Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

Vids

Spoiler

Zombie Army VR - Story Trailer^

Cat Quest III - Release Date Trailer

Sticky Business - Release Trailer

Sonic Dream Team - Content Update 2 Trailer

gonna need them to release this on some other consoles at some point.

Reigns: Beyond - Out Now

Stitch - Launch Trailer

Capes - Release Date Reveal

Moon Samurai Kickstarter Trailer

AntonBlast - Release Date Trailer

Refind Self: The Personality Test Game - Announcement trailer

SCHiM - Release Date Trailer

CoD: Warzone & MWIII - Cheech & Chong Bundle

Duck Detective: The Secret Salami - Release Date Trailer

Senua's Saga: Hellblade II - Meet the Cast of Senua's Saga: Chris O'Reilly as Thorgestr

Soul Covenant - Developer Diary

Valley Peaks - Announcement Trailer

Bzzzt - Announcement Trailer

Elden Ring Shadow of the Erdtree DLC - Collector's Edition Messmer the Impaler Statue

One Piece Odyssey - NIntendo Switch Announcement Trailer

Endless Ocean Luminous - Overview Trailer

Samoa Joe is coming to AEW: Fight Forever! World War

Dying Light 2 Stay Human - Nightmare Mode Is Here

ArcRunner - Console Launch Trailer

Fabeldom - Console REveal Trailer

Fate/Samurai Remnant - DLC Vol. 2 Trailer

Hot Lap Racing - Release Date Trailer

Sker Ritual - Launch Trailer

Darkest Dungeon 2 - Announce Trailer

Death and Taxes - Launch Trailer

V Rising - Ruins of Mortium Gameplay Trailer

Sword Art Online Last Recollection - Ritual of Bonds Vol 2 Trailer

Apex Legends: Urban Assault Collections Event Trailer

The Holy Gosh Darn - Date Announcement Trailer

Extra

Akshon Esports - What Happened To Omega Strikers?

On 4/18/2024 at 1:16 PM, Hecatom said:

Keep in mind, they kept saying that they expected it to go up to 10 seasons, lol

I dropped it after some few episodes on s2.

And from what I heard S3 was not better.

As someone that had the misfortune of making through Season 2, you made a wise decision. Quitting a show midway through is difficult for me to do, even when it's bad. I wish I'd done so with The Witcher though. Season 1 had flaws but it also had potential....which they quickly squandered. Watching X-Men 97 makes me wonder how good The Witcher would have been if Beau DeMayo were in charge. The Witcher: Nightmare of the Wolf is easily the best Witcher production from Netflix and he wrote it.

@MillionXYou are going to be eating good in Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 7. The expanded Evil Endings seem right up your alley.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

Oh yeah I'm looking forward to that with Baldur's Gate.....

I finally got to the point where the mystery of "Dark Urge" is revealed (act 3).  The downside here for me is that the air of mystery in a story always makes things more interesting, imo... I suppose the player's imagination can still always just fill in the blanks or pretend it's something else going on with your character's backstory.

On another character that's STILL in the Underdark of act 1(!)... I ran into some other robot "Bernard" apparently powered by magical energy that spoke in poems or literature references, something like that... for some reason it started a fight so of course....had to kill them.  Forcing some big fall-damage via "repelling" Eldritch Blast is always satisfying... in the combat log it showed it took 29 bludgeoning damage from the fall....heh, of course it didn't survive that....it was quite a long way down for that bot.  The other "animated armor" enemies in the area were light work in comparison; they had no chance.

I finished Fallout (the show) tonight and thought it was awesome.  I am not a fan of the games and don't like anything Bethesda makes.  I am just not into those kind of first person action RPG games at all.  So I don't know anything about the game world or anything like that.

But I thought the show was great and can't wait for season 2.  The way it ended just made me want to watch more and they definitely left a great story to be told in the next season.  They also left some things unanswered which is fine too so they can give answers in the next season, unless I missed some stuff.

I had read that some people said it got a little slow/down around episode 6 and I agreed but after finishing the final episode, the direction it went in those episodes made total sense why they did that.  In general, I just am not a fan in shows where they ...

Spoiler

spend so much damn time in flashbacks.  I want to know what is going on in the current story and don't care about the past.  However, the way everything tied in with the flashback stuff into the final episode, I was okay with it after the fact.

All in all, a fantastic show IMO.

4 hours ago, MillionX said:

Oh yeah I'm looking forward to that with Baldur's Gate.....

I finally got to the point where the mystery of "Dark Urge" is revealed (act 3).  The downside here for me is that the air of mystery in a story always makes things more interesting, imo... I suppose the player's imagination can still always just fill in the blanks or pretend it's something else going on with your character's backstory.

On another character that's STILL in the Underdark of act 1(!)... I ran into some other robot "Bernard" apparently powered by magical energy that spoke in poems or literature references, something like that... for some reason it started a fight so of course....had to kill them.  Forcing some big fall-damage via "repelling" Eldritch Blast is always satisfying... in the combat log it showed it took 29 bludgeoning damage from the fall....heh, of course it didn't survive that....it was quite a long way down for that bot.  The other "animated armor" enemies in the area were light work in comparison; they had no chance.

Are you 3/3 in Act 3? Just got 3/3 and about to face who I think the final boss will be. I also wrapped up all of the side quests that I could find. It's still crazy knowing how much I know I missed.

I didn't know Bernard would fight you. Never did for me.

Raxx has his review of "No Rest for the Wicked"

I'm loving the visual style of this game so far; I'll have to check it out soon....

*eh, not so sure I like hearing about the "gathering materials" thing... that seems to be a trend lately with games dishing out the "busywork" of cutting down trees and gathering stuff....usually that shit is just boring to me.  I just generally want good combat action and cool, interesting lore concepts and story.

*also it's concerning that he got thru apparently everything in such a short amount of time... they probably have more content planned though, I would assume.

Edited by MillionX

Just had one of the stupidest conversations in a while involving unlocks in a game. Where, upon me saying that tryign to unlock this basic ass thing the devs advertised, was tedious and unfun, I was told that it was a "skill issue".

So then I did the thing and told them one more time that doing this was tedious and unfun, also counterproductive. I swear, sometimes catering to your top 1% of players might be the dumbest shit you can do for a game.

🤦‍♂️

5 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Just had one of the stupidest conversations in a while involving unlocks in a game. Where, upon me saying that tryign to unlock this basic ass thing the devs advertised, was tedious and unfun, I was told that it was a "skill issue".

So then I did the thing and told them one more time that doing this was tedious and unfun, also counterproductive. I swear, sometimes catering to your top 1% of players might be the dumbest shit you can do for a game.

🤦‍♂️

Nowdays people just call anything skill issue.

Like, if you say that lets say, Charlotta is ass on GBFVR due how atrocious her hitboxes are, you will have idiots citing that since X player manages to do fine with her in some tournaments she is competitive viable and you are just playing her wrong.

Like common mate, all her normals and specials have sfv like hitboxes where the hitbox is shorter than the animation with hurtboxes reaching way beyond her hitboxes on a game eith most of the cast with parge  disjointed hitboxes due their weapons being quite big on the screen and you are here pretending that 2 or 3 players doing barely ok with her makes her good.

Get real son.

Her tools are useless to play the neutral, her rewards for counterhits are meager, the fatal counters are tied to useless normals, her specials put her at risk most of the time, specially of being fataled if you do her 22 + attack, yet she is good, lmao

@AriesWarlockThe Hades 2 thing doesn't surprise me at all. It's hypocrites being hypocritical. As for the "safe horny" term. It's just a bull shit term that they use to try and hand wave away their obvious hypocrisy. Kind of how they are dismissive of women that disagree with them on anything and say they have "internalized misogny". I still chuckle at the thought of mentioning "internalized misogny" to one of my best friends and him being in disbelief thinking I was fucking with him.

What the fuck is "Safe Horny"? For fuck's sake, if you like fanservice be upfront about it. Don't try to pretend that you're better than others because somehow your fanservice is classier. Nothing about the Vanillware games was "safe horny" that shit was just normal horny for Japan.

God the people losing their shit over Stellar Blade are the worst. Gotta randomly see people seething over a fake ass. If fan service is not for you, its not for you.  It isnt' for me. I'm not going to go out of my way to play Stellar Blade for the same reason i'm not playing MK games or DoA: fanservice isn't what draws me to games.

But don't split hairs about it. Fake horny cunts. Could never be as chill as Juri and her Friends were in 97. Those were cool peeps.

😤

I don't get "safe" horny especially they are gonna try to drag Dragon's Crown's Sorceress and Amazon into this conversation.  Muscle mommy's are not as bad while tits having their own zip code are horrible...makes no sense to me.  You're either getting suffocated or death by snu snu.   And again this is a such a subjective thing cause there's people out there who might just be rejecting of both of them and find the elf more attractive than those 2.

This kinda reminds me of a post that showed up on my feed regarding Rhea Ripley.  Someone drew her and did modify some of her features in their drawing and apparently people jumped on the artist.  The changes weren't really egregious imo, just made her slightly thiccer and gave her a bit more bust but retained all the buffness and people went nuts...only for Rhea Ripley to fucking retweet the drawing lol. 

Edit

Edited by Sonichuman
5 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

GLdmvU-akAAGqfW?format=jpg&name=large

The safe horny is new to me.

I wonder if this retarded-ass "debate" is going to impact Stellar Blade's sales at all. I'm like 95% "no", but having your game get mostly talked about by a bunch of losers b/c titties and ass can't have a good effect. Seems like that shit is all I hear about this game, and it seems like the devs had nothing to do with it besides designing a hot MC.

Edited by axeman61
1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

I don't get "safe" horny especially they are gonna try to drag Dragon's Crown's Sorceress and Amazon into this conversation. 

Because people think they're being smart or clever or being "tastemakers" by creating fake nuance. The hilarious part is that the people creating fake nuance are usually frame one bookmarking hentai on twitter.

Stellar Blade, from all I've seen, is a game for adults. Hades invariably is a themed as a game for adults. It may not seem like it on the surface, but its kind of the same convo that  is being had about kid trans shows. Which is that we really, really, really stop letting kids into places or things that are for adults.

There's a great case to be made for representation, not having every female character looked have her ass hanging out etc. Trust me I get it. Female designs in SF6? Daughter loved all of them. Having the choice in outfits so you can get younger players in? Great move too. Stellar Blade or Hades? Not for her really. Same with a bunch of other games. And if you're a responsible parent, you can monitor that shit with minimal effort.

So its essentially goofy pearl clutching. Because it isn't like we're in some weird hentai world. There have been a lot of great female characters that are dressed. There's also a hilairously amount of questionable dressed characters that are beloved. WE gonna pretend we don't live in a post Bayonetta/Kill La Kill/w/e fucking armor broads were wearing in WoW? If you don't want fanservice in games, there are a lot of fucking alternatives out there.

So since gaming has moved to where there is a lot of choice in female characters, you can't fucking complain about fanservice anymore.

Peeps who like horny got a character? Great for them. You can go play somethign else or stop being hypocrite.

23 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

I wonder if this retarded-ass "debate" is going to impact Stellar Blade's sales at all. I'm like 95% "no", but having your game get mostly talked about by a bunch of losers b/c titties and ass can't have a good effect. Seems like that shit is all I hear about this game, and it seems like the devs had nothing to do with it besides designing a hot MC.

Two words. Hogwart's Legacy. Stellar Blade sales would not be what they are if the gaming media didn't crazy about Eve's appearance. They galvanized people that would have not bought the game to buy it.

1 minute ago, axeman61 said:

That's Harry Potter though. People know and love Harry Potter no matter what JK Rowling did. All I see about Stellar Blade is ass/titties and a bunch of clowns praising it just because the MC is hot.

Hogwart's Legacy was the number 1 selling game last year, because of the controversy. The media push for a boycott plus them talking about JK Rowling views and not the game. Was big driver to push the sales as high as they've gotten. Harry Potter's popularity peaked around two decades ago. Harry Potter games couldn't crack 10 million units in sales then. Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets sold 9 million copies. Hogwart's Legacy has sold 24 million plus. That's nearing 3 times the sales. And Harry Potter himself isn't even in the game

I think you're over stating it, i know lots of people who bought that game cuz they got to explore hogwarts, do t give a single fuck about any controversy. Yea some bought it becaue of that (and that's kinda sad honestly) but it didn't not make millions and millions of protest sales or anything. 

Honestly I'm with Axe Man the conversation around the game from almost everyone has been extremely frustrating because the only thing anyone talks about is her ass. 

I even posted long posts about Stellar Blades demo and got barely a response in here buy like 2 days of stupid IGN controversy dog shit. 

I really do hope Stelllar Blade is good because if it really does turn out to be ass and tits the game I'm gonna be kinda pissed off. The Demo showed signs of potential but I'm not nearly as on board with it as all the Coomers on YT are calling it the next Nier Automata and GOTY potential, and I include Niers director in that description to. 

Edited by RSG3
6 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Oh wow...we trying to put propaganda on Henry Cavill now?  For real?  Dunno how that's gonna play out cause I feel like most believe he was the best part of the show.

He was. Also if you watch interviews for the show, Henry is in tons of them, WITH Anya and Freya. He's in a few with Joey as well so wtf is she talking about?

There's an indie game that I've really enjoyed playing called En Garde!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1654660/En_Garde/

It's currently on sale, and I bought it at that sale price. I regret not buying it a full price. It's an awesome and short little game that I smiled through all the way to the end. It can be fun to play with a partner or close friends watching, and it's charming way to distract yourself if you're alone too.

Please do check it out!

16 hours ago, Dayaan said:

I am on my first playthrough of Elden Ring. This game is worse than DS3 and Sekiro. AMA.

I haven't played DS3, but I wouldn't say ER is worse than Sekiro. Two completely different games and I love them both,  but if I had to give one of them the edge it would probably be Sekiro.

Edited by Chadouken
14 minutes ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

Do they have to be alike to like one more than the other?

Not really but when a comparison between two things is made they usually have something in common and outside of a having the same director they are pretty different and offer wildly different experiences from one another. 

Would be like me going "Overwatch is fun enough but I like Star Craft way better." 

Outside of both being Deved by Blizz what do they have in common to brought up in the conversation like that? I dunno just seems strange to me. 

But I find the way people compare Sekiro to a bunch of incredibly Stat based rpgs pretty weird in general. *shrug* 

Naw haven't played Inkbound, been grinding out Dragons Dogma 2. 

I recently found there's alternate "star moves" in Streets of Rage 4 that are unlocked in that brilliant Survival mode... I got Shiva's and someone else so far; usually Shiva is one of my regular picks so that is more fresh on my mind at the moment... his alternate is that cool move he does as a boss character, where he summons 1 or 2 ghost clones of himself as backup....and of course this gets extra crazy in Survival since there's a powerup you can get where your star move also summons missiles from the sky.

Yeah, randomized "Survival" mode in beatemups should just be a standard thing from now on.... it is one of the greatest new ideas anyone has added to the genre.  

Random vid I just searched that has some good info/commentary about the greatness (and features the legendary main man Shiva)

ohhh I didn't realize "Fly Kick" was THAT damn good.... oh yeah that's getting picked next time for sure...

Edited by MillionX

Ever since the last little kerfuffle we had over digital faces here, I've been peeking in on this guy just to laugh here and there. He hasn't let me down; he talks about dumb shit like this all day. But this feels like gold. If you EVER want to know what a persecution fetish is, it's like god/the universe shaped the perfect example above.

I feel sad for anyone waiting on whatever game he's working on. Even if he was closing in on a release date, there's no way this terminally-on-twitter dude is giving you something good.

Edited by axeman61

Interesting----I just haven't got into Last Epoch *yet*...

He cites one problem being a lacking endgame situation... I was thinking it's the classic problem of there just being too much other good stuff out there at the moment that's still fresh.  I'm still hooked on Baldur's Gate of course...and then Dragon's Dogma 2 also just came out....and this is just 2 of the major games that have been released lately that can easily get people hooked for a long time.  Competition for the player/audience's time in the games industry at the moment is so much more than it once was.