Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

35 minutes ago, MillionX said:

whoah, this one seemingly out of nowhere...at least I've not heard of it until just now

looks like the "new version of Hexen" I've wanted might be what's going on here.

Happy If You Say So GIF

You wanna know why you probably don't remember it?  Cause it got announced at TGA 2022 with a trailer that didn't tell people much about the game

Looks like EA picked up publishing rights for it under the Originals banner.  Gameplay looks interesting so definitely best of luck to them.

Edit:  Upon looking their channel on youtube, the CEO for Ascendant is one of the original creators of Dead Space....so he just went full circle to publish a game under EA but this time the IP belongs to him at least.  Pretty sure that's how the contract for Originals work.

Edited by Sonichuman

One thing I'm bummed about BotW and now TotK is that you can't rename link. I think that's why I never finished it, because I wanted PISS to have another adventure through Hyrule.

Actually, I remember I named him SHARTED in Wind Waker. I think I called him POTWEED in OoT the first time I played it.

Oh well, at least I could still name my horse in BotW. Link and PEMIS had some fun adventures, before I rode him off a cliff. 

47 minutes ago, Chadouken said:

One thing I'm bummed about BotW and now TotK is that you can't rename link. I think that's why I never finished it, because I wanted PISS to have another adventure through Hyrule.

Actually, I remember I named him SHARTED in Wind Waker. I think I called him POTWEED in OoT the first time I played it.

Oh well, at least I could still name my horse in BotW. Link and PEMIS had some fun adventures, before I rode him off a cliff. 

Damn you sound like my high school/college friend that would name his JRPG characters Lord Bone or Deez Nuts, etc. Although it was kind funny when some NPC would say some shit like "Deez Nuts saved us or I love Deez Nuts" 😂

Edited by Darc_Requiem

That presentation of Final Fanntasy XVI was incredible....  I'm sure there's some terribly jaded younger-generation gamers out there trying to play it cool like "eh that looked boring" as some of the most epic shit I've ever seen in years is happening on screen.  This is SO bought, man.... it might even be worth some time off work too...maybe that whole week.

Those battles man, goddamn

shocked holy shit GIF

Day one purchase, easyyyy.  I must have it.

You know, thinking about the Mario movie, I would say that there is another thing that I don't like.

And that is

Spoiler

that how Peach is portrayed on it.
She is just Daisy.

they just make her blonde Daisy, in terms of personality and physical capabilities lol.

I am kind of afraid of the change that they will make to Daisy to keep Peach as it is now.

Perhaps she will be the (western) quirky type I have come to dislike nowdays, 🥲

Which btw, ties with my problem of Luigi doing nothing on this movie.
It would have been nice to see him being proactive in trying to escape, and perhaps even rallying the other prisoners and all of them being part of another group that joins on the fight in the end.

I agree with many points on this review.

I would say, that as a proof of concept, this movie was good.
But I would like that for the next movies, we get more meat on the stories.

I don't ask it to be like PiB TLW tier, but it wouldn't hurt to thrive to be close in some way or another.

Since Mario has had good stories in the past, despite Miyamoto, lol.

1 hour ago, Hecatom said:

You know, thinking about the Mario movie, I would say that there is another thing that I don't like.

And that is

Hide contents

that how Peach is portrayed on it.
She is just Daisy.

they just make her blonde Daisy, in terms of personality and physical capabilities lol.

I am kind of afraid of the change that they will make to Daisy to keep Peach as it is now.

Perhaps she will be the (western) quirky type I have come to dislike nowdays, 🥲

Which btw, ties with my problem of Luigi doing nothing on this movie.
It would have been nice to see him being proactive in trying to escape, and perhaps even rallying the other prisoners and all of them being part of another group that joins on the fight in the end.

I agree with many points on this review.

I would say, that as a proof of concept, this movie was good.
But I would like that for the next movies, we get more meat on the stories.

I don't ask it to be like PiB TLW tier, but it wouldn't hurt to thrive to be close in some way or another.

Since Mario has had good stories in the past, despite Miyamoto, lol.

Spoiler

Peach is portrayed the way she is because that was the conditions Anya Taylor-Joy had for playing the character. She wanted Peach to be an actual ruler and not be a distressed damsel. I think Daisy can still be like she is in the games in the films but I think they will have to play up her hot blood and competitive traits up a bit more to separate her from Peach now.  

There was a recent interview with Miyamot who said the he actually originally wanted Peach to be a more powerful princess from the beginning but everything was more focused on Mario in the earlier games.  I don't think Peach being betrayed as she was in the movie was really due to Anya because I'm pretty sure the script was already mostly finalized before they brought the VA's in.    Peach always gets captured yes but we've seen many examples over the years that she can take care of herself in most situations that don't involve a giant spikey magic turtle that wants to take over her kingdom. 

https://cinemaphile.com/miyamoto-clarifies-that-he-always-wanted-peach-to-be-a-girlboss-this-was-never-a-woke-decision-made-by-the-studio-339712/

ha, I still can't help but laugh when I remember a certain friend saying in Diablo 3 that GR 20 was "impossible" (*because he always had unbelievably crappy, stupid-ass builds and is just plain lazy...imagine, walking around with underleveled, non-legendary gear, no set-items and wondering "damnnn why are my characters so weak!?" 😆 so ridiculous) as I push further into that each season... just yesterday I steamrolled a GR 101 easy, and this Necro still isn't fully optimized just yet.... the "Altar" for this season makes the characters more OP than they have ever been... I have most of it unlocked at this point.  

all these years later... my old college buddy (different from the aforementioned friend) is finally getting thru the rest of the story mode; this was sparked by his interest in D4.  haha it's 11 years later with this game and the guy is just now doing the rest of story mode....after all this time I will no longer have to tip-toe around certain spoilers there.

Edited by MillionX

I didn't think it was possible for someone to have such a fuckin huge ego that you leave no space for anything else in the room for something that is near infintesamally small in the grand scheme of things...until I watched that Bill Mitchell video.  How does this dude have friends or anyone that likes him?  There's having passion for hobbies and stuff and then there's...whatever the hell this is.

26 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I didn't think it was possible for someone to have such a fuckin huge ego that you leave no space for anything else in the room for something that is near infintesamally small in the grand scheme of things...until I watched that Bill Mitchell video.  How does this dude have friends or anyone that likes him?  There's having passion for hobbies and stuff and then there's...whatever the hell this is.

It's the wailing of a man who is a failure at life, found one niche he could scam some respect out of, and is desperate to hold onto it 

2 hours ago, RSG3 said:

It's the wailing of a man who is a failure at life, found one niche he could scam some respect out of, and is desperate to hold onto it 

I'm not even sure if I can call Billy a failure at life righr now cause he's somehow got money to be pulling these stupid stunts over something that is not that serious.  He's def king petty though.

18 hours ago, TheInfernoman said:

First person adventure game. Always has been. 

Ya'll need to go back to saying adventure games. Reject modernity embrace Tradition! 

Tradition dictates Monkey Island and such are the OG adventure games, which oddly enough the Prime games are closer to that then the open mapped side scrolling flagship games and their lineage.

4 hours ago, RSG3 said:

What is funny, is that unlike Todd Rodgers, who fits to a T what you are describing, Bily did have real legit records in the games (before starting to lie to keep it that way later in life).

Not trying to defend him, but at some point he was not a failure, lying con suing bastard.

The problem is that he left those records define him and become basically his whole identity.

Which lead to the point we are in, an inflated ego and a willingness to lie, scam, cheat, participate in corruption, etc.

I think that this situation escalated to this point due the circle he was in, with the top brass in twin galaxies at the time elevating him to "celebrity" status and do shady stuff to keep it that way alongside Todd Rogers and others as a way to have "celebrities" associated with them.

Speaking of Todd

It wasn't only Dragster and other minor games.

It was lies upon lies on over 1700 to 2000 games where he faked his records.

Edited by Hecatom