Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

2 hours ago, Chadouken said:

Why would you buy a portable gaming device that needs to always be connected to the internet? 

On god fr fr no cap that's mad sus, periodt. Sony need to do a vibe check and yassify that shit so it hits different. Sheeeesh.

Let's see if my old ass can translate this.

I swear, for real, no lie. That's really suspect. Sony needs to do some research and alter the product so that will land effectively. Gee willickers.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

Miyamoto says don't trust Dr. Mario

https://www.ign.com/articles/shigeru-miyamoto-says-we-shouldnt-trust-dr-mario

I mean....yeah?

Amazon has preoders up for the TotK amiibo now, I was gonna order it from GS but I really didn't want to pay the extra $5 for shipping so this is perfect.

https://www.ign.com/articles/where-to-preorder-the-legend-of-zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom-link-amiibo

Full IGN Miyamoto interview, mostly about the movie but some other subjects here and there

https://www.ign.com/articles/dont-compare-him-to-disney-nintendo-shigeru-miyamoto-the-super-mario-bros-movie

Edited by Sonichuman

Well, nice way for them to immediately kill any hype I would've had about a new playstation portable system... a constant internet connection required for a system...  a portable system.  Get all the way up out of here with that foolishness, Sony.  They'd have to be the ones paying me to waste even 1 second of my time on such horseshit.

smh GIF

*at least this will be entertaining as the next great gaming dumpster fire situation for everyone to laugh at.

Edited by MillionX
3 hours ago, VirginDefiler said:

the queen in dead cells is beefy af.

she wont let herself get pushed off the edge. im tryin to unlock that achievement. damn trident and bone didnt do shit to her regarding pushing her. 

I still haven't made it past her servants yet. I bumped up to 1BC tonight for fun and the main thing that gets me is the fountain being broken here and there. Other than that, it seems perfectly manageable right now

I'm about to throw this controller into a wall.

I recently acquired a Gulikit King Kong Pro 2 controller. My nephew won a smash tournament at his local library (The other kids had no answer to his Sonic's homing attack and spin dash spam). He got this Gulikit controller as a prize. He ignored this thing after winning it and I asked him if I can have it. Getting this controller to work as intended as become a fucking nightmare. I connect the controller to my PC and I'm getting drift like button presses on left Dpad button and B. When that doesn't happen the Bluetooth connection drops constantly and there's input delay (which also sometimes make the buttons drift again). I upgraded the firmwares on the controller and it did nothing to fix the issues. I would return this crap if this was something I paid for. 

42 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

I still haven't made it past her servants yet. I bumped up to 1BC tonight for fun and the main thing that gets me is the fountain being broken here and there. Other than that, it seems perfectly manageable right now

servants are a bitch. hardest boss fight to perfect. i'll never b able to do it even if i could vs other bosses.

servants, mama tick, dracula both forms, death, queen and true final boss are the bosses i havent perfected yet.

mama tick im close but her damn tentacles always catch me.bbut between all them bosses imo servants is hardest.

its alotta bullshit on the screen. n they hurt. when they hit u.

my advice. get accostumed to not using ur flask ever. saving it for tough bosses n find n buy every food store.

cuz theres food shops after 1st boss fight i think in every level.

n dont use the mutation that adds 50% hp but 1/2 ur food effect. no. not that. its a good mutation but not when u cant refill flasks.

n unlock everything weapomns  items. get the blueprint extractor n keep using it till the game progression wont let you cuz skill cap.

its a fun game im glad u all like it.

ive been playin it since early access. but this game is hard af especially 3 boss cell n up.

i beat 4 bc but couldnt beat 5th boss cell n true final boss wihout using custom mode n making it way easier. with custom settings.

tbh.

i think when the develops invented the malaise bullshit meter, n made things that hard to beat to see true final ending..i thought they lost their minds.

they took it too far. made it stupid.

i thought the game was fun n fine without the boss cell bs. it was hard enuff but locking the true ending behind stupid steep difficulty was too much. imo.

too over the top.

but im bored w dead cells.

i just have a few achievements left to unlock. like a dozen left but most of those are perfecting he bosses i mentioned.

i have alotta outfits yet to unlock tho. too lazy to blueprint extract em.

i wish the outfits had powers. i swear. like sonic outfit makes u do sonic hedgehog stuff type coolness oh well

an interesting thing happened recently playin dead cells. couple days ago i went into mama tick fight with ice armour legendary. 

and foresight active which lets me get hit 1x where it dont count. 

and i had gold plating mutation. takes ur gold instead of health. thinking that that might easy mode me a perfect.

but nope.

gold plating negates it. even tho i beat with full health. the game counts u getting hit as getting hit even tho u receive no damage due to the mutation.

so dont bother using it to try to gain a perfect. doesnt work. 

i assume gold plating doesnt save u from death if u get hit while rockin cursed sword.

The console editions of FF Pixel Remasters are looking clean. OG soundtracks and new fonts? I likey.

Ray'z Arcade Chronology has gadgets a la M2, which is very freaking nice. It also has difficulty toggles for each level, which is great for a scrub like me. This release marks the first time I've ever played the arcade version of RayForce. It is awesome and upon looking in the sound settings, you can change to the Layer Section soundtrack.

1 hour ago, VirginDefiler said:

servants are a bitch. hardest boss fight to perfect. i'll never b able to do it even if i could vs other bosses.

servants, mama tick, dracula both forms, death, queen and true final boss are the bosses i havent perfected yet.

mama tick im close but her damn tentacles always catch me.bbut between all them bosses imo servants is hardest.

its alotta bullshit on the screen. n they hurt. when they hit u.

my advice. get accostumed to not using ur flask ever. saving it for tough bosses n find n buy every food store.

cuz theres food shops after 1st boss fight i think in every level.

n dont use the mutation that adds 50% hp but 1/2 ur food effect. no. not that. its a good mutation but not when u cant refill flasks.

n unlock everything weapomns  items. get the blueprint extractor n keep using it till the game progression wont let you cuz skill cap.

its a fun game im glad u all like it.

ive been playin it since early access. but this game is hard af especially 3 boss cell n up.

i beat 4 bc but couldnt beat 5th boss cell n true final boss wihout using custom mode n making it way easier. with custom settings.

tbh.

i think when the develops invented the malaise bullshit meter, n made things that hard to beat to see true final ending..i thought they lost their minds.

they took it too far. made it stupid.

i thought the game was fun n fine without the boss cell bs. it was hard enuff but locking the true ending behind stupid steep difficulty was too much. imo.

too over the top.

but im bored w dead cells.

i just have a few achievements left to unlock. like a dozen left but most of those are perfecting he bosses i mentioned.

i have alotta outfits yet to unlock tho. too lazy to blueprint extract em.

i wish the outfits had powers. i swear. like sonic outfit makes u do sonic hedgehog stuff type coolness oh well

Thanks for that.

What mutations do you normally go with and what kinds of builds do you like best?

I have no shame about giving myself unlimited continues with Assist Mode, it's a means to an end where learning the game is concerned. It's nice to be able to just jump back in if you get waxed by some late game boss and just give it another try.

I've been hearing mostly good things from people who have went to go seen this movie aside from actual movie critics.  and then there's some lady named Grace Randolph that I'm hearing about that is notorious for just shit opinions.  I've never heard of this woman until now but judging from what I'm seeing, this appears to be a thing with her.

I'm almost thinking of subjecting myself to this review just to hear exactly how shit of an opinion she has on this because if I can only fathom how bad the full review is based on that clip.

10 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Thanks for that.

What mutations do you normally go with and what kinds of builds do you like best?

I have no shame about giving myself unlimited continues with Assist Mode, it's a means to an end where learning the game is concerned. It's nice to be able to just jump back in if you get waxed by some late game boss and just give it another try.

i dont really have a fav build, but there are some items n weapons i never use vs weaps/items i always use.

ice armor, wolf trap, giant killer, baseball bat, toothpick, iron staff, lantern,  katana, gold digger, sonic carbine, magic missiles, alchemic carbine, boys axe, electric whip, pyrotechnics, lightning bolt, yumi, assault shield, spike shield, heavy turret,  crusher, barricade, phaser, wings of the crow, mushroom boi, leghugger are the weapons n items i feel are very strong.

with ice armor, wings of the crow, ferrymans lantern, wolf trap are prob the strongest things in the game. 

as for mutations..

recovery, vengeance, tranquility, soldiersresistance, armadllo pack,  dead inside and wish are the mutations i often use.

recovery n armadillo being the 2 i use most.

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

Grace Randolph has always been a goofball. A couple of years ago she insisted that Marvel didn't own Spider-Man and it was Sony's property. She's best left ignored. 

I remember John Campea torched her. She said something dumb, as usual, but his wife caught a stray and dude got PISSED. I didn't know Canadian's could get that angry.