Stage Select

Video Game Discussion Thread vol. 2

Seeing the TMNT drawn by Shinkiro is surreal and something I didn't know I need to see

What's crazy is I used to HATE this man's art style but he's grown on me so much since the SNK days

(On another note, kinda wish the turtles were actually playable in SF6 instead of just costumes. A good opportunity to give them their movesets from the old tournament fighters back)

I was on Amazon a few nights and saw this game called Demon Throttle, an old-school ground based shoot 'em up that is a physical only release. It was only $20 so I went ahead and copped it along with Double Dragon Gaiden. You'd think the physical only game would come with something besides a game and case, but Demon Throttle has no extras for a physical only release, which I find odd. Double Dragon Gaiden came with a poster and some stickers.  Well, two physical Switch titles for about $50 isn't too shabby.

53 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

I'd definitely pick this up for Switch but I'm gonna wait to make sure this doesn't turn into another GTA trilogy fiasco.

So this was never released on PS4?

I wonder if it'll play on PS5, and if there's any performance boost. I'd buy it again if I could play at 60fps.

Edited by Chadouken
16 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Seeing the TMNT drawn by Shinkiro is surreal and something I didn't know I need to see

What's crazy is I used to HATE this man's art style but he's grown on me so much since the SNK days

Same. Growing up I was so meh on them. Didn't  really hate them but I just had no real love or appreciation. But after a few games like KOF 2001 or SF3 where he wasn't the artist plus the style differences shown with CVS 1 and 2. I grew to love seeing the characters in this style how detailed it was. 

17 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

Nope.  PS3 and 360.  I was gonna ask why aren't they didn't port this to Xbone/ Xbox Series and realized its already BC for those systems.

Oh shit, that reminds me I picked up the 360 version like 2 years ago because of Series X BC and I guess I forgot about it. Seriously it's like I buy games, pop em on my shelf and then some Eldritch horror just absorbs it into the void so I forget about it.

A game I did buy and didn't forget about was Contra Hard Corps: Uprising, bless up backwards compat, but yeah jaysus that game is tough. Actually had to restart the last level because after killing the last boss I missed jumping to the helicopter and lost my last life 😭