then that means it likely isn't coming until Feb/March just like the first Switch. 

Yeah, I was gonna say. This recent fiscal year ended back in March. So the announcement could be coming anytime between now and end of March of 2025. 

Just now, Sonichuman said:

Just...wow...Ya'll spent all that fucking money...fucking big dick money swinging buying up all these companies only to shutdown some of them shortly after acquiring them.  I wonder did Shinji Mikami see the writing on the wall and dipped out before it got to that point.  

Embracer did the same thing. Bought up a bunch of studios only to shutter a several of them. Shit makes me angry.

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I'm hoping most of those people land on their feet elsewhere cause those places have crazy talent in them.

Edit

Seeing Tango Game works there puts a dent to the idea that having your game on gamepass day 1 is a profitable strategy.

Edit

It kind of puts in perspective why the Creative behind Ghost Wire Tokyo left the studio (alongside many senior staff, like Shinji Mikami) when MS bought Bethesda, they saw the writing on the wall even back there.

Edited by Hecatom