Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

In other words, she is a racist cunt that will try to redefine racism so she is not called on her stupid bullshit.

A reply to the thread puts it nicely

I seem to recall another group in the 1930s that used a race's alleged "privilege" to justify not only racism towards them, but heinous acts against them.

She says replacing "white" with "black" doesn't count, but replace it with "jew" and suddenly it's an excerpt from mein kampf

I always thought it was weird how many obvious lies people would come up with for Mortal Kombat back in the early years.... people saying random things and trying to start rumors like "I heard AL BUNDY was a hidden character in this one!"---and they'd say that shit with a straight face trying to start a rumor (or repeating the lie they heard from someone else)... or "In that forest stage, you can make it so one of those trees with the faces will eat the opponent as a stage fatality!" or "I heard HOMER SIMPSON is a secret character in there!"  

Of course some of these are because back then, I happened to be friends with certain people who were habitual liars anyway though....the kind of people to just make up something so it sounds like they know more than everyone else in the room at any given time....so maybe that's it---the fact that there's just a lot of people out there that are like that.

On another note---Upper Echelon vid with Asmongold commentary here that is spot on...

....too bad that war has already been lost.  Most gamers (younger gens especially) are too short-sighted and apathetic to really care that much, so the large greedy corporations already have a "Checkmate." situation and that's that.  Most politicians are also still in the boomer generation (along with their constituency; look at the dinosaurs we have running for the Presidency AGAIN, btw) so they are unaware or just don't care about topics like this in first place as well.  So no, there is no hope.

Edited by MillionX
6 minutes ago, Lantis said:

Seems like we're getting mindless Ermac instead of Jerrod Ermac from story mode

As long as he doesn't abuse the "We are many you are but one" line I'm OK with that

Damn Jerrod can't catch a break. Dude comes back life and his damn near immortal wife dies like 5 minutes later. Finally "playable" in MK and it's not even him.

3 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

My main is Kitana, but I might go back to my MK9 days where I was wrecking shop with 'Mac. It's early, but it looks like they did a WAY better job with him than I was anticipating.

Edited by axeman61

@Hecatom @Darc_Requiem

Yall laugh,  but bungie with their back against the wall looks to have done some pretty crazy shit with allowing us to mix multiple subclasses in one build. If they stick the narrative landing (which they did with Witch Queen but failed miserably during Lightfall)  then it could potentially be some good content.  New enemy types also,  not just reskins. I'm hype, but I'm also aware they are masters at overhyping their content. And wouldn't it be fitting for them to let me down one last time? 

2 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I'm getting spoiled on some stuff regarding Rebirth since My wife is playing it and she has surprisingly taken a lijing to Queen's Blood after initially planning to ignore it.  This shit involving Red XIII is so unserious lmao.  I love every bit of this!

There is one thing about Red XIII that caught me off guard and I still can't get used to it. Won't way what it is just be safe, but when you get that point, you'll know what I mean.

15 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

@Hecatom @Darc_Requiem

Yall laugh,  but bungie with their back against the wall looks to have done some pretty crazy shit with allowing us to mix multiple subclasses in one build. If they stick the narrative landing (which they did with Witch Queen but failed miserably during Lightfall)  then it could potentially be some good content.  New enemy types also,  not just reskins. I'm hype, but I'm also aware they are masters at overhyping their content. And wouldn't it be fitting for them to let me down one last time? 

I am laughing that you also call it Density 😂

4 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Weird, I dont see any ugly people in either of these photos. I see a model all trussed up with makeup and perfect lighting, and then I see a character very clearly based on her but not under absolutly perfect super model conditions. 

Where is the ugly person? 

Edited by RSG3

That SW character is a clear step up from the dog-ugly bitch in the new Fable game though....and the 2nd version of Alloy at least, with her strange "Nickocado Avacado as a ginger" porky face.

*I wonder if there will be customization in the new Fable game, actually... this was a complaint I had with the previous ones... that there wasn't much customization other than the clothing you wear and picking if it's a male or female character, if I recall.  The character's looks only changed depending on the morality of your actions, I remember....it was a frustrating mixed bag there; sometimes (heh, most times, really) I want to be an evil character while still looking handsome and cool.  

45 minutes ago, MillionX said:

That SW character is a clear step up from the dog-ugly bitch in the new Fable game though....and the 2nd version of Alloy at least, with her strange "Nickocado Avacado as a ginger" porky face.

To each their own, but Aloy always looked gorgeous to me in both games.

14 minutes ago, Lantis said:

To each their own, but Aloy always looked gorgeous to me in both games.

Same. I'm playing through it again right now cuz I haven't done the Burning Shores stuff yet and she looks great. She's a bit heavier in the face but not much and it's not remotely ugly. 

I dunno man all this is really starting to have "Pointy elbows, 3 out of 10, would not bang" energy. 

Edited by RSG3

Fortunately for me there's not much temptation with that game anyway.... it's Star Wars but I'm not playing a primarily lightsaber-wielding, force-using character?  I can't choose to be a villain, it looks like?  It's a no for me, dawg.  There's just a few very simple things like that I look for in a Star Wars game, and it doesn't appear to be served up in this one, sadly.

...a good thing I hear that a new KOTOR is in the works; my friend has talked up that game for many years, and of course Baldur's Gate 3 finally got me a bit more open-minded about turn-based games.

Edited by MillionX
8 hours ago, Hecatom said:

The 2nd game clearly had downgrades

901ra4vcmy171.jpg

Why is it always that same picture? Have you played or watched even a YT short of the actual game to see her face looks way better in motion? Hell, even in that comparison pic, she's scrunching her face up at something in the second half.

Edited by axeman61
10 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Weird, I dont see any ugly people in either of these photos. I see a model all trussed up with makeup and perfect lighting, and then I see a character very clearly based on her but not under absolutly perfect super model conditions. 

Where is the ugly person? 

It's the bangs. 

Bangs on chicks just don't look good on most of em.  Only a very select few can pull it off.

3 hours ago, axeman61 said:

Why is it always that same picture? Have you played or watched even a YT short of the actual game to see her face looks way better in motion? Hell, even in that comparison pic, she's scrunching her face up at something in the second half.

I played the game, yes, and she is chunkier and have a manface on the game.
I used that pic because is easier to find on google, specially when you are on the phone, so...

Edit

Also, many of those "same pictures" where part of their press release, official material that they used to promote the game.

Edited by Hecatom
1 hour ago, Hecatom said:

I played the game, yes, and she is chunkier and have a manface on the game.
I used that pic because is easier to find on google, specially when you are on the phone, so...

Edit

Also, many of those "same pictures" where part of their press release, official material that they used to promote the game.

HOW can one look at her in motion like this:

And see a "manface"? Or a face that's SO drastically different from the last game (outside of a graphics upgrade)? Like, HOW?

I'm biased: even if they were actively changing faces, and I cared, that'd be issue 9,726 I have with gaming. Nowhere close to the top 10. But I'm literally not seeing any difference. Every one of these "face-gates" seems so fucking stupid to me.

Edited by axeman61
8 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

Dat Ratio:

The utter lack of intelligence modern gamers display is astounding. If a "physical" copy of game can't be played without an initial internet connection, then it isn't a physical copy of the game. It just a digital copy that requires a disc check. Given the numerous issues that have occurred over the years, some very recently, if you can't see what the problem then you are just stupid. Show some modicum of deductive reasoning for God's sake.

Day 1 patches are kind of 1 thing but if you are shipping a 1 player game out into the wild on a physical disc and it can't be played from beginning to end without requiring to be connected to the internet then thats an issue.  Really defeats the purpose.

I take issue more with that than the VG company spending unnecessary money on a model for a face that they were going to change up a little bit and they could have sculpted from scratch themselves and maybe saved some money.  I'm not going to lie.  Its weird that companies are hiring models for their face and then making changes but I'm also not going to pretend I fully know the full ins and outs of how much something costs to do versus just getting a model and scanning as a shortcut.  They could definitely just use their artists to create a face model from scratch but that could potentially take longer to do versus paying a model who looks close to what they are looking for and then tweaking it.  The whole discourse surrounding the face is extremely small potatoes in the grand scheme of things cause attractiveness is always going to be subjective. 

Apparently there was a post that got put up and then shortly deleted lol

2 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

It kinda defeats the purpose of buying physical if the version of the game that ships physically is outdated before it's even released.

And yet almost all of them do and have for 15 years at least. 

So is the tag wrong? You pretty much need the internet for a proper install or else you're playing probably a buggy broken mess. I don't want to play Day 1 pre patch Elden Ring I'll tell you what. 

Edited by RSG3
11 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Lmao, no. 

But if is what you want to believe feel free to do it. 

Then post actual screen shots bro. I literally posted a screen shot I took from the game below your post and you ignored it becauee posting old photos you pull off of Google is way easier then actually dealing with real screen shots from the actual game by actual players. 

Only one believing fake shit here is you to push this stupid idea that videogame characters being made ugly. They aren't, they just aren't pandering to your bishoujo pvc women statue fetish like Stellar Blade is. Aloy isn't remotly ugly or Manish in Forbidden West. She's slightly heavier in the face, that's it, as per my actual in real time screen shot from the game of her face last night. It's amazing how my screen shot from the game doesn't look anything like your picture. 

Edit:Hell ill even take requests, I'll take any screen shot of her from the game you or anyone else wants. 

Edited by RSG3