Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

5 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Oh god...I'm seeing this movie in my head right now.  It's all cute and action packed and everything's colorful and then the last 20 minutes take the darkest swerve turn that the whole audience gets whiplash in the process and it proceeds to give all the kids nightmares.

YEEEEESSSSSSS. Make those kids leave the theater like

Sad Chis Sweet Home GIF

1 hour ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Sat down and actually cleaned up my file before going into NG+ for GOW: Ragnarok.  Unlocked another Platinum.

I was on the fence about doing a NG+ run in Ragnarok or starting RE4. I opted for RE4 first, but Ragnarok is next in the queue. I've heard there's some cool new armor and upgrades that make it worth the second run.

This is also contingent on me beating RE4 before Jedi: Survivor, because that'll skip to the front of the line.

RE4 started to click tonight. Got past the first village with the fucking chainsaw guy and made it past the Farm to the Lakeside Settlement. I think I just fought a minotaur. Took two grenades and a few shotgun blasts to take him down. These enemies don't fuck around! I'm gonna keep on with Hardcore mode for a bit longer I think. Game is awesome.

1 hour ago, RegH81 said:

Gimmie the Kirby movie next, Nintendo. 

The rumor is that Nintendo will gauge the possibility of a NCU on Mario and the next movie.

The idea is that each movie will be standalone movies setting their own universes and possible sequels, but if the 1st 2 meet their goals, they will dip into building an Avengers event (ala Smash Bros).

The next movie is not yet confirmed, but is expected to be either Zelda or Metroid.

The goal for Mario is 500 million

The goal for the next is between 500 to 700 million.

10 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

This is just fucking cool.

Most of the time I really wish Nintendo had gone with this kind of suit up design instead of the Iron-Man Nanomachines style of suit up Samus has. The second one makes more sense with how "Magical" Chozo tech is, but man...a good mechanical suit up is hard to beat...

Edited by RSG3
1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

Most of the time I really wish Nintendo had gone with this kind of suit up design instead of the Iron-Man Nanomachines style of suit up Samus has. The second one makes more sense with how "Magical" Chozo tech is, but man...a good mechanical suit up is hard to beat...

I mean you might get your wish depending on how they approach a Metroid movie.  If it's live action I feel it's more likely they could do a suit up a la Iron Man 1...at least in the beginning.  Prefer the nanomachine style suit up personallly if only because like you said it makes more sense.  And I don't know...I feel like less people will ask more questions when she rolls her self into a ball if it kinda like...appears directly from around her. 

*watches my mom watching Samus transform and roll into a ball and can see the gears turning in her head, immediately cuts her off before she can even ask*  "Just let it rock lol"

11 hours ago, Hecatom said:

The rumor is that Nintendo will gauge the possibility of a NCU on Mario and the next movie.

The idea is that each movie will be standalone movies setting their own universes and possible sequels, but if the 1st 2 meet their goals, they will dip into building an Avengers event (ala Smash Bros).

The next movie is not yet confirmed, but is expected to be either Zelda or Metroid.

The goal for Mario is 500 million

The goal for the next is between 500 to 700 million.

Not saying you are wrong or anything, but where are you getting this information?  Do you have a link to it?

6 minutes ago, Abbachio said:

That reminds me, I need to get back to OG Ninja Gaiden 2

I hear it runs really well on modern Xboxs. Could be worth going back to if that's the case. Won't fix the level design, pacing and enemy issues, but least it won't move like smudgy molasses 85% of the time. 

8 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I hear it runs really well on modern Xboxs. Could be worth going back to if that's the case. Won't fix the level design, pacing and enemy issues, but least it won't move like smudgy molasses 85% of the time. 

Instant PTSD flashes to that fucking jungle area and the rocket launcher dudes.

I make a habit not visiting Polygon but here is example 3,984,142 of why it's a joke of site. They have an article titled "1993’s Super Mario Bros. is so much better than the new animated movie"  I won't link the article because, fuck giving them any web traffic, but they have the gall  to say the 93 Mario movie better than the new one. The hate boner for Chris Pratt is real. I'm not saying you can't enjoy the 93 film. I enjoy the Van Damme SF movie but I am under no delusions that it's a good movie. If the 93 Mario Film released today, Polygon would be one of the first outlets burying the film for having Mario and Luigi played an by an Englishman and Columbian. Not only that, the bulk of the article would have been about toxic work environment on set and not the actual film.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I make a habit not visiting Polygon but here is example 3,984,142 of why it's a joke of site. They have an article titled "1993’s Super Mario Bros. is so much better than the new animated movie"  I won't link the article because, fuck giving them any web traffic, but they have the gall  to say the 93 Mario movie better than the new one. The hate boner for Chris Pratt is real. I'm not saying you can't enjoy the 93 film. I enjoy the Van Damme SF movie but I am under no delusions that it's a good movie. If the 93 Mario Film released today, Polygon would be one of the first outlets burying the film for having Mario and Luigi played an by an Englishman and Columbian. Not only that, the bulk of the article would have been about toxic work environment on set and not the actual film.

That is WILD AF take in 2023 and its a would have been a wild AF take back when SMB 93 first came out.  I mean they're entitled to their opinion...truly they are but...how anyone can actually watch SMB 93 and and then watch this movie and go "....Yeah.  first movie is better".  SIR....DID WE WATCH THE SAME MOVIES?!  It's the type of take that screams of agenda or being paid off.  The type of take that makes any and all opinions that come from the same place have a level of untrustworthy doubt to it.  Like if they agree with you, you start questioning if maybe you were wrong.    I subjected myself to that questionable review earlier so sure I'll find it to lose a few IQ points.

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Heh I love the 93 Mario Bros movie....specifically because its so fucking bad lol. 

I saw that old movie at Target about 2 years ago, before that particular location drastically reduced their tv/movie section (went from several rows to 1 small section of half an aisle... I hate this gradual death of physical media).... I thought about getting it for a while just to have such a legendary horrible movie in my collection, but nah... it's so terrible that I didn't even get it for myself for laughs.  Keep in mind--- I actually bought the blu-ray of Leonard, part 6 from that store earlier.

I strongly suspect that Leguizamo has really just been trolling, tbh....just to be funny and keep himself in the entertainment news at the moment.

28 minutes ago, MillionX said:

I saw that old movie at Target about 2 years ago, before that particular location drastically reduced their tv/movie section (went from several rows to 1 small section of half an aisle... I hate this gradual death of physical media).... I thought about getting it for a while just to have such a legendary horrible movie in my collection, but nah... it's so terrible that I didn't even get it for myself for laughs.  Keep in mind--- I actually bought the blu-ray of Leonard, part 6 from that store earlier.

I strongly suspect that Leguizamo has really just been trolling, tbh....just to be funny and keep himself in the entertainment news at the moment.

Other than the guy who fixed John wick's car in the first 2 movies, I havent really seen him in much in the last decade.

Plus, he does a lot of voice stuff n the last decade and may be angling for a role in the sequel.

10 hours ago, purbeast said:

Not saying you are wrong or anything, but where are you getting this information?  Do you have a link to it?

Sadly not at the moment, since is something that was thrown some time back, maybe 2 to 4 months ago.

But if you think about it, it makes sense, not necessarily the numbers or the fact that the goal is an ncu, since we don't have a way to corroborate that, but the idea behind it.

The major mistake all the failed shared cinematic universes had was that every single one of them were rushed and announced without taking the time or care to have the pieces be build separately.

They basically asked the public to commit for years without 1st gauging if there was interest.

Since is a rumor, we don't know if is true or not, but the logic, to me at least is sound.

Lets see if the individual movies/ips are successes on their own, without them being tied to a shared narrative.

That way the public has the incentive of watching self contained stories where they know the plots will be in resolved in said movies.

And if there is an steady growth in the Nintendo brand movies, then create an event where the universes collide.

Allowing the 1st crossover to be a surprise instead of a known endgoal to build the hype.

Add that Universal already tried and failed to have their own CU, and probably will be interested to create one with Nintendo, since Nintendo's appeal is proven and they are already committed to long lasting relationship anyway with the parks and plans for the separated movies anyway

So an NCU, perhaps not in the marvel sense but on a crossover events at certain times makes sense since it creates commitment to the brand once people are hooked to it.

But again rumor.

The only reason I see it as more or less credible is because the leaker is someone who has been right in the past when leaking stuff about movies and series.

3 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

Other than the guy who fixed John wick's car in the first 2 movies, I havent really seen him in much in the last decade.

Plus, he does a lot of voice stuff n the last decade and may be angling for a role in the sequel.

Yeah,, but attacking Universal and Nintendo with politically charged attacks (even if he believes the words or not) will not endear him to them in any capacity.

3 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Metroid would probably be the last of those to get a movie, if it even ever gets one. I know you all where thrilled when Brie Larson said she wanted to do it lol (I actually like her so i wouldnt mind lol.)

I actually think that there is a good chance of being the 3rd one simply because there is a new Metroid game coming, and it will be good brand synergy to at least have it announced by the time that the game is out.

We all know that Zelda will be the 2nd Nintendo movie since is as Big as Mario and pretty mmuch the other IP that one would say defines them in the eyes of the public after Mario.

I will lol hard if this somehow wins

Lily isn't bad as Ada but I don't think she's put enough characterization into the voice in comparison to the people who have played her previously.  We don't even know if it was her or that was the voice director though.  Does suck when people are being shit pieces though because then the actual criticism that people try to have gets lost.

Edited by Sonichuman
12 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Yea I think Zelda next is a no brainer, otherwise Kirby. 

Like how none of us are counting Pokémon lol. 

Word, lol.

But I think that is because Pokemon has been doing its own thing for so long, that is easy to assume that at least for now, Nintendo will probably focus on their classic brands which unlike Pokemon, don't have a presence on the screen be big or small.

5 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I'm hoping that Nintendo doesn't do what Marvel did in the beginning and actually has all their rights to there IP in the movie space so if they need to change studios or make a cross over happen they can with less effort.

From what I understand, Nintendo has not sold the rights of their Ips, except for Pokemon, who iirc, WB has them for 30 years.

Which I totally forgot about it when making my post above, lol.

I think that deal was made when WB took over Universal distribution rights over Detective Pikachu.

Now, seeing how close Universal and Nintendo are at the moment with the parks and all of that, I think they are tied to them for a long time as well, so we probably wouldn't see them changing studios any time soon.

1 hour ago, Sonichuman said:

Lily isn't bad as Ada but I don't think she's put enough characterization into the voice in comparison to the people who have played her previously.  We don't even know if it was her or that was the voice director though.  Does suck when people are being shit pieces though because then the actual criticism that people try to have gets lost.

The fact that she pulled the race and sexist card tells me everything I need to know about her and about this situation.

I don't condone it, but is clear to me that instead of focusing on the real issue people had with her, is easy to just blaming it all on any bad actor that took the opportunity to troll her, no matter how few they very likely were and generalize it to all the criticism.

The vast majority of criticism towards her was her lackluster performance.

Not her race, neither her sex.

Miss me with that bullshit.

Capcom will be wise to not bring her back in any future project, and actually bring Jolene Andersen.

Edited by Hecatom
8 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

I will lol hard if this somehow wins

Ada has never been funny. Mysterious and sexy are Ada main characteristics. This lady knows nothing about this character

Edited by Hawkingbird
13 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Metroid would probably be the last of those to get a movie, if it even ever gets one. I know you all where thrilled when Brie Larson said she wanted to do it lol (I actually like her so i wouldnt mind lol.)

I don't like Brie Larson but even if did, I'd hate casting. It would be another example of Hollywood casting some 5'6 woman for the role a tall actress should get. Heck they almost cast Rebecca Ferguson as Wonder Woman. She's like 5'5". Hell, I'm still waiting for live action Storm that's tall and dark skinned. They can't even get the dark skin right. Storm is supposed look like Iman. Yall are old like me, so you know who Iman is. 🙃