Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

19 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

@Sonichumanyou see that new tower defense automaton mission?  

Yeah I mentioned it earlier.  It looks like most of them are gone now since we're pushing back and not defending at the moment but I don't doubt it'll come back at some point.  I played that shit at level 7 and its tough. 

This guy said "put it on level 9, what's the worst that could happen?"  Shit...let me watch this video lol.

15 hours ago, MillionX said:

Baldur's Gate---so I fought this robot called "Grym"... it's such a ridiculous character and fight... but easily beatable via a gimmick of pushing a lever so a giant hammer device smashes down, crushing him for 150 damage a hit....he has "only" 300 so once he gets smacked 2 times with that it's done.  However... the crazy thing is that he's borderline invincible to everything unless you make sure the lava is still in the area so he's "superheated" and as a result... vulnerable....otherwise he's super-resistant or flat out immune to about every form of damage.  Even with the gimmick I still just barely made it through that nonsense.  This is worth it though, because you get 875 exp for killing it.  He summons those little demons called "mephit" as well so that's even more exp.... my warlock already had "haste" cast on him by Gale so all of those little guys were easily destroyed by my 2 actions = 4 Eldritch Blast beams...they didn't even get a chance to fly over and do anything.

What gear did you end up forging after the fight?

Oh... I guess I might go back... after that was over I didn't even bother... but I'm still in the general area.  Currently though this warlock main character I was playing has the staff that gives "lightning charges" (a reward from another quest)... it's been so good since the charges occasionally add that little extra lightning damage to your attacks....so my Eldritch Blast could potentially hit them up with force, necrotic from Hex, psychic (illithid "psionic overload" power) and lightning all at once....

Later on, I finally ran into "Omeluum", an interesting character I was looking for since I knew he was somewhere in the Underdark.  Now I'm regretting the fact that this was a thing I spoiled for myself in researching some things...I could imagine it being a shock not being aware of that character and suddenly he appears out of nowhere as you're talking to this other dude.

2 hours ago, MillionX said:

Later on, I finally ran into "Omeluum", an interesting character I was looking for since I knew he was somewhere in the Underdark.  Now I'm regretting the fact that this was a thing I spoiled for myself in researching some things...I could imagine it being a shock not being aware of that character and suddenly he appears out of nowhere as you're talking to this other dude.

I had no clue who that was and had to look it up. I can't believe all of the stuff I've missed. Tempted to do an evil run to get Minthara.

Oh yeah, the lovely Minthara has been part of my crew for a while now, on the character I have in Act 3.  The damage she dishes out can be pretty insane; paladin smite attacks for days....and I also have her wielding a legendary mace called Blood of Lathander so that's been a factor as well.  She's also a strong natural counter to any undead thanks to all this "radiant" damage.  

On 4/13/2024 at 4:32 AM, MillionX said:

Vee got some time with that new Rogue Prince of Persia game

Wait so they basically made a Dead Cells-ed PoP game??

On 4/13/2024 at 1:26 AM, Hecatom said:

Yes, we can try to play there, I just need to install it today.

It seems I have it installed

I am just missing the season pass 2 😅

I'm bummed you guys are playing on PC because I actually tried to jump on and get some games and this game is legit dead online :(

2 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

I'm bummed you guys are playing on PC because I actually tried to jump on and get some games and this game is legit dead online 😞

Sony raising PlayStation Plus to $80 was the last straw for me. I don't play Destiny 2 anymore and with the advent of crossplay I buy fighting games on PC now. I can't tell you the last time I actually played one of the free monthly games you get. I wasn't giving them free money.

Baldur's Gate----man.... the reaction of Raphael when your character mentions "I'll control the Crown for myself..."...it's like he did the J. Jonah Jameson meme for real:

Spider Man Lol GIF

...after he recovers from laughing at you then he's like "Oh...oh you're serious?!"

EDIT----ohhhh the plot thickens once again... yet another variable to think about in terms of my character's allegiance....

Spoiler

So now--- Lord Gortash is a possible ally, I see... and so far the Emperor is cool with the idea so this is another thing to consider in terms of how I proceed.  The deal with Raphael, or remain on Emperor's side and possibly ally ourselves with Gortash.... there's so much going on here to think about in terms of which road I'm going to be on in the story...

...yep I just struck a deal with Gortash; we'll see how this alliance plays out then.

Edited by MillionX
7 hours ago, Chadouken said:

Anybody seent Fallout?  I never played the game so wasn't tracking the series,  but now I know Walton Goggins is in it so I will check it out. 

I don't like the games at all (or any Bethesda games really) but watched episode 1 last night and was kinda blown away by how much I liked it.  Just the opening scene is like HOLY SHIT!

I was never a Fallout fan, but it was fun to laugh at the absolute disaster that F76 was.  I remember *trying* to get into it with part 3 or 4 but that world just wasn't quite grabbing my interest like the Elder Scrolls world/lore does.

My only experience with Fallout is with Fallout 3. But it was short lived.  I remember creating a character and walking around a vault for a while. Then when I got out I went to a town called Megaton and I started killing everyone and they kicked me out.  So then I was alone in the world with no supplies or any upgrades and it sucked balls. I got killed by a giant rat.  Fuck Fallout 😤

Edited by Chadouken
12 minutes ago, Lantis said:

Did Fallout 76 ever get fixed? I read the dismal reviews it had upon launch

Honestly don't know. I just remember laughing at it having bugs from Fallout 4 that fans had already fixed via mods in it. To be that damn lazy... IIRC the same fix from Fallout 4 worked Fallout 76. Since it was online, it limited how much bullshit Bethesda's QA team...erm fans could fix.